• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shooting at GOP baseball practice, multiple injured incl/ Maj. Whip Scalise

Ajax125

Banned
Such an idiotic thing to do, even aside from the part where you shouldn't try to kill people.

If the shooter was politically motivated, this will only provide sympathy for the GOP.

It's a shame it won't make them stop and think about gun rights and how easy it is to obtain and use one.

95% chance this ends up being used as a way to attack dems...... 95% trump will tweet this

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea who this guy is but if it was a targeted attack that's unfortunate but it won't be the last. It's what we're coming to.

coming to? Americas ludicrous attitude to guns has allowed this to be the norm for 50 years.

Skoen

Don´t show sympathy for people who don´t deserve it and wouldn´t have shown any for you in any given situation.

Good Riddance! Karma etc etc..

newjeruse

Don´t show sympathy for people who don´t deserve it and wouldn´t have shown any for you in any given situation.

This exact sentiment can be flipped and used to support any of the GOP's racist, un-humanitarian policies.

If I'd be literally sentenced to death by those rich GOP people by getting kicked out of my health care, I'd probably do the same.

It's unfortunate, but you reap what you saw in these times.

if you have to announce in the thread you have to hold your tongue, just go ahead and say you're happy the dude and the cops got shot.

Diablos

Washington better start doing something otherwise this country is heading toward Civil War II,
The ironic thing is that Scalise is one of the last people who would ever want to do anything to combat gun violence in the US. Not that it justifies him being shot.

It's another sad day for our country, I hope no one is dead.

I'm much more concerned about the political ramifications than Scalise.

First damn words out of his mouth will be about gun expansion.

JoeBoy101

Shew, didn't take long in this thread.

Anyways, hope nobody was seriously injured and glad they got the shooter in custody. Hoping their's no political motivations, though I doubt it given where it happened.

Tovarisc

fFooPW9.png

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874964502093156352

----

Also people for fucks sake, chill out on those cheapshots about health care.

May well be saying the same to you soon if you post obnoxious statements like this.

Hope everyone involved survives. This isn't the way to register discontent.

grimmiq

If anything i would hope that this would be a wake up call for some gun regulations.

No, they'll say they were at baseball practice and left their guns at home, if only they had them with them they'd have been able to shoot every one of those bullets out of the air.

This will solve nothing, hopefully all wounded will pull through.

Mohonky

Jesus GAF stay classy.
I think a fair number of people are a combination of desensitized or in a state of indifferent disbelief on hearing about gun violence in the US by now, added to which the victims here are usually the ones screaming for the defense of or trying to enact for more gun rights its not too shocking that at some point it might come back to haunt you..

Top Bottom