• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) coming to NA retail/eShop Summer 2013 (July 16)

jony_m

is this real life?, my body is ready, etc

Cannot wait for this... hope they keep jap voice overs for $50 tho

Eusis

is this real life?, my body is ready, etc

Cannot wait for this... hope they keep jap voice overs for $50 tho
Give both you can toggle between or it's kind of bullshit. Though I guess recent releases have kinda given the impression that if you're going sub-only it's because you're trying to save a buck, even if the licenses could kill that in some cases.

EDIT: Actually, don't forget we ARE on a 3DS cart, there may simply be no space for both voice tracks. it was only with blu-ray that moved from "It'd sure be nice to have" to "we should probably start making it clear we want this as standard when possible."

Fisico

They must be releasing the game early because by the end of the year they have scheduled Persona 5

/believe

But dont misunderstand me, I want both of those games, I'm just a PAL gamer

serplux

I want to see this as a preparation for SMT x FE's winter release date . :)

On another note I'm a really happy 3DS owner right now. Lots of RPGs to play and Mario&Luigi 4 is also coming soon.

Rune Factory 4 is coming this summer as well. Pokemon will be in October, and hopefully we'll get Dragon Quest VII/Bravely Default/Terry's Wonderland sometime soon.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Hell yeah, Soul Hackers in april, and SMT4 in Summer. Excellent.

Please bring over the SMT4 3DSXL

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rune Factory 4 is coming this summer as well. Pokemon will be in October, and hopefully we'll get Dragon Quest VII/Bravely Default/Terry's Wonderland sometime soon.

I'm betting we get BD by November, DQ VII next year as a surprise, and Terry's Wonderland NEVER.

Busaiku

You know, maybe the price hike means that they actually do consider Etrian Odssey IV's performance to be subpar, even given their size and the nature of the game.

Mr. Fix

dayum-dayum-dayum-better-speed.gif

Rarutos

And Rocket Slime as an experimental download title. Just to make it more absurd the Monster game got skipped over.

Ugh, don't remind me that we never got Rocket Slime 3DS. :(

Unexpectedly fast! I hope it's not really going to be 50 bucks... :( I'll probably buy it regardless but...

Eusis

Ugh, don't remind me that we never got Rocket Slime 3DS. :(

Unexpectedly fast! I hope it's not really going to be 50 bucks... :( I'll probably buy it regardless but...
Rocket Slime actually DOES seem like a shoe-in for digital-only release if they were willing to do that much for fans/building up interest for DQVII or X at least. The one we got was a pretty short game and its longevity was in the tank battles, and it's probably relatively text light compared to the proper RPG installments (including Monster) anyway.

In stead of complaining about being a European user, I'm going to do something useful and import an american 3DS as soon as this gets released.

Eusis

I'm not seriously expecting we'll ever see Rocket Slime, as much as I think the DD route would be great, but I do hope to see Bravely Default and DQVII at least.

TEJ

50 dollars for this is a paltry sum

this to me is what shenmue 3 would be to shenmue fans, shining force 4 to shining force fans, etc etc etc

besides, we'll probably get a ton of goodies with it.

I don't buy AAA games for more than 20-30 bucks(gonna wait a while for infinite lol)

I'd pay 100 bucks for SMT4, I hope it keeps the japanese cover art

daripad

Oh snap, didn't see this coming too soon, now my wallet will be ruined in summer because I have a huge backlog of games to buy from the first quarter and now they're filling the next two quarters with more games. Can't hold all those 3DS titles!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The original hasn't seen a release since 2003, you can't blame people for not remembering at this point.

Even then, the Persona series hasn't picked up until Persona 3. SMT3 should have at least picked up back then.

I'm guessing it really has to do with accessibility.

Squire

Banned
Even then, the Persona series hasn't picked up until Persona 3. SMT3 should have at least picked up back then.

I'm guessing it really has to do with accessibility.

Gameplay-wise, yes, but the premise as well. You'll probably dig P3 and definitely P4 if you've ever enjoyed a high-school based anime.

FaceDa

Banned
Give both you can toggle between or it's kind of bullshit. Though I guess recent releases have kinda given the impression that if you're going sub-only it's because you're trying to save a buck, even if the licenses could kill that in some cases.

EDIT: Actually, don't forget we ARE on a 3DS cart, there may simply be no space for both voice tracks. it was only with blu-ray that moved from "It'd sure be nice to have" to "we should probably start making it clear we want this as standard when possible."

Atlus never has dual-language. They also have the best localizations of Japanese games I've seen for the most part so I don't mind.

Top Bottom