• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

show me the absolute WORST character design you can think of

maxresdefault.jpg

That is all

Jcnet

Banned
url]

Very poor design, small mouth makes it inefficient for eating/ gaining health and energy. Lacks muscle mass so not really an offensive character, hands also make ladder usage or picking up items very difficult.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Pick one:

d2YYopY.png

dC7p0lR.png

6HFsZEM.jpg

Sorry to drag whoever posted these in the BEST character design thread but this is some prepubescent edgelord trash right here

RootCause

Not only is Quiet the worst design ever. It's the worst character in video game history. Just terrible through, and through.

vocab

Most of nomuras designs, every design for star ocean 4-5, Quiet( I personally don't like her face more so than the dumb outfit), Sara Ryder, that ugly Xenoblade Chronicle X character.

Mandoric

Banned
Holy shit, how have I never noticed this? I guess it doesn't show as clearly in-game, thankfully. That is beyond fucked up.

When it doesn't show clearly is when it's fucked up, though? The render looks like hip boots in FF9's overblown accessory vein (see Zidane cuffs, Vivi/Freya hats, etc) over cutesy pink pants, it's ingame where the 240p lack of detail obscures the lack of detail which makes it clean.

Ironically, a fly would have made this more obvious in render but looked really really bad ingame.

Almond

already mentioned, but yeah...

lost_odyssey___ming_numara_default_by_bringess-dash75m.png

Ming from Lost Odyssey

I just read through the whole thread and

This is the worst of the bunch.

They actually made it so that you can see the veins in her tits. That alone makes it the worst. Not even Quiet went that far.

I actually quite like that you can see the veins on her breasts and thighs. It's a really interesting little detail you don't really see in game models. I don't see what's wrong with it.

Her outfit isn't that great though. It's lacking a little more detail IMO.

Manu

There's nothing wrong about DmC Dante that wasn't wrong with OG Dante. One's just Japan's idea of tryhard edgy while the other is the same thing but American.

I actually quite like that you can see the veins on her breasts and thighs. It's a really interesting little detail you don't really see in game models. Her outfit isn't that great though. It's lacking a little more detail IMO.

It's a really weird thing to focus on, especially when the rest of her model doesn't have any realistic materials or shaders.

She looks like a cartoon character who has veiny tits for some reason.

I'll give you Necali and FANG, but if Tracer is legitimately one of the worst character designs you've ever seen you need to lower your goddamn standards dude...
Not ever, I said right there in my post I'm just calling from the last year of stuff. It's all relative I suppose but in a game where Soldier 76 is designed to come off as generic as possible, Tracer somehow managed to have barely a notable characteristic, and yet she's somehow plastered all over the damn place.

Flipyap

Triss from The Witcher 1 and 3 (DLC costume).
Only mildly cringeworthy and tacky on their own. Pretty close to offensive in context of a character whose history of trauma-related insecurities was erased because the developers felt that they had a boob quota to fill.
Not allowing her to keep even the slightest scar is also questionable when the devs were OK with having a male protagonist with a chest that looks like he crawled out of a blender.

I thought she was fine but why the fuck didn't she ever craft a leather or fur coat given that she's always seen freezing in cutscenes and she kills and skins plenty of wild animals.

Oh yeah. Boobs.
Special shout-out to Ciri's "winter clothes."
She breathes through the boob window.

These guys with the eyes in their mouths.

EliteFace.jpg

They ruined Elites in Halo.
They also have molars which they literally cannot use to grind anything. Fucking teeth, how do they work?!

Flipyap

743px-Codex_pinky.bimage.png

These are all terrible. Doom Kids™.
The part I don't get about the Pinky design is why they gave it such huge claws, they look like its primary weapons when the monster is all about that all-mouth-all-the-time lifestyle. They should have given it t-rex arms to emphasize what you're actually supposed to be looking out for.

Profile shots of the OG Pinky are among my favorite dumb things in video games.

27871.png

(man, that demon had a great ass)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Man I don't think you guys are diving deep enough. I don't know where to find better pics but Omikron has to trump most anything posted in this thread with half its characters.

kIxvWvC.jpg

None of these are bad designs, they're just victims of the tech of the time.

jackal27

Banned
Alternate costumes and mismatched armor sets. Even then I find them more cohesive and the human designs themselves more appealing. This new anime sword-girl look is hot garbage and the only appealing aspects of it are generic as hell.

Top Bottom