• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Splatoon 2 include the original game's campaign?

the original Bayonetta wasn't on Nintendo hardware so that's a bit different

it's the reason why people bitched (rightfully so) that Wii U got Mass Effect 3 and not the trilogy because the first two games weren't available on Nintendo hardware

And Mass Effect 3 for Wii U was more expensive than the Trilogy release on both PS3 and X360. Don't forget about that :)

Dr. Worm

Banned
I wonder how many people would shit on Splatoon 2's graphics using screenshots from the first game's campaign port to back up their claims.

Is the original Splatoon worth purchasing at this point? I have the opportunity to grab one for $15. Mainly I'm thinking about the online community activity right now.

Is the original Splatoon worth purchasing at this point? I have the opportunity to grab one for $15. Mainly I'm thinking about the online community activity right now.

For $15 you'll get a fun 3-5 hour single player game with an incredible final boss and you'll have no problem finding games online albeit with mostly Japanese players. I played a few weeks ago and had no issue. I'm sure the 2 beta test got some people thirsty so they'll be on there.

I'd say it's worth $15 for sure.

Fireblend

Banned

The single player campaign alone is definitely worth $15. That aside, I believe the community is well and alive.

RRockman

Banned

At 15? Go for it dude. Just don't get too comfortable with a particular weapon sub combo, since that's gonna get shaken up for splatoon 2.

For $15 absolutely. It's still very easy to find a game.

Splatoon 2 replaces all of the specials and the maps that will come back changed so there's definitely merit to putting in some time in the original multiplayer.

Would be awesome if it was included. However, so long as we get a new, full, competent single player campaign, I won't mind that the first one isn't there.

the community is fine.

For $15 you'll get a fun 3-5 hour single player game with an incredible final boss and you'll have no problem finding games online albeit with mostly Japanese players. I played a few weeks ago and had no issue. I'm sure the 2 beta test got some people thirsty so they'll be on there.

I'd say it's worth $15 for sure.

The single player campaign alone is definitely worth $15. That aside, I believe the community is well and alive.

At 15? Go for it dude. Just don't get too comfortable with a particular weapon sub combo, since that's gonna get shaken up for splatoon 2.

Yes! Just played last night and it still takes mere seconds to get a match.

For $15 absolutely. It's still very easy to find a game.

Splatoon 2 replaces all of the specials and the maps that will come back changed so there's definitely merit to putting in some time in the original multiplayer.

Damn I weren't expecting all these replies lol. Thanks everyone, I'm getting it after work today.

Also, is this a game where I can have a local PVP match? I'd like my son and I to be able to play against each other( or maybe even team up and play bots).

MoonFrog

I was thinking of trying Splatoon this time around, but with the paid online I probably won't. Still, I've always been curious about the first game's campaign, so that'd have been a plus.

Kinokou

It sounds like some people commenting are over estimating the size of the campaign.

If the Splatoon 2 campaign isn't a platformer I say bring it over as it will be a different kind of content.

For people worried about the lore not fitting just do a Pokémon and say that there is a time capsule involved.

Also people love that last boss for some reason so why not give the people what they love already? Plenty of people buy the same games again any way so I'm sure it is financially defendable to make it available.

Top Bottom