• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shining Armor And Fine Words... The Official NO MORE HEROES Thread

Fady K

John Harker said:
The guys who did the music for this game also did the music for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. In case anyone dug that.

Yeah, because of them, Umbrella Chronicles OST kicks ASS. Their Killer 7 music kicked ass. Their God Hand music kicked ass. Their Michigan music kicked ass. And No More Heroes music will kick ass. Less than a week away! By the way is that your pic up there? Awesome pic. I want a saber too :(

Pre-ordered, but since i live in the UK, its gonna take take a while for my import to come!

We all need to spread the NMH message everywhere, give Suda the love it needs!!! To be sure, when the game hit EU shores, i will be promoting the hell out of this in my store! I will bust out some toilet paper ;)

I'm picking both this and Endless Ocean up as well. Far more excited for NMH first though. Been a HUGE fan of Killer 7 and been waiting since day one for this. Its already paid in full and everything. :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Fady K said:
By the way is that your pic up there? Awesome pic. I want a saber too :(

Ha, no that's not me. Just some cosplaying dude and his sweet halloween costume.

Yo!
So I actually saw an AD for this game!
Can you believe it? Saw a banner ad on IGN, clicked it...

and behold, I found the translated, US website. Cool. Didn't even know they had an English version.
Anyway, enjoy: http://nomoreheroesgame.us.ubi.com/index.php

Bebpo

Banned
So I'm finally getting around to playing this now that I'm done with FF4r and it's really great but man, how did they fuck up Travis's voice so much. Everyone else in the game has had good or at least passable acting, and all the acting in Killer 7 was good or passable, but Travis sounds like the lamest guy ever. I want to fight Travis and kill him because he is so annoying. Really hate his execution of the lines, which are corny but ok in themselves.

CrisKre

Everyone and their momma need to buy this. BUY THIS! Show suda some <3 and maybe next time WE will get the NMH tissue paper to wipe our asses in fine fine character art.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just wanted to add that Paula Tiso does Sylvia's voice. She also voiced Lulu in FFX, and she was so awesome.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
John Harker said:
:
The guys who did the music for this game also did the music for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. In case anyone dug that.

FUCK YEAH!

Another reason why this game's gonna kick so much ass

I wish the graphical issue that I despise the most wasn't so prominent in the game, that is the very reason I couldn't enjoy SOTColossus: framerate issues be damned! I really hope it isn't near that bad

John Harker

botticus said:

What doesn't make sense in that article is them saying that they are secretly working on an Xbox 360 title with Konami. Since when? He is suppose to be doing Fatal Frame 4 for the week.

The Killer7 director is also currently working on porting two of his previously released titles in Japan to the DS--Flower, Sun and Rain, and Silver Case. As if this wasn't enough, he is also working on a "top secret" Xbox 360 project with Konami.

With a team that small, they certainly couldn't be working on all those DS games and more than one console title...

Dash

Alaluef said:
Just wanted to add that Paula Tiso does Sylvia's voice. She also voiced Lulu in FFX, and she was so awesome.

Good to know. Lulu's voice acting was fantastic.

I'm still on the fence on whether or not to pick this up. EDGE has given me faith, but I'll wait for a few more reviews before committing.

botticus

John Harker said:
What doesn't make sense in that article is them saying that they are secretly working on an Xbox 360 title with Konami. Since when? He is suppose to be doing Fatal Frame 4 for the week.

With a team that small, they certainly couldn't be working on all those DS games and more than one console title...
Probably something for Project S.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
John Harker said:
i don't know if suda has any involvement in Fatal Frame 4. he has said in interviews that he's working on a 360 game. i didn't think it was with konami, but we do know he's doing something 360 related.

however, that could be a one time fling if NMH is received well over here. Suda DOES want to make a sequel if he can...

also, project S is allegedly that Wii game Suda has been working on with Kojima based on Snatcher so thats not it.

John Harker

botticus said:
Probably something for Project S.

My bet is on a downloadable extension to their recent Snatcher project then
It makes the most sense, considering the team size, the number of projects, and the budgets they usually receive.

Dascu

So we have confirmation that Suda is working on the 360 already, together with Konami. I assume this means that it's the Kojima collaboration project, Project S. Then there's also the DS remakes of his older games and Fatal Frame Wii. Busy busy. :p

Banned
Dascu said:
So we have confirmation that Suda is working on the 360 already, together with Konami. I assume this means that it's the Kojima collaboration project, Project S. Then there's also the DS remakes of his older games and Fatal Frame Wii. Busy busy. :p
Isn't project s some kind of radio play thing. I thought it wasn't a game at all.

Dascu

Isn't project s some kind of radio play thing. I thought it wasn't a game at all.
Project S is the general term used for the Snatcher revival project. The radio play's part of it, and I'm pretty sure there's going to be a remake or sequel sooner or later.

Banned
Dascu said:
Project S is the general term used for the Snatcher revival project. The radio play's part of it, and I'm pretty sure there's going to be a remake or sequel sooner or later.
So we have a few DS projects, Project S probably on 360 and the No More heroes sequel on Wii.

I could have sworn Suda said he had another wii game in development. One that focused on online. I'll look for a qoute.

Dascu

So we have a few DS projects, Project S probably on 360 and the No More heroes sequel on Wii.

I could have sworn Suda said he had another wii game in development. One that focused on online. I'll look for a qoute.
Don't forget Fatal Frame 4 Wii. And about the online thing: He said he was interested in online, but I don't think he actually said something about it being on the Wii or anything.

Also, though it makes sense that his 360 Konami collaboration would be Project S, I'm surprised it's not on Wii. I mean, AFAIK, Snatcher an adventure game with some shooting elements. It would make so much sense to remake it using the Wii controller.

Banned
Dascu said:
Don't forget Fatal Frame 4 Wii. And about the online thing: He said he was interested in online, but I don't think he actually said something about it being on the Wii or anything.

Also, though it makes sense that his 360 Konami collaboration would be Project S, I'm surprised it's not on Wii. I mean, AFAIK, Snatcher an adventure game with some shooting elements. It would make so much sense to remake it using the Wii controller.
Is suda himself involved in Fatal Frame? I've never seen him talk about it.

If Project S is still considered a game, then my money is back on Wii. I just can't see a game like that on 360

Dascu

Is suda himself involved in Fatal Frame? I've never seen him talk about it.

If Project S is still considered a game, then my money is back on Wii. I just can't see a game like that on 360

Wiki says he's co-directing it, but I'm not sure if that's really official. I do think he will be involved with it himself though. I think he likes the Fatal Frame franchise, considering how his own games Michigan and even Killer7 have some similar elements to them.

Banned
Hmm that's true. Fatal frame is a lot like Michigan.

I'm actually surprised Grasshopper took the job. Suda always seemed to be, not actively against licensed games, but at least against the idea of young developers working on licensed games instead of their own. I honestly would have expected a Michigan sequel instead of Fatal Frame.

But I'm happy for it. I want to see how he pulls off this series, especially in a post RE4 world, where apparently horror game are no longer about pure horror.

Dascu

Hmm that's true. Fatal frame is a lot like Michigan.

I'm actually surprised Grasshopper took the job. Suda always seemed to be, not actively against licensed games, but at least against the idea of young developers working on licensed games instead of their own. I honestly would have expected a Michigan sequel instead of Fatal Frame.

But I'm happy for it. I want to see how he pulls off this series, especially in a post RE4 world, where apparently horror game are no longer about pure horror.
Ehh, he's worked on licensed games like Samurai Champloo and Blood+. Grasshopper probably has to mix between original projects and licensed games funded by external sources to stay in business.

John Harker

I thought Audio was working on Contact 2 also.
At least they hinted Audio and GHM were working on Contact 2, though they wouldn't commit to what form the game would take.

fresquito

Today I've written an article related to No More Heroes in my (spanish) blog. The article is based on a wave of thinking that is happening in several Spanish forums, where people is asking for an uncensored European version. The tone of the demandings is not very healthy and I think it may do a bit of harm to the game.

If anyone's interested, here's the article.

Dascu

fresquito said:
Today I've written an article related to No More Heroes in my (spanish) blog. The article is based on a wave of thinking that is happening in several Spanish forums, where people is asking for an uncensored European version. The tone of the demandings is not very healthy and I think it may do a bit of harm to the game.

If anyone's interested, here's the article.
I wonder how many of them were interested in the game in the first place. I admit, I would've preferred the blood-version, or put in an option to choose between both styles, but damn. Not buying the game because of a silly thing like that?

fresquito

Yeah, I hate censorship, but the tone of many people is just over the top. As you point, many, if not the big majority of them, probably never intended to get the game in the first place. They are just fighting a war that fits their agenda without really thinking that a game like this can suffer quite a lot because of this.

Besides, this can't be labelled as censorship, if anything it'd be self-censorship.

Dascu

FooTemps said:
while I want to add to the day 1 numbers, I only got 25 bucks. :( maybe week 1.

Definitely a get worthy game though.
Then steal it. Or rob some old lady. I'm sure she'll forgive you if she knows it's to support Suda. Let her play with your Wii some day to make up for it.

Ydahs

Anyone know the release date for Australia? Is it safe to assume we'll be getting it around the same time as Europe?

Guled

Could you guys tell me how much replay value the game has? I really want to buy it but I don't have much money right now, so it looks to be a rent :(

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Guled said:
Could you guys tell me how much replay value the game has? I really want to buy it but I don't have much money right now, so it looks to be a rent :(

It seems to be a longer game, I find those have less replay value...

Mostly because of tedious beginnings >.<

But still, dont be one of the people who holds out for bargain bin! Get this game while you can or else we have no chance of getting more hardcore games for the Wii!

I am not saying go out and grab a BAD hardcore game, but whenever a good hardcore game hits we should completely embrace it! Show them its not that we dislike real games, we just hate the shit shovel-ware that is thrown at the Wii!

I wish Nintendo do something nice for deserving 3rd party devs like Grasshopper in order to stimulate their sales. Perhaps pack in a small SSB:B demo with NMH, sorta like how Crackdown had a Halo 3 beta key.

Ugh, I just realized I have absolutely no money I can spend on this game when it comes out.
This is probably one of my most anticipated games right now along with MGS4 and Brawl.

Vinnk

Guled said:

I am on my second play-through right now and I and sure I will do a third. The first time was just to beat it, now I am trying to collect different costumes, items and see some of the things I missed the first time.

After that I plan to try all the difficulty levels. The Boss battle are so much fun sometimes I don't save after I beat them so I can play it again.

For me at least it has TONS of replay value.

Top Bottom