• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

show me the absolute WORST character design you can think of

Mokujin

latest

So proud this is the first reply.

The entire point of the character is literally to be as annoying as possible. That's what the heck.
You can look decent and still be as annoying as possible. See: Rosh Penin.

Also this character:
latest

Raven is my second favorite hero next to Batman. But her face here is just...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Velvet Crowe from Tales of Berseria
qzjvRYP.png
Great design ruined by a terrible costume... so yeah, bad design I guess. All of her other costumes make her 1000000000x better.

PSqueak

Banned
Nah, they took it too far. I mean, compare these:

With this:

Again: Taken to humorous Levels.

Hell there seems to be a bigger hand to head ratio with Reinhardt there, there is a reason why Reindhart's un helmeted skins use a head bigger than the one with the helmet.

Of all the reasons to shit on Battleborn, very valid reasons, Montana always seemed to be the one to make the least sense to me.

i mean, look at this guy, still from battleborn:

You seriously, SERIOUSLY, are telling me Montana is worse than this polygon barf?

He is so misshapen and over the place that i dare you to find him in the picture with all the Battleborn characters that was posted earlier in this thread, it's harder than you'd think because he lacks a distinctive shape he looks like the background.

The reason people shit on montana is because he's the iconic battleborn character and shitting on battleborn seems to be something all the cool kids enjoy.

Because the designer knew their mythology and art history. ;)
Diana/Artemis of Ephesus (1st century AD):

Villa d'Este Diana Fountain (16th century):

Peter Paul Rubens (early 17th century):

Diana wasn't just the goddess of the hunt but also of nature and fertility. ;)

When reality surpasses fantasy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Because the designer knew their mythology and art history. ;)
Diana/Artemis of Ephesus (1st century AD):

Villa d'Este Diana Fountain (16th century):

Peter Paul Rubens (early 17th century):

Diana wasn't just the goddess of the hunt but also of nature and fertility. ;)

People look at designs without knowing their backgrounds.

And it's strange that people are post SMT demons in here considering that the designs tie symbolically to the real life mythology.

Nikodemos

Wevz9V9.png

FFTA2 dude

It's just random stuff glued together

This.

I mean, pandering is pandering. It's a different kettle of fish.

But that melange of awful above manages to transcend bad design into a class of its own. The pizza cutter, the hideous funnel boots, the pizza satchel, the bucklers on his elbows, his chimney trousers... Yergh.

proto

F.A.N.G, from Street Fighter V. Just look at him.

pbVzHm7.jpg

Tracer, from Overwatch. A character so utterly by the numbers that the only things memorable about her are the controversy over her ass, and the catchphrase that you couldn't avoid if you saw their marketing at all.

Oh!

F.A.N.G might be the winner so far. A lot of the character designs here are awful because they're so overly adorned with random shit that it just breaks all cohesion with the character. I mean, there's a lot of room for error if you have that many elements to your outfit.

F.A.N.G, however, manages to be just awful despite his minimalistic design. He's like a stretched out purple Chinese stereotype.

Mandoric

Banned
Japanese female character design: the thread. If most Japanese devs would try designing their females as actual people instead of fuck toys to be stared at by pervs their designs would be more likeable and relatable. Ironically I think Terra from FFVI is probably my most beloved female character design of all time, tasteful and beautiful with an underlying sense of tragedy and sadness chased with divine power to her, but it just seems like Japanese female character design has regressed heavily since the 90's.

You mean the battle cocktail dress with tights, that lost the tights and turned into a bikini when it got sprited? (Probably an improvement, Amano's design would ride all the way up to her belly button in around the first ten seconds of a fight.) The one whose special attack leaves her naked and glowing?

Your tolerance for "I'm supposed to like this, and also like it" has declined since reaching adulthood. Doesn't make the new stuff good, but also sure doesn't make the old stuff any better.

7Th

The entire cast of Injustice; probably the ugliest possible incarnations of iconic and beloved characters.

Injustice_1280-1420845815313.jpg

Ritzboof

blazblues very own makoto squirrelfuck

1415374-makotofight.jpg

her stupid battle outfit is fucking disgusting and there arent a lot of things i hate more on this earth than it. damn it to hell, it makes no fucking sense, and even her little weapons look like a child came up with them

Top Bottom