• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

BeeDog

8f4aw5i.jpg

Sorry for the blurry mess of a pic, too lazy to recap it. Also have a Gamecube, but it's stuffed in a box in the closet.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
BeeDog said:
http://i13.tinypic.com/8f4aw5i.jpg

Sorry for the blurry mess of a pic, too lazy to recap it. Also have a Gamecube, but it's stuffed in a box in the closet.

Hah, another member of the Ikea Magiker entertainment center club. Hope to see you at the next meeting. Also, nice PS3 background.

BeeDog

tedtropy said:
Hah, another member of the Ikea Magiker entertainment center club. Hope to see you at the next meeting. Also, nice PS3 background.

Whahaha, someone recognizes the handyman's furniture. :D Had a great time screwing and gluing it together. Gotta love how it meshes together nicely with my custom-made table holding up my turntables.

Yeah, the wallpaper is really nice, thansk for the compliment. Also using Marconelly's awesome Uncharted theme! (the best one available for the PS3 at the moment)

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
BeeDog said:
Whahaha, someone recognizes the handyman's furniture. :D Had a great time screwing and gluing it together. Gotta love how it meshes together nicely with my custom-made table holding up my turntables.

Yeah, the wallpaper is really nice, thansk for the compliment. Also using Marconelly's awesome Uncharted theme! (the best one available for the PS3 at the moment)

Yep, flip through this forum and you'll find alot of fellow cheap man gamers own that particular piece from the Ikea catalog. It's just really versatile, and add a little conduit inside to hide the cables and it doesn't look too shabby either....

15emhf.jpg

Yama

I'm living in a small apartment in Manhattan (prices are high) and my room is now fairly small. Still, I take pride in style and tried to make the room as cozy and hooked up as possible, while keeping it somewhat spacious for the size. Of course that's hard with a 46" XBR-3. :)

Pass or fail?

NYCRoom1.jpg

NYCRoom2.jpg

NYCRoom3.jpg

NYCRoom4.jpg

NYCRoom5.jpg

Plan to add some miniscule shelving somewhere, perhaps. Anyway thanks for looking.

mike23

Alright, here's my setup.
I also have a ps2 fat and an n64 that aren't hooked up

2119664504_ff1bf5637b_b.jpg

2118885429_c8fec91a06_b.jpg

2119662996_a074e1b5e5_b.jpg

My ps3 sits on top of 2 hawaiian punch mix boxes to keep it off of my old as hell surround sound system until I can find a shelf thing that I like. The receiver gets extremely hot after long hours of gaming, it's ridiculous.

and yes, I use a magazine as a mouse pad.

edit: ignore all the terrible jpg artifacts on the walls

edit2: holy crap, I didn't realize how messy all those wires were, I'm gonna have to start saving bread bag ties :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
mike23 said:
and yes, I use a magazine as a mouse pad.

I mean no disrespect when I say that some of the things you mention are great of examples of "ghetto geek". :D Good stuff.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yama said:
I'm living in a small apartment in Manhattan (prices are high) and my room is now fairly small. Still, I take pride in style and tried to make the room as cozy and hooked up as possible, while keeping it somewhat spacious for the size. Of course that's hard with a 46" XBR-3. :)

Pass or fail?

Plan to add some miniscule shelving somewhere, perhaps. Anyway thanks for looking.

Pass. I know how small Manhattan apartments can be, and it looks like you've both got a nice gaming setup, some gaming swag of a game you like, and a room that's pretty warm and inviting to people who aren't nerds.

Nice job.

(Aside: What's your rent? Considering the New School and NYU for grad school options and either way I'd like to live in Manhattan. If you're in the Village, it'd be even more useful for me)

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Yama said:

Pass or fail?

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/YamaMX/NYCRoom1.jpg
[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/YamaMX/NYCRoom2.jpg
[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/YamaMX/NYCRoom3.jpg
[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/YamaMX/NYCRoom4.jpg
[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/YamaMX/NYCRoom5.jpg

Plan to add some miniscule shelving somewhere, perhaps. Anyway thanks for looking.[/QUOTE]

Pass!

BeeDog

Router said:
1 - What is the TV? Looks nice.

It's a pretty cheap Hyundai A321. An old model too, but gives a pretty good bang for the buck (at least a year ago).

tedropy: spot on-observation. Too bad it's too damn big for my HDTV now... I bought it a while ago when I used a regular CRT TV.

Bgamer90

Banned
100_1520.jpg

100_1521.jpg

100_1524.jpg

100_1534.jpg

100_1536.jpg

100_1535.jpg

100_1525.jpg

100_1522.jpg

100_1523.jpg

100_1527.jpg

Once I graduate from high school I'll get 5.1 and maybe a new TV (upgrade from a 32" to maybe a 37" or a 40"...) with the money I'll get from my parents and relatives.

Bgamer90 said:
Once I graduate from high school I'll get 5.1 and maybe a new TV (upgrade from a 32" to maybe a 37" or a 40"...) with the money I'll get from my parents and relatives.
You're in high school and you have a 32"? :(

i'll take that off your hands when you're done :lol

FF_VIII

Banned
47" Phillips something. The 360's wireless adapter was rubbish so I've gone back to wired. Just haven't fixed the wire yet :D

SA400151.jpg

My 3 "guitars"

SA400152.jpg

Poor Megadrive crapped out on me, need to buy a new one.

SA400153.jpg

Finally, the greatest game of all time (IMO!);

SA400154.jpg

Bgamer90

Banned
Stabby McSter said:
You're in high school and you have a 32"? :(

i'll take that off your hands when you're done :lol

lol Yeah I'm a senior. Once I get a new TV I was going to use the 32" for my computer as a monitor (and move the 2.1 sound that's on my TV now to my computer when I get 5.1). But yeah I'm spoiled but I'm not a spoiled brat though! lol

Bgamer90

Banned
Xkiko said:
Ikea madness.
2.jpg

I also have couple more HL2 posters framed. Paid $30 for international shipping and the posters were folded :(
7.jpg

I love that!

I really wish there were more IKEA stores here in America. IIRC there's only like 5 or 6 here...

BasicUAE

Ikea NeoGAF Fans FTW.....
My room is like..all Ikea and believe me it's for the style not the price although low prices don't hurt :D .
Hopfully I'll get around posting pics of my setup with all it's Ikea glory soonish once I finish my finalz.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
The new year cometh. Hold off on posting setups until the new year, then go set up KLAZY!!!

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Cincinnati is finally getting one (The West Chester store). I love how they say it's in "West Chester" but they know for a damn fact that no one is West Chester is going to visit it. They go to Ethan Allen for all their shit.

gillty

Banned
kind of bad quality (taken with a bb pearl, was going to buy a n95 but instead bought a ps3)
img00245mu2.jpg

Onkyo HT-R340 Reciever, Onkyo Sub+ 5 Speakers, 26" Toshiba CRT (720p/1080i), PlayStation Triple, and a 360 (far right)

img00253zs3.jpg

The PC (I'm primarily a PC Gamer) Core2Quad Q6600, 8800GTS, Asus P5K, 2gb Buffalo PC26400, 2x 320 Segate 7200.10 sata in raid 0, Corsair VX450 psu, and an Antec P182.

img00255bc7.jpg

current 360/PS3 lineup (no i didn't buy spiderman3 for ps3 :lol , it came with my ps3 during a boxing day sale) and a Rear speaker with no stand.

All this crammed into my bedroom (I'm a high school student), and I should buy a stand for that speaker but I need to save my money for some car parts.

elseanio

Xkiko said:
Ikea madness.
7.jpg

The tv stand cost 32e (~$45) and it was already assembled.
5.jpg

Hey- I have the same TV stand (mine was flat pack, as cheap though :D) and glass cabinet (same price as the TV stand) as you! I love Ikea. I also had the same idea as putting a lamp in the bottom of the cabinet, rather than a light in the top

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
urk said:
I bet that dog enjoys a ripping game of Tug 'o War.
Sometimes, but my last dog (also a Boston Terrier) loved it. That dog seemed to love pulling on things, like the vacuum cleaner. This one just runs away from the vacuum. :lol

edit: She is also terrified of tables that are flipped over.

Non Blurry Pics:

6kz8sc3.jpg

6lkfl3s.jpg

Top Bottom