• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

We're doing them. There's going to be an exclusive Leviathan hat for the IndieGoGo campaign, and we're going to make a bunch more for the core game.

if you don't want to make them yourself or are having a tough time, Valve allows you to outsource to community people who make items for TF2 for promos (for free).

If you ask Valve for some suggestions for some people to make the items they could probably help you.

Goldenboy882

Neo Member
Hello Ravidrath, long time no see!

I would very much like to participate in the fundraiser, but I do not have a lot of money to spare. Realistically, how much money do you need, or expect, from each fan to reach your goal?

I am a big fan of Skullgirls, Squigly, and your team in general. I would like to do my part to help you succeed.

Johnz

Neo Member
so even though beowulf hasn't been shown yet..with a maybe on being on the fan vote.

I will now attempt to guess Beowulf palletes out of complete boredom. With the vague the description that he is a manly kamina-esque dude who fights with a chair.

kanji-tatsumi-stance.gif

Person 4 Kanji

Kaminas_signature_pose.gif

Kamina

1155574_o.gif
I really do think it's silly to have a character who is a wrestler with a chair..and not have a la parka pallete...He was literally nicknamed "the chairman of wcw" back during the 90s..

And then from there..we have numerous brightly colored wrestlers throughout the ages...who I will spare you...

Ravidrath

Hello Ravidrath, long time no see!

I would very much like to participate in the fundraiser, but I do not have a lot of money to spare. Realistically, how much money do you need, or expect, from each fan to reach your goal?

I am a big fan of Skullgirls, Squigly, and your team in general. I would like to do my part to help you succeed.

We have no idea how many people it will take to fund this. A lot of people have been telling us we should try it, and so we are - if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

And, seriously, any amount helps. We have a $5 tier, for people who might be skeptical of this whole thing and just want to consider it a pre-order. But obviously there are better rewards for people who can give more.

Also, we're going to put a custom stick on the line. IndieGoGo has social sharing tools, and the person who brings in the most people in that contribute will win it. Even if they don't actually contribute themselves.

Johnz

Neo Member
We have no idea how many people it will take to fund this. A lot of people have been telling us we should try it, and so we are.

And, seriously, any amount helps. We have a $5 tier, for people who might be skeptical of this whole thing and just want to consider it a pre-order. But obviously there are better rewards for people who can give more.

Also, we're going to put a custom stick on the line. IndieGoGo has social sharing tools, and the person who brings in the most people in that contribute will win it. Even if they don't actually contribute themselves.

Are you guys going to hold salty cupcake donation drives again??

I've always considered TF2 to be the pinnacle of Hat Simulating games, no other game can do it better. And it has a nice FPS mini-game involved as well

Ravidrath

Are you guys going to hold salty cupcake donation drives again??

I'm sure these will be prominently mentioned in them and we'll show off any progress we make, but I don't know what more we'd do, since all of the prizes and everything are built into the IGG campaign.

I think we could very well see appearances by Squigly's voice actress, etc. if she's funded.

Krackatoa

I think TF2 hats are going to be the sleeper fund-driver for this. As far as fake internet economies go, the TF2 Hat market is one of the best ones. If the Leviathan hat is only being generated by donations, the hat is going to end up being a great investment on it's own for those in the TF2 community. A $5 donation would actually end in profit for any involved hat-sellers.

I wouldn't call it a sleeper since I'm sure many expect to see results from it, but if we get to the second and third characters, it'll probably be because of hats.

Would love to get some art. Hope some are left by the end of the weak, if they are even within my price range.

Custom art of an OC that can appear in Squig's stage is gonna be on that $5K tier.
I'm totally joking, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that is a tier.

Ravidrath

Are you gonna have some special salty cupcakes streams during the drive? The VA streams were amazing.

Hopefully we can get some things like that going. I think we should be selecting Squigly's voice actress pretty soon, so I think getting her on Salty Cupcakes would be great.

We also already have the voice actor for Big Band picked out, too.

Obviously we're going to have tons of updates on the campaign page itself.

And, also, I can't stress this enough...

IndieGoGo pays out the second you hit your first goal. So the sooner we hit the mark for Squigly, the sooner we can get back to work on her, and the sooner you're going to see substantial updates, like completed animations, real gameplay videos, etc.

Judging by the reaction to what we've already shown, people really like seeing this stuff go from rough drawings to the final game - so I think it'll be really interesting to everyone. Especially if we get to Big Band, because then people will get to see the ENTIRE process.

That's the $1000 tier, actually.

Hah, great minds and all that. If I had an OC that I didn't mind giving up, I'd probably do this.

Judging by the reaction to what we've already shown, people really like seeing this stuff go from rough drawings to the final game - so I think it'll be really interesting to everyone. Especially if we get to Big Band, because then people will get to see the ENTIRE process.

I've mentioned it before I think, but a rough final version of the characters would be so cool.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ravi, you know youll have my support :) Crowdfunding is the right place to take this and it could lead to pretty exciting things. Glad to hear the game seems to be doing well in japan also!

Another one of Alex's IPs.

And... maybe.

Interesting. Wasn't expecting that answer lol. I'm thinking about a racer, even though I can't imagine what a racer from y'all would even look like.

And I guess even though it's Alex's, having a guest character in SG would be more trouble than it's worth. I also doubt Alex wants to mix worlds like that.

joe2187

Banned
Interesting. Wasn't expecting that answer lol. I'm thinking about a racer, even though I can't imagine what a racer from y'all would even look like.

And I guess even though it's Alex's, having a guest character in SG would be more trouble than it's worth. I also doubt Alex wants to mix worlds like that.

Dude

DUDE

FUCKING ROAD RASH...

No...Yes...YES

I can dream cant I?

Hopefully we can get some things like that going. I think we should be selecting Squigly's voice actress pretty soon, so I think getting her on Salty Cupcakes would be great.

We also already have the voice actor for Big Band picked out, too.

Obviously we're going to have tons of updates on the campaign page itself.

And, also, I can't stress this enough...

IndieGoGo pays out the second you hit your first goal. So the sooner we hit the mark for Squigly, the sooner we can get back to work on her, and the sooner you're going to see substantial updates, like completed animations, real gameplay videos, etc.

Something popped into my mind the other day as I was thinking about the fundraiser. What happens if we make it past two goals(let's say Squigs and Big Band) and we partially fund the third character? Would you guys just use the money to do as much work as possible before putting the third on hiatus for another day (Autumn's financial situation improves or something like that)?
That's the $1000 tier, actually.
You should make this sort of thing a tier. I'm dead serious.

Ravidrath

Something popped into my mind the other day as I was thinking about the fundraiser. What happens if we make it past two goals(let's say Squigs and Big Band) and we partially fund the third character? Would you guys just use the money to do as much work as possible before putting the third on hiatus for another day (Autumn's financial situation improves or something like that)?

You should make this sort of thing a tier. I'm dead serious.

It depends on where we'd end up, but we'd put the money towards something else. More stages/music, taunts, intro/win/lose animations, etc.

And I was serious when I said that was the $1000 tier...

It depends on where we'd end up, but we'd put the money towards something else. More stages/music, taunts, intro/win/lose animations, etc.

And I was serious when I said that was the $1000 tier...
Okay, that is reasonable. Oh, and I totally missed that post about the tier being real. I think there will be a few takers here and there.
Is the drive going up in a few hours or do we have another earth rotation to wait on?
Technically half a rotation. :^P

alstein

Hey, so Joystiq posted a thing, and then Kotaku contacted me so they could post a more accurate thing.

Here's a link to the more accurate thing: http://kotaku.com/5986592/it-will-b...s-to-add-one-new-character-to-a-fighting-game

That makes me think Sirlin wasn't so crazy to go into card games instead of fighting games. I always though his claim he needed $1.5mil was a bit high, but maybe not.

Hopefully you guys get it. I think you'll get Squiggly at least. Cryamore raised a good bit of money, I think you guys will do about the Cryamore did or a bit more.

Hey, so Joystiq posted a thing, and then Kotaku contacted me so they could post a more accurate thing.

Here's a link to the more accurate thing: http://kotaku.com/5986592/it-will-b...s-to-add-one-new-character-to-a-fighting-game
I'm glad the guy who said modders do a similar job for free is getting blasted in the comments section.
It's amazing to think that much money goes into just one character

also I can't stop staring at that gif
Now imagine how insane the costs must be on the other big fighters. Skullgirls is like cooking a good home cooked meal using store bought ingredients versus a dinner at a restaurant that is 10-20x the amount. Mahvel must have been expensive as hell.

Now imagine how insane the costs must be on the other big fighters. Skullgirls is like cooking a good home cooked meal using store bought ingredients versus a dinner at a restaurant that is 5-10x the amount. Mahvel must have been expensive as hell.

Money really does make the world go round, huh.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Top Bottom