• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shining Armor And Fine Words... The Official NO MORE HEROES Thread

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Alts said:
Well, I'm rank two now. I found out while frantically swinging that
you can bat back the gimps at Bad Girl.
I never did it successfully, but I tried. As much as I am loving this game, it's about time to end now. I'll do mission 18 a few hundred times, buy everything available, and then fight the final battle. I don't know whether I'd be willing to go through it again on bitter (with all the other games I need to finish)
I was on the same boat, but when I realized I was already replaying on bitter, I can't stop.

AniHawk said:
My sister kept quoting the Penny-Arcade comic the entire time I was playing the game.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2000/20001115h.jpg
:lol

eznark

Banned
Anyone see any iphone wallpapers floating around?

I have to admit that I'm finding the over world tedious, but the levels and boss fights (and the voice mails from the video store) make it all worthwhile.

rabhw

TheGreatDave said:
I'm fine up until the last...say, 1/4 of her life. Then I make one mistake and it's all over.

At that point I just kept my distance from her (a good distance). The only time I attacked was when she taunts, when she's twirling her sword around. I rush in, hit her twice, then went back to a distance until the next taunt.

Fuu

Slow-mo circle strafing with the analog stick while blocking combos is the answer for taking heavy HP from most bosses. Most of the time they'll become dizzy after this too so you can pull a wrestling move.

Xisiqomelir

TheGreatDave said:
I'm fine up until the last...say, 1/4 of her life. Then I make one mistake and it's all over.

rabhw is right. Once you get her down, just play it safe. Instead of taking every opportunity, take, say, half the opportunities.

DarkKyo

Ah awesome thanks alot!

Though I trust there is no official art of Jeane? I haven't seen any yet.

... Or Darkstar! He was badass.

Fuu

Dechaios said:
Ah awesome thanks alot!

Though I trust there is no official art of Jeane? I haven't seen any yet.

... Or Darkstar! He was badass.
I really want to see those too.

eznark

Banned
goldenticket said:
what size do they have to be? i can make something this weekend

Honestly, I don't know. I'm just a lazy bum who uses the hard work of others (at least in iphone wallpaper terms)

Fuu

Oh shit, the
cards in the stages on Bitter are not in chronological order anymore
. I'll have to pay extra attention.

@ Alaluef i noticed that. im playing bitter now and in the first level i got #4 (which i missed the first time) and another one over 100

@ thx nate405 i didnt know what the point was. do you have to have every single card before its unlocked?

Nate405

goldenticket said:
@ Alaluef i noticed that. im playing bitter now and in the first level i got #4 (which i missed the first time) and another one over 100

@ thx nate405 i didnt know what the point was. do you have to have every single card before its unlocked?

Select the cards from the menu at Travis' apartment, then highlight one of the new (51+) cards and hit A to bring up the concept art. Also, some of the new cards are obtained by digging in Santa Destroy so watch for dots on the mini-map if you're obsessive about collecting them all.

Proven

Nate405 said:
Select the cards from the menu at Travis' apartment, then highlight one of the new (51+) cards and hit A to bring up the concept art. Also, some of the new cards are obtained by digging in Santa Destroy so watch for dots on the mini-map if you're obsessive about collecting them all.

Fuck, I gotta get back home this weekend to do this second playthrough finally.

JoeFu

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
FUCK YOU SHINOBU, I KNOW I'LL NEVER BEAT YOU.

When she's almost dead and is about to do her instadeath, just hide behind a pillar, she can't hit you if she's directly across, after she does that stupid attack, just run up to her and hit her and then repeat.

eznark

Banned
doomed1 said:
i'm not either, but damn if it isn't fun to just run around collecting shit

That is my only minor quibble with the game, I find myself wanting to spend as little time in the overworld as possible. Now if I could run amok with the light saber, then Id be collecting!

eznark said:
That is my only minor quibble with the game, I find myself wanting to spend as little time in the overworld as possible. Now if I could run amok with the light saber, then Id be collecting!

I was the same way too, but little by little it started to grow on me.

yeah i got use to it but also i have more fun riding the bike. doing turbo all the time and jumps and turning with the skid rather then the nunchuk

eznark

Banned
goldenticket said:
yeah i got use to it but also i have more fun riding the bike. doing turbo all the time and jumps and turning with the skid rather then the nunchuk

oh Lord, I cannot stand the bike. I haven't done the things you're talking about though, so maybe I just need to explore it more.

depward

Thought I'd throw in a "I <3 this game so" - so just unbelievably fun to play. And that's what games are all about, right?

Argh. I hoofed it through the entire city, and was fairly sure I found all the t-shirts. However, upon arriving back at the hotel, I missed ONE shirt...#90. I really don't feel like running around trying to find the one dumpster I missed, but I *really* want all of the shirts. Does anyone maybe remember what part of the city #90 is in?

eznark

Banned
FlashbladeGAF said:
You try riding in first person view?

Holy shit. So I just beat the #6 fight. Hop on my bike to make some loot to try and win one more before I go to bed and I run into a pole. I shit you not, I was totally unable to move. I was up against a pole, just a normal street lamp or something, and totally unable to move forwards, backwards, side to side, with boost, without boost. I literally tried everything. Got off the bike, back on the bike.

I had to turn off the game because of a damn street lamp?

Man, the story is ramping up a bit too...come on!!

(I'm getting a good laugh out of it, just so strange. It's not the type of thing to bug me, it was just funny that the last thing talked about was the bike, and I hit some weird glitch.)

ive got stuck before (sucks) but what you do is get off your bike then once you get far enough from it push 1 and he will call his friend to bring the bike to you. its a pain but you dont have to shut it off

Proven

eznark said:
Holy shit. So I just beat the #6 fight. Hop on my bike to make some loot to try and win one more before I go to bed and I run into a pole. I shit you not, I was totally unable to move. I was up against a pole, just a normal street lamp or something, and totally unable to move forwards, backwards, side to side, with boost, without boost. I literally tried everything. Got off the bike, back on the bike.

(I'm getting a good laugh out of it, just so strange. It's not the type of thing to bug me, it was just funny that the last thing talked about was the bike, and I hit some weird glitch.)

Yeah, it's happened to me before and it's fucking weird. I just did what the other guy just mentioned. Teleport your bike (this means you could also do a job).

Jirotrom

eznark said:

that happned to me twice... you just have to boost out of it.

Nicktals

Banned
I had that glitch happen once, but I just held down A for about 10 seconds and his did his front wheelie and rolled right over the post.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
TheGreatDave said:
Has anybody got hold of the soundtrack CD yet? I know it's 3CDs, but what kind of length is it? Is each disc packed?
I have it, first 2 discs are packed with 25 and 19 songs respectively. 3rd disc has 13 songs with the rest being the 8bit sound effects.

it's still the best soundtrack so far this year, I give it 9.5/10.

Alts

I got stuck in a fence once. I just ran the rest of the way. The advantage of geometry not appearing a couple seconds before you hit it makes up for the lost time for sure. Plus, dumpters.

Fuu

Lyrics for Dr. Peace's song (Track #12 on Disc 3 of the OST. Placed there because
it also plays during the credits of the "fake" ending
).

The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything

Despair, The End of the World
I Hear The Rising Phoenix In My Dream.
And The Virgin Child Made A Wish Upon a Star,
That Night Her Mother Talks no More.

Keep A Hold The End of the Dream
A Shining Fish Splashes in a Stream
And The Virgin Child Loses Her Heart and Soul
That Night Her Mother's Eyes See no More.

When the Wind Blows, a Virgin Child Comes Sing A Song.
Such a Pretty Melody Never Heard Before.

No More Lullabies.
The Virgin just as the Night.

eznark

Banned
I tried boosting out of it and it didn't work. As I was turning the game off I realized I should probably just go somewhere and call it, but I wanted to play some Pixel Junk Monsters anyway, and that gave me a good excuse.

tim1138

Just finished the game, absolutely brilliant.

Poor Emir at the end, getting cut in half by Henry. The fight against Jeane was a bitch, but once I got her timing down it turned into a battle of attrition I was happy to see Shinobu come back at the end as well. I got the real ending and was cracking up through the whole thing, so so messed up. I loved Sylvia saying too bad there's no sequel being followed by a To Be Continued screen.

Great great game all around.

Top Bottom