• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

HEY GUYS LOOK AT PICTURES OF MY VIDEO GAMES

This is a picture I took when I got my TV a few months ago. It reminds me to go play Puzzle Fighter some more. Thanks, setupdec07-1.jpg!

7yp74fo.jpg

These are pictures I just took. Included for your viewing pleasure is a pause screen of me being dead in Half-Life 2. Poor me :(

85c2x6a.jpg

Aww, it's Dewy! Phoenix Wright would sit upon my DS but alas, Capcom doesn't have any. Actually, I think they have the pre-order bonus. It's the game - their game which supposedly they developed and ostensibly would have the most copies of - that is the trouble.

6qc1axl.jpg

Here's a bunch of games. See: how much money did you spend this year thread.

87a4hi1.jpg

Kadey said:
Everything looks nice except the floors. Basement?

I've never seen a basement with high ceilings and a second floor....

That loft is beautiful, but with such a huge open space how does sound from your HT reflect throughout the place?

I was pretty close on buying a loft, but was worried about wide open space for sound. Opted to buy a condo instead.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
[PA]StormShadow said:
ASTRO Gaming is less than three weeks away from shipping the A40 Audio System on Dec 17th. (I've dropped a couple of hints in some of the shots of my place--but if you'd like to see it fo' reals, it's at: http://www.astrogaming.com/product). It's been a long, tough road, but I hope to see my own product in some of these gaming setup pictures soon! :)

Sweet Jesus! Those look fantastic. Good thing I'm in the market for new gaming headphones.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Giant Robot said:
I've never seen a basement with high ceilings and a second floor....

That loft is beautiful, but with such a huge open space how does sound from your HT reflect throughout the place?

I was pretty close on buying a loft, but was worried about wide open space for sound. Opted to buy a condo instead.

Because the second floor could have been the first floor? There's plenty of homes around here with high ceiling basements. My father's friend has a fully loaded gym in his basement. You can do 20 feet high backflips down there if you wanted.

Leshita said:
Just looked up on the price of that, looks like I won't be getting one anytime soon. :lol
Knock-off maybe... maybe.
FWIW I'm told it's pretty much the best chair you'll ever sit in. Thinking about buying one for myself in 2008...

Yeah, that chair *is* comfy... I was sick all weekend and my lazy ass occupied it the entire time without complaint.

I was lucky (in a twisted way) to move to San Francisco on Sept. 10, 2001, literally the day before the entire internet bubble burst. In the months following that event you couldn't pay more than $300 for a brand new Aeron on Craigslist even if you wanted to. All of the internet startups bought those things. I got all of my server racks the same way -- bankruptcy auctions. Got em both for $20. I added up all the stuff they came with in the Middle Atlantic catalog and stopped when I got to six grand. Geesh.

Gary, excellent column this month in PCG, as usual. Why aren't you on the masthead as a contributor? (I guess I'm just bitter for not being on the masthead when I was contributing regularly)... :)

I'm too busy/lazy to go downstairs and take pictures my actual gaming area, but this is it for the next two weeks. Study, study, study, bit of 360, study, study, study.

My other area has the 60" grand wega, PS3, Wii, PS2 and 5.1 etc... Modded 360 gets more love than the PS3 currently. :p If I find a picture of my basement I'll post it.

setup2.jpg

Edit found some old pictures of the basement, this was before even owning the 360. (Which normally resides on the left speaker, in vert position). Also ignore the cheasy captions, and I never got around to building that mame cabinet last summer :(

Basement1.jpg

Basement2.jpg

Basement3Mame.jpg

Kadey said:
Because the second floor could have been the first floor? There's plenty of homes around here with high ceiling basements. My father's friend has a fully loaded gym in his basement. You can do 20 feet high backflips down there if you wanted.

Ha, no... I don't live in a basement, Kadey. It's just a sealed/treated cement floor like most lofts in the Bay Area have.

And Christ Almighty does the "room" sound good. It's like a cathedral (speaking of sweet baby Jeebus). Great for movies, and insanely sweet for music, since it is set up squarely on the long axis of the space. The shower/bedroom is set back in the extreme opposite corner on the 2nd floor and it's like the home theater system is right there with me in the bathroom, even when played at a very reasonable level.

I have an old 18" Definitive Technology subwoofer that produces staggeringly low bass, and the sheer size of the loft lets it make those long wavelengths it needs to go that low. My last place was good to maybe 30Hz, but she can go well below audible range here.

In other words, I can break my lease whenever I'd like.

andrewfee said:
Is that an arcade stick made out of a shoe box!?
Yeap lol. My friends kept bugging me to use it. Lets just say they got sick of playing alone almost as fast as it took for the joystick to destroy the shoebox. And it was a temporary solution, this is what it looks like now. Also snapped a recent basement photo.

Mamerecent.jpg

Basementrecent.jpg

GFord

Pssst...Please...We all know the only reason StormShadow broke out with new picture's of his place is because he's (like the rest of us) jealous of Riverbed's setup...

DSC00146.jpg

...with those high ceiling's, just imagine his Spiderman style speakers.

JB1981

GFord said:
Pssst...Please...We all know the only reason StormShadow broke out with new picture's of his place is because he's (like the rest of us) jealous of Riverbed's setup...

DSC00146.jpg

:lol

Flek

Banned
Klaxon said:
Dunno why, but I could see from your pics that your are from Germany.

Best thing is that I had this feeling before when someone else posted his setup and I was right.

the "tempo tissues" are giving you the informations :lol

Pakman

GFord said:

DSC00146.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
I can't stop laughing at that speaker set-up. It's....... creative I suppose.

GFord said:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa188/shmookins/DSC00146.jpg[IMG]

...with those high ceiling's, just imagine his Spiderman style speakers.[/QUOTE]I have never seen any speaker setup like that in my life, that is freaking hilarious.

And is that a GW: Nightfall poster. If so, then one of us! One of us! One of us!

Enron

Banned
[PA]StormShadow said:
Yeah, that chair *is* comfy... I was sick all weekend and my lazy ass occupied it the entire time without complaint.

I was lucky (in a twisted way) to move to San Francisco on Sept. 10, 2001, literally the day before the entire internet bubble burst. In the months following that event you couldn't pay more than $300 for a brand new Aeron on Craigslist even if you wanted to. All of the internet startups bought those things. I got all of my server racks the same way -- bankruptcy auctions. Got em both for $20. I added up all the stuff they came with in the Middle Atlantic catalog and stopped when I got to six grand. Geesh.

Gary, excellent column this month in PCG, as usual. Why aren't you on the masthead as a contributor? (I guess I'm just bitter for not being on the masthead when I was contributing regularly)... :)

You can find Herman Miller Aerons on Craigslist for 400 bucks or so all the time nowadays. That's how I got mine earlier this year, and I freaking love it. 400 bucks was sweet too..that might seem too much for a chair, but you gotta think. Most of us spend tons of time at the computer. Why not spend the dough to not kill your back/ass? Also, you go stroll into any office supply store and a decently comfortable shitty chair (they are all shitty chairs) will run you 200-250 easy. Add in a hundered or two more, and you can have awesomeness.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Adam's got the liquor right below the games. He knows where it's at.

I don't know if I've posted new photos of my set up, but it hasn't changed in a while, so I won't bother.

NickP786

This thread is both informative and depressing at the same time for me lol. It's given me some great ideas on putting together an entertainment system once I get a good amount of money together. The family's getting a 46 inch samsung pretty soon, so ill post my setup and that one (cause we all know i'll be making good use of that)

MaX_PL

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
FWIW I'm told it's pretty much the best chair you'll ever sit in. Thinking about buying one for myself in 2008...

eh thats all hype really. my housemate has one, his dad ordered him one for school since he's a millionaire lawyer, and its comfortable but not anything special. its still just a chair.

recently though, when studying for one of my courses, i read that herman miller designed his chairs so workers in offices felt more comfortable and experienced less stress from sitting at their desk. maybe its got some magic, but i dont notice it.

its like 900 dollars for the chair though and unless i ask my friends dad to get me one, i will never own one.

edit: just went to sit in it, its nothing special. :lol

Enron

Banned
MaX_PL said:
eh thats all hype really. my housemate has one, his dad ordered him one for school since he's a millionaire lawyer, and its comfortable but not anything special. its still just a chair.

recently though, when studying for one of my courses, i read that herman miller designed his chairs so workers in offices felt more comfortable and experienced less stress from sitting at their desk. maybe its got some magic, but i dont notice it.

its like 900 dollars for the chair though and unless i ask my friends dad to get me one, i will never own one.

edit: just went to sit in it, its nothing special. :lol

Spend several years, 8 hours a day sitting in a typical office chair and you will notice a difference when you sit in the aeron. If not you must have a back of steel or something.

Xkiko

Ikea madness.
2.jpg

I also have couple more HL2 posters framed. Paid $30 for international shipping and the posters were folded :(
7.jpg

The tv stand cost 32e (~$45) and it was already assembled.
5.jpg

6.jpg

Top Bottom