• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

Kikarian

SwCOKos.png

Minimalism.

This is what I've got at the moment but I was wondering if any of you guys know a good app for making icons that would kind of fit in to that style, because currently I'm just scrolling to the shame page (which is just a horrible wall of icons) and I don't want any more of those rectangles on the left.

.GqueB.

Banned
Didn't realize it was so easy to take screenshots with the ONE. Here's my setup:

Those two buttons on the home screen go to the blinkfeed. I might be the only person that actually loves that interface. I even opted out of the widget locker setup and used the default lock screen.

BM89y3PCcAAC5w3.png

Used Apex Launcher and downloaded a nice square themed wallpaper with Kub Icon Pack and elegante clock widget theme. Manage to hide the notification bar and text to make it simple and sleek.

Okay. I went off the deep end after getting my GS4 last week.

Two months of designing, looking for inspiration and tweaking (a lot of tweaking) has led me to this; a homescreen that is clean, colorful, personal and informative all while fitting with Google's design language. I love it.

Wallpaper: custom (made with Pixelmator on Mac)
Icons: Goolors and Minimal UI, Tiny Black for dock functions
Widgets: Date, Alarm and Weather is a custom made 4x1 UCCW widget... my Verge/Polygon RSS feed is Simple RSS Widget

9109526938_06eb52d723_b.jpg

Mikeside

Pretty happy with my new theme - minimalist and simple.

Wallpaper is from the Capy Games website (I forget exactly where) and the icons are Square MinimaCons.

Pure Messenger widget is also on there showing my texts.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Got my first Android phone 2 days ago, here's what I've managed to accomplish:

This I have a little request about:

I really dig the stock alarm clock widget, but I'd like to get it without a background. Anyone have an idea with what widget/app I could get what I want?

Also, I can't seem to be able to buy Nova Launcher Prime for some reason. Always gives me an error when I try to pay it.

JMizzlin

Hey guys, got a Galaxy s4 nearly a month ago and want to customize it to be minimalistic and sleek.

I was following this tutorial on how to get the Holo Cards look, however got horribly screwed up along the way and am not sure it's salvageable, purely because I don't know what I'm doing.

However I did buy the Minimal MIUI GO Apex Theme so as to enable this look so I'm hoping I could find another cool theme that uses it that I can replicate.

Is there a database anywhere with such looks or can anyone who uses the Minimal MIUI GO Apex Theme help me out?

Thanks! (Apologies for being hopeless)

I'm an idiot, it's an app appearance pack. I can definitely still use this. Ignore me!

I spent time this weekend re-thinking my home screen design.

Rather than jam a ton of apps, RSS feeds and informational widgets on my home screen, I pared down to the basics. I realized there are only three or four apps I used daily and they are all core functions of the phone.

I use Nova Prime as my launcher and configured the first page of my App Drawer to be my most-used and favorites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Swiping up on the ^ also pulls up Google Now.

The wallpaper is a picture of Raleigh I found on Flickr, the icons are "Tiny Whites" by SammyCakes and the clock widget is Zooper Pro.

9538685530_62bf5f8dfa_b.jpg

Groof

Looks absolutely brilliant man. Simple and clean, just the way I like it.

While this thread is up again I figured I'd post my latest setup as well. I used to have it like FunnyBunny's, but I felt like playing around with it a bit.
It's based on Holo UI rev 2 on MyColorScreen with a couple of changes to make make it simpler. Also UCCW caused major lag spikes from time to time so I exchanged that for some Minimalistic Text.

Using Apex Pro with Shaded Icons. Can't remember where I got the image from, but I have it around if somebody wants it.

Might as well post mine seeing as this thread was bumped. I usually like minimalistic but decided to switch it up a little. Pinch in goes to apps, swipe up goes to settings and swipe down to access notification.

Edit: I give up with this stupid imgur app. Never works.

Edit 2: fucking finally.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Rather than jam a ton of apps, RSS feeds and informational widgets on my home screen, I pared down to the basics. I realized there are only three or four apps I used daily and they are all core functions of the phone.

I use Nova Prime as my launcher and configured the first page of my App Drawer to be my most-used and favorites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Swiping up on the ^ also pulls up Google Now.

The wallpaper is a picture of Raleigh I found on Flickr, the icons are "Tiny Whites" by SammyCakes and the clock widget is Zooper Pro.

Very, very nice.

-PXG-

New setup

T4GVSeb.jpg

iazpg0H.jpg

WidgetLocker has a feature where you can embed apps on a page on the left. Camera is dedicated to the page on the right. The lock screen is in the middle

FrjuWcA.jpg

PMfA6xn.jpg

I use Team Battery Bar for my battery indicator.

Groof

I got bored of my previous layout and went back to a simpler one, but with icons still on screen. Icons are Nox, which I can't get enough of. Wallpaper is from the Stark icon pack, clock and text are Minimalistic Text. Dock icons are Tiny White Icons.

Cipherr

Exquisite.

vdlow

I got bored of my previous layout and went back to a simpler one, but with icons still on screen. Icons are Nox, which I can't get enough of. Wallpaper is from the Stark icon pack, clock and text are Minimalistic Text. Dock icons are Tiny White Icons.

You are still using Apex, right? What grid size are you using? I think I'll copy some things from your homescreen, it's so beautiful.

Groof

You are still using Apex, right? What grid size are you using? I think I'll copy some things from your homescreen, it's so beautiful.

Thanks! Yeah I'm using Apex Pro at a 6x7 grid with a large horizontal margin. The dock is a 7 row dock to make the icons much closer to each other.
Also swipe up for app drawer.

Sulla1980

Thanks! Yeah I'm using Apex Pro at a 6x7 grid with a large horizontal margin. The dock is a 7 row dock to make the icons much closer to each other.

Is having dock icons that are different from the other icons a feature of Apex Launcher?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I don't see a way to achieve the same results with Nova.

Great work, but the way!

Groof

Is having dock icons that are different from the other icons a feature of Apex Launcher?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I don't see a way to achieve the same results with Nova.

Great work, but the way!

No you can do the same in Nova. You'll just have to change the icons of the apps individually. So long press app -> press the icon -> choose icon pack/image/whatever and you're set.
Thanks! :)

Sulla1980

No you can do the same in Nova. You'll just have to change the icons of the apps individually. So long press app -> press the icon -> choose icon pack/image/whatever and you're set.
Thanks! :)

Oh no. I am going to spend so much time tweaking my icons now. You have opened my eyes.

Thanks for your help!
Code:

vdlow

Thanks! Now I just need to finally buy Nox, which I should've done when it released.

Top Bottom