• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shooting at GOP baseball practice, multiple injured incl/ Maj. Whip Scalise

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MSNBC says he and an aide have been brought to the hospital. Scalise was shot in the hip. 14 to 50 shots from a rifle.

Beartruck

In our current Intensely polarized political climate this shit was bound to happen sooner or later, unfortunately.

Hope he recovers, and hopefully it is just injuries and no fatalities.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
CBS has live footage of what appears to be a congressman being loaded onto a medical chopper. Reporter obviously recognized him but held back name.

I'm not familiar with Steve's voting history but this incident is not shocking to me. Desperate people execute desperate actions. The situation is unfortunate.

If this is a random, non targeted attack then it is just very untimely.

Scalise is very pro-gun, and has also given speeches at an organization founded by David fucking Duke.

I'm gonna hold my tongue here.

I really want to know how the GOP will respond to this shooting especially if it is confirmed not to be targeted.

Do you talk about gun laws? I'm willing to bet they will say the "radical Left" orchestrated this attack.

50 shots, I don't think it was an accident.

Agreed, 50 doesn't sound like an accident at all.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I really want to know how the GOP will respond to this shooting especially if it is confirmed not to be targeted.

Do you talk about gun laws? I'm willing to bet they will say the "radical Left" orchestrated this attack.

Crisis actors!

newjeruse

Such an idiotic thing to do, even aside from the part where you shouldn't try to kill people.

If the shooter was politically motivated, this will only provide sympathy for the GOP.

Tovarisc

Agreed, 50 doesn't sound like an accident at all.

Also if reports about AR with long to mid range scope are accurate it means this was targeted and somewhat well planned.

Zolo

I expect there will be more attacks on congress members and the press with the current environment in the nation. Especially if their healthcare bill gets passed through. It'll be smart for members to get more security anyway. Hopefully, this doesn't lead to trying to blame & cracking down on negative press. Hope all the victims here pull through this.

Top Bottom