• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your Video Game Posters

Remember the days when a new video game came with a poster? Last time i remember getting one was around the 16bit era.

Having worked in game stores i managed to get some cool posters for free like a Smash Bros Melee themed one but you don't see them around often, heres some posters i've got hanging up in my gaming area, i'll try to take some pictures of them on the walls. Got them from websites and ebay mainly. Got any of your own to show?

poster6.gif

mgs3postercy2.jpg

SuperMarioGalaxyPoster01.jpg

killer_7_crew_poster_lg.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
rvwtjp.jpg

Signed by producer Sam Thompson and game director Amy Hennig

My friend got the poster with the entire Naughty Dog team signed, still trying to convince him to sell it to me but he's intent on keeping it as a conversation piece. Blah

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a whole pile of posters given away for free with magazines. Not a single one has been put up.

I have this badass RE4 poster and this badass Mario 64 poster (from back in the day) and this Mass Effect poster and this badass Shadow of the Colossus poster, and a few badass Halo 2/3 posters and this badass Toejam & Earl poster (from back in the day)...wow I guess I have a lot of video game posters.

But uhhh "I took them all down when i was 14" cause I don't want to sound like a dork on internet forums about video games.

I've got entirely too many posters, and only two hung up so far. A japanese Killer 7 promo poster, and an autographed poster from the Dear Friends FF concert. I'll try and take some pics when I get home.

In my closet, I have about 2 dozen posters from the S-E Character Goods Shop in Japan. I've really been meaning to get around to at least hanging the Secret of Mana posters that I picked up there.

Dilli666

I took mine on when I was 22 :(

Got an Lego Indiana Jones 2 poster beneath my Indy RotA,ToD and LC posters in the office and a self-printed Valkyria Chronicles (thanks @ GAF highres gamepicture thread) at home.

DigitalDevil said:
I would kill for the FFVII poster that was in stores before the game came out in '97. I stupidly threw mine away in 99 when I went to college and I want it BACKKKKK.
A mate of me has still a poster of FFVII. Not sure of it the same one. It was Cloud towering above Midgar...

DigitalDevil said:
I would kill for the FFVII poster that was in stores before the game came out in '97. I stupidly threw mine away in 99 when I went to college and I want it BACKKKKK.

I've got two different ones from that game. One that is similar to the game cover, and another that is just a picture of CG Cloud. I also have a countertop cardboard standup! :D

kuYuri

Not exactly a poster, but:

qsmblf.jpg

I got a poster of this of L4D2 from friends as a surprise gift, but I haven't had a chance to put it up yet.

2w50msj.jpg

Also got an Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban 4) poster from a friend while he was in Japan, but it's pretty old and I never got the chance to hang it up due to me moving to a new house, so it's just lying around now.

I have tons more at my parent's place, the room I grew up in. But these are the ones in my own appartment. Very proud of the FF7 one.

ff7g0am.jpg

ff72h4xq.jpg

gtaz16i.jpg

codi17w.jpg

Ecto311

I have all 4 of the original left 4 dead posters in my living room framed. My wife got them for me.

jergrah

57h.jpg

4sa.jpg

1 of my sons has a Ratchet and Clank and Mario Galaxy poster in his room and another has a Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (I think) poster in his. They also each have one of those Nintendo wall-sticker things....one has Mario from Mario Kart and the other has Link.

lljride

I used to have all the Nintendo Power posters from like 89-91 on my wall when I was younger, but those days are long gone unfortunately. Nothing on the walls of my game room currently, but if I find something cool I'm not opposed to having something up there.

Shadow780 said:
Probably this

Promos_store_poster.fi.jpg

Yup, I have the same one at home, as well as that countertop cardboard standup I was talking about, which is the exact same image, although the sword kind of juts out from the rest of the standup.

All I have right now is a camera phone which is crappy.

9px4co.jpg

This is a God of War canvas me and my ex-girlfriend purchased off of eBay.

2czrguq.jpg

Since my camera is shit, I had to take this picture from Amazon although it is the same DMC4 poster on my wall.

andymcc

Banned
i bought a darius gaiden (it was really expensive) one for advertising in japanese arcades, but it was lost on the way back to the states by baggage handlers.

I got a Chrono Trigger one that I got with the DS game. I had a Sonic and the Secret Rings one too, until the other day when I noticed it and thought "Wait, I hate Sonic! Fuck this shit!"

Unicorn

I seriously need a Borderlands poster of the gun companies.

actually, I specifically want the Maliwan company poster:
180px-Maliwanposter.png

"Where forms meets function"

I normally don't hang up gaming posters because they feel too cheesy and nerdy, but I currently have 2 gaming posters I feel break out of that fact and feel like artwork on their own right:

SotC was given to me by a friend and I adore it. Children of Mana one i got from Nintendo power, but took a straight blade and cut all that shit off that was at the bottom so it's just the artwork. Also, so I'm not reminded about how shallow and bad that game was.

randomwab

The only game poster I'd put up now would be a Silent Hill 2 one, as long as it looked nice. Sadly though, I can never find one despite looking a ton on eBay. The last one I saw went for over £100. It was damn nice too, and already framed. :(

Persona 3 Portable OST promotional poster
a0dqq1.jpg

2x Phantasy Star Universe promotional poster
2kmyrb.jpg

if0ria.jpg

Persona 4 - 8 Poster set
2vty7u8.jpg

Super Mario Galaxy
nwx8k3.jpg

I've also got Batman Arkham Asylum and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect promotional store posters on my wall and a Star Ocean PSP promotional store poster that I'm tossing out soon. I can't be bothered taking pictures of those though and I don't already have pics of them on my HDD.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
it always saddens me to see people with unframed posters.

matte and frame anything you're going to put on your wall. it'll hang nicer, it'll preserve the poster, it'll look much better, you won't get holes or tears from thumb tacks/adhesive. it's the adult thing to do.

if you do not know how to do this, walk into your local wal-mart. find a frame that fits your poster. put the poster in the frame. it might not be a professional level job, but it'll still look tons better than just putting the poster up.

DemiMatt

Kagari said:
Change your avatar, damnit!

Why? I psoted it on the thread and the size requirements were fine, it even got reactivated by a mod.

90px × 119px

Or is it because its a video game related thing?

HYDE

Banned
If anyone has that epic God of War II poster that pops out, I will buy it from you.
PM me.

I am looking to decorate my game room.:D

Sebulon3k said:
That Super Mario Galaxy poster in the OP is pretty amazing, where did you get it from?

Search eBay for "Super Mario Galaxy Poster" and you'll find tons of them for about £6 including postage. I've got one and it's ridiculously large and good quality too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DemiMatt said:
Why? I psoted it on the thread and the size requirements were fine, it even got reactivated by a mod.

90px × 119px

Or is it because its a video game related thing?

Because it's Hcoregamer's avatar...

Swag

Azure Phoenix said:
Search eBay for "Super Mario Galaxy Poster" and you'll find tons of them for about £6 including postage. I've got one and it's ridiculously large and good quality too.

:( I was hoping for something that I could hang up in my college dorm.

Top Bottom