• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shining Armor And Fine Words... The Official NO MORE HEROES Thread

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
27yn8k7.gif

Banner Credit: JDSN

BUY BUY BUY!

___________________________________________________________________________ ________________

Official NO MORE HEROES Thread
___________________________________________________________________________ ________________

No_More_Heroes.jpg

General Info

6585760c2b549aafb3bc9697d5a511.jpg

Title: NO MORE HEROES (formerly HeROes)

Developer: Grasshopper Manufacture
Director: Suda 51, director of world-renown killer7

Publisher -
US: Ubisoft
Japan: Marvelous/Spike
Europe: Rising Star Games

Release Date -
US: January 22nd, 2008
JPN: You didn't give a shit
EUR: You better give a shit (Feb 28th, 2008?)
Platforms - Wii Third Party Exclusive of Awesomeness
Rating: E for Everyone
Mini Games: Of course, see "Platforms"
Blood: Only If You're American

Plot

onewaytothetop.gif

The story revolves around Travis Touchdown, a stereotypical otaku who lives in poverty in the fictional town of Santa Destroy, California. After winning a beam katana in an internet auction he agrees to assassinate a hitman, Helter Skelter, which earns him rank 11 by the UAA, the governing body of assassins. For the rest of the game the player lives Travis' life, earning money and climbing the ranks of the UAA, eventually discovering secrets of his past.

"Barbaric I'd say, but acceptable.
How about getting rid of the 10 killers above you, and aim for the top?"
46f55c2c690fc_featured_without_text_nomoreheroes.jpg

Game Play

"Your shining armor and fine words won't get you anywhere!"

Unlike Killer7, the player will control the character Travis Touchdown only. The game will have a free roaming world, allowing Travis to move around on foot or on his motorcycle—the "Schpel Tiger". Game play is open-ended, with the concession that the player must kill the top 10 assassins in order for the storyline to progress. There will exist numerous part time job side quests to earn money and gain additional weapons. The player will also level up through experience points, but the exact details have not been revealed.

Control will be handled through the Wii Remote and Nunchuk attachment, with the Remote control the katana beam and the Nunchuk moving Travis. Most attacks will be performed using the "A" button, with certain other moves—including finishing strikes and sword lock breaks—being executed by following on-screen instructions. Further, since the sword runs on batteries, the player will have to shake the remote from time to time to "re-charge" it. While the sword will not follow the exact position of the remote, it will be able to distinguish between three different height levels and the angle of attacks. Successful execution of these moves will provide additional chances for attacks. Travis has also been shown demonstrating professional wrestling maneuvers to subdue opponents, including a Dragon Suplex, done by manipulating both the Wii Remote and Nunchuck.

Characters

"Hear the lullaby? Haha, rest in peace baby."
heroes.jpg

Death Metal
c10a.jpg

c10b.jpg

Bad Girl
c10.jpg

Randall Lovikov
c09.jpg

Dr. Peace
c08a.jpg

Destroy Man
c07.jpg

Thunder Ryu
c06.jpg

Doctor Naomi
c05.jpg

Shinobu
c04b.jpg

Holly Summers
c03a.jpg

Sylvia Christel
c02a.jpg

TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN
c01a.jpg

c01b.jpg

As a huge lover of killer7, I hope you enjoy NO MORE HEROES.
As any fan of Suda, one knows to expect a trippy, wild, visceral assault to the senses.
Listening to the outcries of the masses who played killer7, Suda has simplified the scenario, streamlined the pacing, and upped the action. No more rails. No more endless preaching. Just pure, unadultraed action, violence, and seizures. Of course, you can expect to see your flair or the zany and abnormal as well... it's the man's calling card.

This game is made or broken by its bizarre and eclectic cast.
Besides having an awesome, fast placed, bloody-Wii-made battle system, please look forward to learning the backstories of these characters as you make a bloodbath of Santa Destroy, California.

Previews

"Who knows?
Could kick ass; could be dangerous; could totally suck."

GameTrailers Videos
Special! 51 Movies
IGN Hands On
1UP Preview
The Official spOrsk Impressions Thread

Reviews

"Didn't know if he was the shit, or if he was just plain old shit."

Edge - 9/10!!!
Press Start - One Hundred Smiles
NGamer - 9.4
GameTrailers - 8.2
Famitsu - 9889
Game Pro - 4.5/5 GOTM
IGN - 7.8
XPlay - 5/5
GameSpot - 9.0 (Better than Twilight Princess, confirmed?)

Media

no_more_heroes_02-1.jpg

no-more-heroes-20071206060047434.jpg

53241520071123_133123_20_big.jpg

no-more-heroes-20071206060049153.jpg

no-more-heroes-20071115042342602.jpg

53241520071123_133126_25_big.jpg

53241520071123_133118_10_big.jpg

pict_03a.jpg

pict_03b.jpg

no-more-heroes-20071206060129027.jpg

nomoreh2.jpg

no-more-heroes-20071115042355977.jpg

no-more-heroes-20071115042344102.jpg

933024_20080122_embed002.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007-12-07-412.jpg

726ntic.jpg

SUDA SAYS CLEAN UP YOUR ACT....
Support third party games on Wii.
Support MATURE games on Wii.
And buy NO MORE HEROES.

Rest in peace, baby.

Ah shit I just noticed NMH is up for the 22nd on Gamestop.com.

Time to preorder.
Let's see....Endless Ocean during the day, NMH at night.
I can handle this.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Ah shit I just noticed NMH is up for the 22nd on Gamestop.com.

Time to preorder.
Let's see....Endless Ocean during the day, NMH at night.
I can handle this.
How about No More Heores all day until you finish it, then shitty ocean game after that.

Greatness Gone said:
How about No More Heores all day until you finish it, then shitty ocean game after that.

Some families aren't as accepting of exploding decapitations and/or fountains of blood as one would imagine and seeing as how the Wii is in the living room...

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Some families aren't as accepting of exploding decapitations and/or fountains of blood as one would imagine and seeing as how the Wii is in the living room...
What kind of household do you live in where children are not subjected to this violence?!

Teknoman

Time to make a visit to cheapassgamer.com. Here's hoping there's some nice deals on the game. That being said, I didnt become a proud owner of K7 for the cube until the game was like 10 bucks. Though I might be able to snag this at launch...definatly getting Smash Bros Brawl and DMC 4 at launch.

ezekial45

Banned
Nice thread! Can't wait for the game, but i still feel a little weird about the box art.

EDIT: I'll just say this again:

EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM BETTER BUY THIS GAME!

Kevtones

We must unite and post many times in this thread to heighten the awareness of this game for non-believers!!! Keep this thread going till DECEMBER!!!

ezekial45 said:
EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM BETTER BUY THIS GAME!
I bought into the sp0rsk hype and bought it. Severe disappointmentationathon. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it more than I did, I'm certain that John Harker will!

pulga

Banned
DAY ONE PURCHASE

Does anyone know if we get to actually fight Helter Skelter at the beginning of the game? I don't think we've ever had gameplay media of the fight released.

zoukka

Any news on the PAL-version and the cencorship shit ? Last i checked the PAL-version will be identical with the Japanese...

Do I have to buy another Wii just for one game ?

Great official thread...OR GREATEST?!

Day fucking one for me. Killer7 and Contact are so good that I'm now officially a Grasshopper fanboy. Was Michigan any good?

EDIT: Flynn, I just read your blog post about El Topo. Damn good work there! Tis a bad-ass movie indeed.

Kinda broke because I went on a holiday splurge so I dug deep...into my game collection and traded some stuff in. No More Heroes was one of the games I ended up pre-ordering.

I'll be doing my part on supporting Suda's revolution in gaming in bringing it closer to the artistic side of gaming. Still a month to go till the PAL release though :\

Im still a tad disappointed that the layered plot and themes are gone in this Suda release, but i can live without that.

Harker, i suppose you already got dibs in advance for the Silver Case/Flower, Sun, & Rain official threads?

Penguin

Dumb question,
Does anyone know if Nintendo World is doing anything for this?

I mean they had an event for Medal of Honor Heroes 2.

ezekial45

Banned
marvelharvey said:
I bought into the sp0rsk hype and bought it. Severe disappointmentationathon. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it more than I did, I'm certain that John Harker will!

I'm sorry to hear that. Though i'm still expecting great things from this game.

Hmm, didn't know that Suda was remaking a couple of his Japan only games for the DS--heh, who isn't these days--but now I do. Thanks, I'll be keeping an eye out for those now.

Fady K

Good job John!

This has been on my must-buy list since it was called "Heroes" 2 years ago. My most wanted Wii game this year so far.

Top Bottom