• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Dawnguard trailer

By the way, Bethesda confirmed the price: 1600 MSP.

EDIT: Huh, it wasn't there before. :lol

Still though, I'll mirror the "not what I was hoping for". I don't give a flying shit about vampires, really, and seeing they built an entire DLC around that "flying vampire lord"-idea from the Game Jam is, well... Kinda underwhelming.

Vire

Hmm... not exactly what I was hoping for. I dunno if this will warrant $20 if it's just another guild. I was hoping for something more akin to Shivering Isles.

Lot's of jankyness in the video too.

Barakov

Not really feeling the direction they're going in but it's more Skyrim so I'm in. Hopefully, this is something on the scale of Shivering Isles.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This is an add on, not an expansion pack. Think Knights of the Nine rather than the Shivering Isles. I'm sure they're still working on the proper expansion pack.

Pretty sure they said every DLC for Skyrim would be akin to an expansion pack, which is why it's taken so long to release, and why it costs $20.

Pretty sure they said every DLC for Skyrim would be akin to an expansion pack, which is why it's taken so long to release, and why it costs $20.

It'll be more like Knights of the Nine, I'm sure of it. We'll probably get some new buildings for the factions and some new dungeons, but new land like Shivering Isles? No. What the fuck would they do, introduce Vampire Land?

Seriously Beth, this is kinda disappointing.

Wiggum2007

The graveyard looks cool but not so hot on the other Skyrim-themed environments, I'm sick of the snow hopefully the next expansion will take us to a tropical island or some weird locale like Shivering Isles.

I'm not sure if it'll be day(thirty)one for me, it was kinda underwhelming. I guess I'll wait for new details, this video definitely didn't got me.

GhaleonEB

That was... Not what I expected.

Me neither. I was kinda hoping the story from the main game would be expanded on (hello Thalmor).

I still there day 1. That was quite the list of stuff picked up from the Game Jam videos.

Vampire death lord
Crossbows
Epic mounts

On top of already released:

Magic and archery kill cams
Kinect commands
Mounted combat
New underwater effects

Might be forgetting a few; seems that really was their launching point for the DLC. Hoping the new elements for dungeon design make it in, with the moving pieces and what not.

E3 should have more details on the scope, but I'm expecting nearly as much content as Shivering Isles.

Im not even so much sick of Snow, but I would have preferred they tried different takes on snowy and tundra inspired environments.

Still, I really would love to see a more fantasy inspired Elder Scrolls world. A good healthy mix of realistic and and mythical.

Vire

It'll be more like Knights of the Nine, I'm sure of it. We'll probably get some new buildings for the factions and some new dungeons, but new land like Shivering Isles? No. What the fuck would they do, introduce Vampire Land?

Seriously Beth, this is kinda disappointing.

I hate it when you are right.

20 bucks seems way too much for this. What a disappointing morning between the Dead Space 3 screenshots, Prometheus reviews and now this.

I'll be back later, suicide watch imminent.

Me neither. I was kinda hoping the story from the main game would be expanded on (hello Thalmor).

I still there day 1. That was quite the list of stuff picked up from the Game Jam videos.

Vampire death lord
Crossbows
Epic mounts

On top of already released:

Magic and archery kill cams
Kinect commands
Mounted combat
New underwater effects

Might be forgetting a few; seems that really was their launching point for the DLC. Hoping the new elements for dungeon design make it in, with the moving pieces and what not.

E3 should have more details on the scope, but I'm expecting nearly as much content as Shivering Isles.

So basically, this is Game Jam: the DLC.

And for those still hoping for new land:

From the trailer. That's part of the Skyrim map, you can see Markarth and Solitude. And of course Whiterun at the end.

Reclaimer

Was hoping for a more creative new locale, but still excited for this.

Who knows what they didn't show in the trailer, and if this content is up there with the best in Skyrim, I'll be more than happy to buy it.

How's that a bad thing? We're one step closer to Gigant Enemy Crab!

Day
1 for me!

I bet we'll get to build a house/castle of our own, too.

And crossposting this from the Skyrim OT, but I think the reason we're not seeing any new land is one of the gameplay features the game was built around: the shouts. Dragons and word walls are obviously unique to Skyrim itself, and they're a major part of the gameplay. I think, in order to maintain consistency, new landmasses like the Shivering Isles might actually be out of the question for Bethesda, unless they decide to just throw the lore out of the window or find something else to do with shouts.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not very interesting to me. Doesn't seem like it expands the explorable landmass, and vampire (or whatever) gameplay doesn't really interest me. Oh well, will have to wait for the real expansion (which I hope they're working on), I guess.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My body is ready, I was in awe of some of the environments in skyrim and this wil give many more ones and they are diverse. I want it now.

But it seems to not do that. From what we can tell from the trailer, this add-on content takes place in existing Skyrim environments.

I put over 150 hours in Skyrim and still haven't done everything. I loved it.

But for some reason that trailer didn't do anything for me.

They built an entire DLC around the vampire transformation game jam thing?

I wonder how this works if you're not an evil character. Like will there be a "good" way to beat this?

And the "bad" side ending? Cause permanent darkness in Skyrim? That seems like it might be kind of extreme.

The_Monk

I saw a vampire. Oblivion made me hate vampires!

Also, with so much to do in the game, I don't see myself spending more money with Skyrim right now.

Seanspeed

Banned
Fans: "Skyrim's world is huge and atmospheric, but there's just not enough quality stuff to do in it. Waste of all that space."

Bethesda: "Ok, we'll try and include a whole bunch of new stuff do in the world then."

Fans: "No! I was hoping for new areas!"

Seriously, some fans will never be happy. Also, we still dont know a lot about whats included in the DLC. There's a lot of speculation being thrown around as fact in this thread.

Ceebs

Would like to see the PR feature list.

The trailer makes it seem like something you would get from a well made mod.

Locke_211

If that weird map is indicative of the game area, then it's saying the game will take place just in the top-left corner of the current map. That surely wouldn't make much sense? Why just that area?

Isn't it more like that that's where it starts? Like that area is where you originally pick up the quest that might lead you to a new area?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fans: "Skyrim's world is huge and atmospheric, but there's just not enough quality stuff to do in it. Waste of all that space."

Bethesda: "Ok, we'll try and include a whole bunch of new stuff do in the world then."

Seriously, some fans will never be happy. Also, we still dont know a lot about whats included in the DLC. There's a lot of speculation being thrown around as fact in this thread.

Haha, Perfect.

Pat

Arf, demons again. That one of the things I really liked in Skyrim: they did the conflict more politic and unique. Oh well, I hope we have the choice to be or not to be with Dawnguard.

If that's the case, GET OUT OF MY GAME YOU FUCKING' DEMONS PRICKS.

The best thing about Skyrim was wandering around the pretty landmass, no naturally people want another area to wander around. The "quality stuff to do" is pretty much nonexistent thanks to the underlying combat/loot/scaling system.

We're also getting more info in the next Game Informer.

iGPKIwoFz7Zqd.bmp

Source.

Show this video to anyone who says Kinect is bullshit and they'll be converted. Voice commands in Mass Effect 3 were pretty awesome too.

The Skyrim commands were pretty terrible, though. Shouting rarely works right and the game often hears 'ghosts': I had it open up the menu even when I said nothing and there was no one else at home.

Mxrz

After spending the majority of Skyrim dealing with the vanilla vampire crap (ironman rawr) I'd just like to say, You assholes.

That 30 day wait is a bit of a buzzkill. Kind of surprised in this day and age it still seems like a good idea to them. Hard time believing 360 sales were higher than both PC & PS3.

* Wait, Unreal 4?. . . pfft, Skyrim.

Well SHIT

*edit*

I am into this. Gonna buy it Day 1 and enjoy the hell out of it. I think it looks good. Looks like some new areas, rethought old areas, new fighting mechanics, new character changes, mounted combat, new weapons. Looks good from the trailer IMO.

Sure, Oblivion had a lot of wasted space, too. But Shivering Isles was highly welcomed for new land because it was a massive change in scenery.

ironcreed

Banned

LOL, I kind of agree. Skyrim is absolutely massive as is. There is still so much I have not even seen or even done yet. As far as this new content goes, the evil vibe and look of the sun going dark, etc is quite enough of something different for me. Hopefully I can overthrow the vampire lord, take his fortress and become the new lord of darkness at the the end, lol. I dig it.

LOL, I kind of agree. Skyrim is absolutely massive as is. There is still so much I have not even seen or even done yet. As far as this new content goes, the evil vibe and look of the sun going dark, etc is quite enough of something different for me. Hopefully I can overthrow the vampire lord, take his fortress and become the new lord of darkness at the the end, lol. I dig it.

Agree. DLC should add to the current world. This looks to add to the current world.
Fans will complain now but I suspect thank later once they play it and beyond.

Boss Man

It looks really cool but I am sooo uninterested in vampires. I know a lot of people will love it though. Might be fun killing them who knows. I'll wait for a price drop though.

It does look great IMO. Cool to see them adding stuff from that gamejam video.

Top Bottom