• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shit you do with your food that weirds out other people

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I like grated carrots on my tacos, it gives crunchiness like lettuce but gives more flavor.

wetwired

I love Bananenweizen (Wheat Beer + Banana Juice). I mean it's not that uncommon in Germany, but some people are weirded out by it.

462606791_103271f33a.jpg

Try it, it's great!

ewww..

Some wheat beers have a distinct banana flavour already though?

Oh wait, i eat grilled and seasoned groceries hot dogs with rice or rice poridge not as struggle food. Taste good especially with soy sauce.

Numb

I'd be freaked out over the ketchup posts if I didn't know someone who puts it on literally everything

Gaardus

My family takes issue with the way I eat corn on the cob. Rather than just bite into the kernels, I pry them off with my teeth, row by row. The result is a very naked cob, which apparently is just Wrong™.

Big Blue

What are some weird things you do with meals, like a weird topping or unconventional combination that weirds out other people when you tell them about it?

I don't drink milk (have a mild dairy intolerance) so when I want a bowl of cereal, I use water instead of milk, I have tried cereal with milk and It actually didn't make that much of a difference in my opinion, it just adds moisture to the cereal making it easier to chew and swallow mostly. (I have also used coffee, but that was a failed experiment)

The fact that I do this weirds out Friends, Coworkers and Family, much to my enjoyment.
I'm definitely lactose intolerant, have you ever tried Lactaid dude? That's nasty

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I pick apart sandwiches and burgers when they are 70% eaten.

I dip onion rings in chocolate milkshakes. I got the idea from an alien played by Corin Nemec in Stargate SG-1. He was right, it really is good.

mustard on Mac n cheese and potatoes. Hell i put it on almost anything.

Another thing would be aspartame and milk which apparently no one else i know ever thought about trying :S

I love Bananenweizen (Wheat Beer + Banana Juice). I mean it's not that uncommon in Germany, but some people are weirded out by it.

462606791_103271f33a.jpg

Try it, it's great!
...there's banana juice?
Like, that's a thing you can get?
Yo I want just that. How do I get?

I need my food to be separate to an unholy degree. I don't make a deal of it when in a restaurant, but if I cook or at a buffet, I'll have my clean, separate foods and be happier cause of it.

That's not weird...it's delicious.

That sounds delicious. Kinda surprised I haven't tried that yet.

For me it's having a plain cheeseburger at In N Out. "What no double double?! No animal style?!" I find that I can taste some charred flavors that get hidden with all the toppings. The cheese flavor really comes out and so so does the toasted bun.

A nice hashbrown egg sandwich is delicious. Didn't realize that until I saw the option for it in a random food delivery menu.

I was made fun of as a kid when I would do it around family lol. They thought it was weird as hell. It's cool to see some food joints like Sheetz offer it as an option.

Another one

I can't spell it. I just knew how to order it

Colawizened

German beer mixed with Coke.

This was the first beer I had when I got stationed in Germany and man... That shit was yummy.

ReAxion

mustard on Mac n cheese and potatoes. Hell i put it on almost anything.

Another thing would be aspartame and milk which apparently no one else i know ever thought about trying :S

alton brown's baked mac n cheese has a tablespoon of mustard powder in it and it's wonderful.

somewhat related: milk + 7up is a thing in india

Phu

Banned
I open bananas along the side instead of peeling them and then break the inner part in two. That way I don't have to deal with the peel draping over my hand and I can put the banana down if I want and it'll still be inside the peel.

I'm always 'the first person I've ever seen do that' to other people.

I used to dip Ruffles into cake frosting when I was younger and it was delicious.

My younger self discovered the beauty of sweet and salty early on, but I think people definitely saw it as weird.

Elandyll

Banned
Beer + 7up or Beer + Peach syrup = awesome

Mayo to dip fries

I don't mind having fish or shrimps served with heads/ eyes still on

Escargot + butter garlic parsley sauce is great (mostly the bread dipping part)

Frog legs are great but a pain for so little meat

My fav salad, alongside croutons and lardons (thinly sliced bacon bits), has a poached egg on top (some are weirded out by the yoke breaking on the lettuce, but it's meant to toss and mix with the vinaigrette)

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
I put syrup on omelettes at times. I like the way the flavors mix. I still get commentary though, even when I explain it to whomever I'm with.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hot sauce on everything- not that weird.
Balsamic vinegar on vanilla ice cream. Unusual but not unheard of.

I still recoil from a slice of American cheese on apple pie. Mostly because it is a worthless cheese. It doesn't taste of anything you morons.

I eat potato chips by crushing it in a bag, dump it in a bowl, then proceed to eat it with a spoon. At parties where there are no bowls I use a cup.

EYEL1NER

• Put ketchup on my french toast.
  • Friends freak out.
  • I ask them if ketchup on eggs is gross. they say no.
  • I point out that french toast is just bread dipped in eggs.
  • They still think it's gross.
  • I point out that they are morons.
Depending on where you live, French Toast can be plain or sweet. Every French Toast I've ever seen or had in the US has cinnamon and sugar on it and is eaten with syrup as a topping. Ketchup on that would seem weird to a lot of people here.

• Put ketchup on my french toast.
  • Friends freak out.
  • I ask them if ketchup on eggs is gross. they say no.
  • I point out that french toast is just bread dipped in eggs.
  • They still think it's gross.
  • I point out that they are morons.

You're right; your friends are morons... because ketchup is gross on both French toast and eggs. Maple syrup is an acceptable condiment for the former; hot sauce for the latter.

jvm

Gamasutra.
My family takes issue with the way I eat corn on the cob. Rather than just bite into the kernels, I pry them off with my teeth, row by row. The result is a very naked cob, which apparently is just Wrong™.
OMG. This is me! So glad I'm not the only one. Like a typewriter, line by line!

Everyone else is weird, BTW. We're normal.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Nowhere near weird but I like to consume my food as insanely hot as humanly possible. Like right off the fire/grill/oven/stove. It doesn't burn my mouth/tongue, ever. Also go waaaaay overboard with spicy food. There have been times where people had to physically vacate my kitchen due to coughing cause of the amount of red chili/spices I used.

I eat my food in order from least likely to be tasty to most likely. I rarely mix them.

I don't think it's weird, but my partner calls me out on it everytime.

I remembered another one. I put sugar in my grits, I learned that from a friend who grow up in southern VA. Ironically, I am now living in southern VA lol.

Top Bottom