• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shining Armor And Fine Words... The Official NO MORE HEROES Thread

Hell yes! Pre-ordered for £28 and can't wait. Still got loads of other games to finish before this plus Zack & Wiki coming in a week or two but this is probably going straight to the top of my play list.
Never played Killer 7 but this game has so much attitude. Love it :D.

Dascu

Hero of Canton said:
Some people will be thrilled to hear this has received a 9/10 from Edge magazine, no less.

Thoroughly deserved, IMO.
what what what what what what.

Fantastic news if true.

Hero of Canton said:
Some people will be thrilled to hear this has received a 9/10 from Edge magazine, no less.

Thoroughly deserved, IMO.
New Issue? I might have to go buy it for that. 9/10 is an amazing score!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
DKnight said:
Nice thread! my hype for this game went from 0 to 100 reading through it.

Awesome!

Thanks for all the support for the thread guys, and obviously for the game.

To the guy above who says Edge gave it a 9... do you have a link so I can post it in the Reviews section?

John Harker

AgentOtaku said:
fuck yeah...I was waiting for JohnHarker's thread of burning love :lol :lol

ha, i hope it lived up to your expectations ;)
i hope to maintain liquidity with this thread, so ill be updating, of course, as news comes out and as the game launches

supercake

I've been anticipating this game like mad! *little girl squeel* Day 1 absolute!

Haha, going to have a blast with this one. I'm still wondering what the Killer 7 cameo is going to be? (Least I remember hearing there was something.) If it's Con Smith...

birdchili

don't anyone dare put exposed spoilers in here - keep them bits covered up.

if this is for reals good, i sure hope it sells a bit lot better than k7 did...

pleasebegoodpleasebegood...

i await the impressions of the killer 7 lovers.

Davidion

I'm usually not a big day 1 guy, but if this gets a couple of more solid reviews I'm running out on street date.

Might pick up Killer 7 while I'm at it.

dmshaposv

I had made a boxart for this one some time ago for vgboxart.com

I had assumed capcom would publish it and made up a random IGN quote. Should update it with the 9/10 from edge.

10522_no_more_heroes-orig.png

Can't wait for the 22th.

traveler

Not Wario
_Alkaline_ said:
Very nice OP. Makes me even more hyped.

Can't freakin wait.

Support your third parties people! BUY THIS GAME

Not to pick on you specifically, but why, exactly, should I buy this game to support a third party IF I don't think the actual game itself looks appealing? (Not saying that I do, just posing a scenario) I've seen this kind of wording thrown about quite a bit around here and I was just curious.

Aurelius

Even through I live in Europe this is a must buy for me!

Now hopefully they will leave Ninja Gaiden 2 bloody.

Tristam

marvelharvey said:
I bought into the sp0rsk hype and bought it. Severe disappointmentationathon. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it more than I did, I'm certain that John Harker will!

Are the God Hand comparisons warranted? That's all I need to know.

Teknoman

Either way, at least I know i'll be happy. GOD HAND, Contact, Killer7, and Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked (to a certain extent) all delivered his crazyness and the great soundtracks that usually come along with it.

John Harker

The guys who did the music for this game also did the music for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. In case anyone dug that.

Why is this awesome thread not on the first page?

Threi said:
I want this game so bad but i have no moneyyyyyyyyyy
In the same booooaaaat. :( I'm especially pissed because mom brought a Wii and it sits there and taunts me.

Wow I didnt knew you could customize Travis. Now I cant wait for this game.
And is that beam sword customized? That looks a lot like MR's Anakin skywalker Ep3 Lightsaber.

John Harker

SixStringPsycho said:
Wow I didnt knew you could customize Travis. Now I cant wait for this game.
And is that beam sword customized? That looks a lot like MR's Anakin skywalker Ep3 Lightsaber.

There are several beam katanas, there isn't only one.
I was going to post them all, but I didn't want to do too many spoilers other than the characters...

But you can expect customization, aye aye

EDarkness

I've already reserved my copy at Play Asia, so now it's just a matter of waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to play it, and I hope everyone enjoys it. Also, a 9/10 from Edge is a feat in of itself. Let's hope this translates into good sales.

John Harker

i think its maybe the opening menu of the game or something, but can someone make me a gif of travis walking down that road with the windmills or whatever it is in the background?

i wanna put that in the OP. so good.

traveler said:
Not to pick on you specifically, but why, exactly, should I buy this game to support a third party IF I don't think the actual game itself looks appealing? (Not saying that I do, just posing a scenario) I've seen this kind of wording thrown about quite a bit around here and I was just curious.

People complain about the lack of hardcore, mature Wii exclusive 3rd party games that appeal to the core audience. This is one of them, and if it sells well, it may provide incentive for developers to further their support and commitment to the system.

John Harker

_Alkaline_ said:
People complain about the lack of hardcore, mature Wii exclusive 3rd party games that appeal to the core audience. This is one of them, and if it sells well, it may provide incentive for developers to further their support and commitment to the system.

Aye.
That, ya know, and it's an awesome game.

9/10!

Well, honestly, I don't expect a lot of news sources to replicate that score, but between that and spOrsk, I think that's a mighty fiiiiiine body there

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Galaxy+SSB Delay=Pre-order'd (even remembered to use the GAF EVIL LORE MONEYHAT link). Hope it's as fun as it looks. It's doing pretty rotten on the Amazon sales charts for a game that comes out next week, but I guess that's not a surprise to anyone.

Ironballs

Hopefully word of mouth is strong, cause Ubisoft ain't really doing much for it.

Regardless, this game is gonna be awesome on so many levels. This and Advance Wars next week are making the Brawl delay very palatable.

John Harker

BetterWorldz said:
You better give us blood (it's still censored right?)

therewillbeblood.JPG

for Americans only

I will buy three copies of this game just to support the awesomeness that is this game!

Please do and take pictures of it so I can put in the OP and award you a gold star

Top Bottom