• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Not as fancy as a lot of these, but I'm quite proud of how my tablet looks.

k4MeW5Z.jpg

My new phone is coming in today. Can't wait to pimp it up.

Allforce

Been dicking around a bit with my phone, made this earlier today and got it functioning pretty well. Nothing fancy but I like it for now. Everything is pretty much in the App Drawer at this point which pops up with a swipe up or down. Double tap shows/hides the status bar.

Chinner

Banned
recently got an android phone for the first time. no idea how you guys are pulling this shit off but it looks amazing.
tipz? not sure how to organise the games and stuff.

ssLauncher (Glossy Metro Theme), One More Clock, BeWeather, AppDrawer (MIUI App Drawer).

On the second screen there's Tagy widgets (the more the app shortcut is pressed the bigger it becomes, which is why some appear bigger than others), Popup widget: The shortcuts actually pop up the widgets when pressed (they didnt show up on the screenshot) The rest of my screens pretty much follow this layout. I still have some tinkering to do... oh the wallpaper is just xperia stock at the moment

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
UCCW Widgets
Some random fonts and icons I found.

Largely my creation

Magic Fluids as my live wallpaper in the background.

uMKsaGA.png
wG45j3r.png

3phemeral

Cross posting from the App thread:

It's very powerful and you can do loads of things with it. Flip side is that it's very powerful and almost incomprehensible. Best thing I've done is a transparent rectangle... :p

UCCW is very powerfull.... but its also terrible. Building stuff from scratch sucks big time. I spent like an 1hr working on it and only managed to make like a crappy weather widget that barely worked.

Well, I wanted to try it for the heck of it to see how it works and I must say, it's not that bad. I saw something on MyColorScreen that had a ridiculous background, so I modeled the wallpaper after that and wanted to see how flexible it was at modifying widgets to fit awkward spaces and came up with this:

Don't judge me on the icon styles :) I just wanted to whip something up quickly and didn't know what to use for their styling. I still haven't decided whether or not I wanted to use the white space between the ribbons for something (or the two yellow ribbons that have nothing on them). Didn't realize how useful UCCW was until someone mentioned it in the app thread.

I'm pretty happy with how relatively easy it was to come up with this (the main time-consuming aspect was figuring out where to put things/organize app shortcuts), but that was due to just making up a background and forcing myself to use UCCW to fit into each space. I imagine it will be much easier to come up with something actually designed around how I want the apps to be used.

Just starting to play with this.

5RNSHKK.jpeg

lock screen

(yes the bottom right is wearing bikini bottoms lol)

front page

Blxjkja.png

nova launcher
random created wallpaper
onata sans font
glass widgets

galaxy note 2 with 240dpi mod.

-PXG-

Dat lack of reading comprehension *sigh*

What in the world are you talking about?

Are you asking how some of us have achieved our layouts and such?

I'm rooted. Running CM 10.1 (modded kernel, radio, schedulers, ect) and Apex Launcher Pro. Hid the notification bar and the dock so all there is are the icons on the home screen. I access apps and other things with gesture swipes.

What in the world are you talking about?

Are you asking how some of us have achieved our layouts and such?

I'm rooted. Running CM 10.1 (modded kernel, radio, schedulers, ect) and Apex Launcher Pro. Hid the notification bar and the dock so all there is are the icons on the home screen. I access apps and other things with gesture swipes.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, and thanks. A lot of us are new to android and see how we can make our screens look this nice is very helpful.

3phemeral

That's exactly what I'm talking about, and thanks. A lot of us are new to android and see how we can make our screens look this nice is very helpful.

You don't need to be rooted to use UCCW. Most of these screens are nice wallpapers with icons organized around them. For semi-fancier setups, try desktop visualizer. It's similar to uccw but I honestly think it's more complicated.

Here's my method:

1) Take a screenshot of your phone while it's showing the grid of where your icons are laid out (the one that appears when you're dragging icons around)
2) Transfer it to a computer where you can edit it in photoshop/gimp/paint.net using the aforementioned grid as a reference for icon alignment.
3) Overlay the wallpaper you want with the screenshot you just took, which allows you to crop/customize the size of the wallpaper to match where your icons will naturally go.
4) Customize your wallpaper to your heart's content to get the effect you want and then transfer it back to your phone.
5) Use MultiPicture live wallpaper to select your custom wallpaper, then select the option "fit to screen" to that your image isn't cropped and matches your original design format.
6) Place your app icons where you wanted to when you originally designed the wallpaper.​

Anything else like icon packs and etc are really up to you as there are tons of them and it takes some time finding a solution that matches the motif. I do, however, recommend ThemeX, which can extract icon packs made specifically for launchers and allows you to save them as individual images that can be accessed by any program to modify your app icons. The only problem is finding an icon pack that produces themed icons for every app you have.

You could also go the MinimalisticText route (which was beautifully overhauled to be easier to understand and make text-based app icons) instead of picture icons.

PhaZZe

Banned
WOW amazing.
Where can learn about custom android?
Im not sure if i can do that with my Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT-S7500)

Allforce

More of a work in progress, I can never live with one layout for more than a few months it seems. But they all seem to be a variation on the 4 most necessary apps.

I took the photo with the GS3 from the Willis Tower in Chicago last month, thought it came out well.

LogicStep

Just starting to play with this.

http://www.imgur.com/5RNSHKK.jpeg[img]

lock screen

(yes the bottom right is wearing bikini bottoms lol)

front page

[img]http://www.imgur.com/Blxjkja.png[img]

nova launcher
random created wallpaper
onata sans font
glass widgets

galaxy note 2 with 240dpi mod.[/QUOTE]
So what are the names of each one?

r1chard

Is anyone aware of an alternative to Widgetsoid that works with the latest Google music player? The play/pause buttons don't work :-(

The Widgetsoid widget is the row of controls in the middle.

rM0GG1T.png

My customisations ain't the prettiest but it works for me :)

Is anyone aware of an alternative to Widgetsoid that works with the latest Google music player? The play/pause buttons don't work :-(

The Widgetsoid widget is the row of controls in the middle.

rM0GG1T.png

My customisations ain't the prettiest but it works for me :)

How did you accomplish that clock and weather?

Top Bottom