• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your Video Game Posters

I have about 4 or 5 tubes stock full of Japanese retail posters in brand new shape, mostly spanning the Ps2/XBX/GCN era. I really should get them out and sell them or do something with them.

Here's some random stuff. Man, I really need to get to organizing some of this stuff.

21acnpe.jpg

2m32r2v.jpg

2j15t7n.jpg

Terrible quality is terrible.

Chrono Trigger - DS. The poster is still in the ds case.

I don't remember i ever put one video game poster on the wall when i was a kid.

Abel

DY_nasty said:
I didn't know you got that SMT stuff signed too Abel :eek:

I don't have a camera on me right now, but I also have these posters :D

Shin Megami Tensei 1 Poster

SMT1.jpg

Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army Poster

Raidou1.jpg

Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon Poster

Raidou2.jpg

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment Poster

P2EP.jpg

I also have Megaman and Megaman X posters, but I won't bore you with those :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You sound like a very insecure person. For shame.

Most of the posters posted are pretty awesome, I'd gladly nail them to MY wall.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fair enough, I personally wouldn't put that up, but still...if they want to put it up, they should, no reason to be embarrassed about it. You shouldn't make people feel bad about liking what they like.
The Ico poster is nice but the main guy is tiny, I didn't realize he was a little person.

Guv_Bubbs

Banned
Snuggler said:
Fair enough, I personally wouldn't put that up, but still...if they want to put it up, they should, no reason to be embarrassed about it. You shouldn't make people feel bad about liking what they like.
The Ico poster is nice but the main guy is tiny, I didn't realize he was a little person.

I had that was my wallpaper for a long time. It's the main character from Shadow

rocksolidaudio said:
so where the hell is everybody getting/making the great sotc/ico ones from?

They all appear to be fan made artwork that has been printed out, you can find a bunch of them in the "Video Game Wallpapers & Hi-Res Artwork ~Official Thread~" topic.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the only video game poster I have is that 'Help!' A Life Well Wasted one.

bjork

I really want to like the SMT art, but the faces don't click with me. Everything else about them I like a lot, though.

kiryogi

Banned
I'm curious. How much do you folks spend on the frames to display them? I've always wanted to get some but they seemed really expensive. I'll post some posters when I get a chance on side note. Mainly Megaman though. Rest of my stuff are in tubes XD

Abel said:
I have some more, but I'll stop for now :D

you should continue later, this is good stuff. are those posters prints or originals for stores? your framing is also very nice, do you buy them like that?

Abel

Augemitbutter said:
you should continue later, this is good stuff. are those posters prints or originals for stores? your framing is also very nice, do you buy them like that?

They're all posters from Japan (Well, except for the Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 ones, those were printed by ATLUS USA). The framing I did at Michaels, where I picked out the frame and the matting for each :)

So, are you going to critique every one's choice of posters on some invisible scale? 'Cuz if someone wants to put a poster of some random anime girl on their wall, that's their own prerogative.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
So, are you going to critique every one's choice of posters on some invisible scale? 'Cuz if someone wants to put a poster of some random anime girl on their wall, that's their own prerogative.

Totally. I mean, what kind of hobby is it if you hide it in a corner and are ashamed of what you like?

If this topic came up 2 years ago I would have pictures, but no posters anymore aside from the 1 Alice In Wonderland for DS and Tony Hawk Underground 2 cardboard standee..

Risible

Doc Evils said:
My OCD is telling me there is a larger gap at the bottom than there is on the top.

That's a common design decision. From what I understand designers feel that most framed pieces benefit from this kind of matting choice.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

TheRefresher

Neo Member
This one's already been posted, but since mine is framed I thought I'd post a picture. I had this poster framed so I could put it in my living room.

rapture.JPG

image-915B_4B941050.jpg

I got this with the game when I bought it during launch in Japan. I really like the character design and composition even though I never finished the game. I also have the main Symphony of the Night art framed (showed it in another thread), and I'm planning to get frames for an Arcade Virtua Fighter 5 Final Tuned artwork of Pai and some Nakoruru calendar artwork.

Doc Evils

Risible said:
That's a common design decision. From what I understand designers feel that most framed pieces benefit from this kind of matting choice.

Nuh uh. I'm talking about the position off the poster. Its about 1cm off north leaving a slight larger gap on the bottom frame. This is why I don't like buying over sized frames since it's a pain centering them in the middle.

Top Bottom