• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shining Armor And Fine Words... The Official NO MORE HEROES Thread

Narag

Finished it today as well.

The Henry epilogue fight was fun but kind of easy. The Jeane fight though reminded me so much of Devil Hand and the Vergil boss fights from their respective games.

Jenga

Banned
Someone make a wallpaper of the
Painting with Henry and Travis. That shit would be my main wallpaper for months to come

im playing through bitter now and i notice you do different wrestling moves now. does each level of difficulty have its own wrestling moves?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Alaluef said:
Lyrics for Dr. Peace's song (Track #12 on Disc 3 of the OST. Placed there because
it also plays during the credits of the "fake" ending
).

The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything

Despair, The End of the World
I Hear The Rising Phoenix In My Dream.
And The Virgin Child Made A Wish Upon a Star,
That Night Her Mother Talks no More.

Keep A Hold The End of the Dream
A Shining Fish Splashes in a Stream
And The Virgin Child Loses Her Heart and Soul
That Night Her Mother's Eyes See no More.

When the Wind Blows, a Virgin Child Comes Sing A Song.
Such a Pretty Melody Never Heard Before.

No More Lullabies.
The Virgin just as the Night.
second favorite song in the whole game, right behind "Pleather for Breakfast." i need to get this soundtrack NAO.

anyway, anyone else notice that Travis's phone is an iPhone? :lol

Eteric Rice

So far, I like the arrows thing for combat. You don't have to be super precise at all, and it sort of adds to the fun in a strange way. :D

Killed the first boss, so I'm number 10. Will continue later on. :D

Scrubking

Got the game today, played an hour, and all I can say is it's awesome. The combat controls are amazing and I can't imagine liking any Wii Star Wars game that doesn't do something like this.

The humor is good and the bike controls are fine. It's just that you can't expect an impracticaly huge bike like that to turn on a dime. It's big, it's clunky and it drives like it's supposed to - like a tank.

Oh yeah, and the arrows for finishing moves and throws is absolutely genius. This game has raised the bar for Wii controls.

beef3483

Eteric Rice said:
So far, I like the arrows thing for combat. You don't have to be super precise at all, and it sort of adds to the fun in a strange way.

I actually can't stand the imprecision. There are times when it tells me to slash left and I would slash right, but it still worked just fine. I'm beginning to wonder if the directions we're just put in to give you a way to slash.

Eteric Rice

beef3483 said:
I actually can't stand the imprecision. There are times when it tells me to slash left and I would slash right, but it still worked just fine. I'm beginning to wonder if the directions we're just put in to give you a way to slash.

I think the reason they went that route was because if it were to precise, people would be complaining a lot. I'm not sure if it matters to much as to which way you slice, but it is pretty fun. :)

I do think I slashed the wrong way a few times and it didn't register, though. But at very least it gives you a lot of wiggle room.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
beef3483 said:
well, you don't want unresponsive controls, but if there is that illusion that you have to slash in that direction, it'll feel more necessary and therefore more engaging. it was a good idea, even if it doesn't really matter in the end.

Alts

beef3483 said:

No, it's likely because of the threshold set for detection from the accelerometer. and you jerking it right will result in some recoil to the left.

yeah thats it. if it says left and you go up or down it wont do anything. same with wrestling moves but if it says right and you swing right and then bring it back it will catch that and do it.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Has anyone beaten bitter yet? Is there some really cool special ending even though the true ending is quite bad ass? I played through it once and I think I am going to go through and finally beat Zack and Wiki or something like that now.

Jenga

Banned
AlternativeUlster said:
Has anyone beaten bitter yet? Is there some really cool special ending even though the true ending is quite bad ass?
Nah. Although I got up to about 1000 hits on the
final fight with henry before I beat him
So if you're looking for a challenge, go for it.

Touchdown

Banned
Shinobu's fan attack( when she's almost dead) is almost an instant kill! It pisses me off, should I be far away from her to completely dodge it?

Crap I had a chance to get this game when I went shopping with my gf, but I didn't want to get any guff from her about buying more games. Now I can't find a copy nearby.

Eteric Rice

Is there a certain way to make wrestling moves happen more frequently? :D

Also, this game needs a sequel. :O Supposedly hard to find from what I'm seeing and hearing.

@ Jamesfrom818 i saw online somewhere that amazon will get another shipment on the 6th so i bet other retailers are the same. it seemed to sell out of its first shipment fast but you should be able to get one in a few days.

@ Eteric Rice just use the b button to stun them first and then again to do the wrestling moves. some people its hard to stun but a lot you can. like do a slash or two first then hit b and then b again to do the move. also the moves you do gets better. and yes we need a sequel, i hope it happens

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
2rykdmt.jpg

Eteric Rice said:
Is there a certain way to make wrestling moves happen more frequently? :D

Also, this game needs a sequel. :O Supposedly hard to find from what I'm seeing and hearing.
By meleeing enemies with the B button you can daze them, which will then prompt you to hit the B button again to perform a wrestling move on them.

Just finished the #2 boss battle. It's a pain in the ass, but I honed my slowmo dodging skills against that
bitch
. Those
gimps tied up on the conveyor belt are funny as hell. When you hit one and try to send it back, it starts spinning like a top (that's one of the things that would make you say "this has to be from Japan..."):lol

I'm about to go face rank 4, but holy shit at rank 5!
That totally came out of left field. I figured something would happen before the countdown ended, but still holy shit!. :O

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I just rented this game earlier tonight and it's amazing. I wasn't even drunk when I
was playing it. (I'm drunk now, but that doesn't matter.) Everyone should buy it, its awesomeness knows no bounds.

Danthrax said:
I just rented this game earlier tonight and it's amazing. I wasn't even drunk when I
was playing it. (I'm drunk now, but that doesn't matter.) Everyone should buy it, its awesomeness knows no bounds.

No drunk person can type "its awesomeness knows no bounds" without error.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
TheMissingLink said:
No drunk person can type "its awesomeness knows no bounds" without error.

Copy editing is my thing, if I can do ANYTHING while drunk, it's write accurately.

BTW, rent or buy No More Heroes, it's fun and you get to masturbate your sword often.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Shinobu is easy.

my strategy is to keep her in the center of the stage/arena, once her health gets down to 1/4 wait for that attack dont go crazy just wait for it. you can dodge it by emergency evading it but you gotta keep EE the attack you cant stop EE it till the attack is over , otherwise she'll nail you with it. once you get over that (she only uses this move once in the whole fight) just do the usual while keeping your distance and being careful. wrestling moves and dark sidestep dont work on her because she is too fast for Travis to keep up. it's a fight that you gotta approach with patience.

I'm horrible at free fights. Any tips? Should I try and round them up and pick on one, getting alot hopefully in a giant swipe? I usually end up having a guy interrupt my combo :(

Should I try to lure them into 1v1 fights?

Nemesis_

I'm stuck on how to get into the Rank 2 battle.

Also, did anyone notice that in the Japanese version during saving, you see Travis' ass whereas in the US version you don't? =P:lol

Nemesis556 said:

Also, did anyone notice that in the Japanese version during saving, you see Travis' ass whereas in the US version you don't? =P:lol

You gotta jump over the gates with your bike to get in.

Nemesis556 said:

What AceBandage said. It shouldn't be that hard since
they tell you how to jump over gates before you go to the back of Destroy Stadium. Also, be ready for that boss fight because you have to slowmo dodge like hell in this battle and use lots of wrestling moves.

Companion Cube said:
I'm horrible at free fights. Any tips? Should I try and round them up and pick on one, getting alot hopefully in a giant swipe? I usually end up having a guy interrupt my combo :(

Should I try to lure them into 1v1 fights?
If it's in the parking lot, round all of the guys up and take them out 4 or five at a time with 1 death blow. In wide areas, try to take them on 1 or 2 at a time and don't go crazy with the A button or you be in a combo you can't stop, leaving yourself open.

vareon

Bought it at launch, finished it last night. Wow, it's incredibly fun :lol

I beat the game on Sweet, though, and I thought it was a little too easy. I might try again on Mild
with Tsubaki Mk-III and infinite battery of course

Regarding the (almost) last boss :
too bad we couldn't fight Dark Star
. :(

ElFly

For the final slashes you can waggle in any direction and it will register.

For the wrestling moves you have to waggle as the game tells you.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yay, got all the cards! Very good
design materials and artwork
. I wish I knew how to rip them from the game.

There's even bits of info on the bosses like their ages, where they were born, etc

ezekial45 said:
Where did you find that?
It's Bad Girl's fridge

ninj4junpei said:
Are wrestling moves random?
Yes and no, they're different when you use them certain times. If you remember a move during a rank mission, you will always use that move on that particular boss if they're dizzied. On regular enemies, you can either grab them from the front or the back and the actual front or back throw will be random if you learned new moves. There are a couple front throws and back throws that you can learn by watching videos (purchased at the Beef Head vid store).

I know this is a little confusing to understand. Explaining the shit in this game is kind of hard and confusing too :lol !

ElFly

Started a new game on bitter...

Man, the 9# rank boss never fucking dies. He has looooots of health.

I think I will start a new game in Mild. This is too much.

It took me about 8:30 hours to finish the game and was a very satisfying experience. On the whole, the first 1/3 of the game was really awesome and the last 1/3 of the game was really awesome, but the middle 1/3 kind of dragged a bit and was too repetitive. Still, well worth the money.

Also, I really liked the reference to
Duke Nukem Forever
at the end.

Sallokin

Traded in the awful Nights game for this and I couldn't be happier. I was sort of put off by some of the reviews but damn this game is fantastic!

Top Bottom