• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Dawnguard trailer

This is incredibly underwhelming, considering they were talking about each DLC for this being expansion-sized. This basically seems like two guild quest lines.

I absolutely loved Skyrim. I'm just not ready to play more of it yet. Totally burnt out on the combat mechanics. I'll pick it up, but it definitely won't be a day one purchase for me.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Rainbow Six Raven Shield didn't either on xbox....

Yes, but if it had used Kinect it could use the extra horsepower for improving the actual game.

Not only that but voice recognition is tricky to begin with, let alone when you have a ton of different quality 3rd party mics that could have differing results with voice recog.

Having Kinect as the standard is a great way to ensure consistency and quality.

Satch

Banned
i wonder if i'll have to make a new character, or if the vamps will let you join as an honorary vampire

i'm a werewolf, but i don't want to be in the Dawnguard :(

Jac_Solar

Based on how long they've been (probably long before Skyrim was released even.) working on this, how much it costs, how much they made from Skyrim, and their experience with the engine the game runs on, I pretty much expect this DLC to be quite a bit bigger than Shivering Isles. I'd be disappointed if it was much smaller, and really disappointed if there's not even a big new island/world to explore.

Quick question: I haven't beaten Skyrim yet
(in terms of the main quest, I just had a fight with the boss dragon on the Throat of the World after I used the elder scroll to go back in time and learn the dragon shout)
... will this trailer spoil the ending?

(in terms of the main quest, I just had a fight with the boss dragon on the Throat of the World after I used the elder scroll to go back in time and learn the dragon shout)

Ignore me im stupid. No it wont spoil anything

Tellaerin

Bethesda said from day 1 that the DLC's for Skyrim would be more akin to expansion packs, and not like Fallout 3's DLC. $20 seems right if they stick to that philosophy for content.

Agreed. That's the sort of thing I want from DLC, in terms of both pricing and amount of content.

I'm like 100% sure you could swing your sword when on your horse in oblivion Xbox 360.

I'm 100% sure you couldn't.

But Dawnguard, yeah. I'm upset that it won't add any large open areas to explore, but I at least appreciate it for thinking outside the Elder Scrolls box of "ancient evil threatens, you are the chosen one".

Struct09

There are absolutely no spoilers in the trailer

It kind of looks like Shadow Demon from the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon...

dungeonsanddragons94.jpg

iNvid02

probably not day one, in the middle of my replay and want to explore everything before i even think about dlc

looks interesting though

Couldn't they just plop a new island landmass off the north coast of the map like they did with the Morrowind expansion?

Solstheim was there before they started developing Bloodmoon, though. It was reasonable for them to head there for an expansion. There's no islands the size of that near Tamriel, except for the Summerset Isles. I half-expected them to head to Artaeum, that could've tied in with both the Mages Guild and the Civil War questline.

Solstheim was there before they started developing Bloodmoon, though. It was reasonable for them to head there for an expansion. There's no islands the size of that near Tamriel, except for the Summerset Isles. I half-expected them to head to Artaeum, that could've tied in with both the Mages Guild and the Civil War questline.
They could do a piece of Atmora north of Skyrim...

BigTnaples

image.php

I can only comment on what they chose to show in the trailer. What they showed was underwhelming to me.

Underwhelming and saying "This expansion is just two questlines nothing more" are two very different things.

At least wait for a bullet point list before jumping to that conclusion.

volturnus

Banned
I hope I don'tt have to play as that demon, I hate transformations in TES games.
From what I get, Dawnguard is the vampire-killing guild, right? It better let one choose to side either with the demon or with the Dawnguard.

I would hope this pack adds some vampire/demon infested valley that we can explore and not just a castle on the world map that wasn't there before.

BigTnaples

I hope I don'tt have to play as that demon, I hate transformations in TES games.
From what I get, Dawnguard is the vampire-killing guild, right? It better let one choose to side either with the demon or with the Dawnguard.

It does.

Underwhelming and saying "This expansion is just two questlines nothing more" are two very different things.

At least wait for a bullet point list before jumping to that conclusion.

I said "it seems like two guild questlines", emphasis on seems like because that's all I can really see in the video. Can we really infer much else from this trailer? No. I'll happily read more details about this expansion, but at the end of the day if this is supposed to get me hyped for spending 20 bucks, it's not really doing its job. It's not jumping to conclusions for me to be underwhelmed personally if the marketing video isn't marketing what I'm interested in at me.

If there's a lot more to this expansion then this isn't a very good trailer. If it does add a lot more then, yes, awesome, but that doesn't really make this video better does it? I'm happy to spend mo' money on Skyrim, but so far this isn't selling me.

Demon Ice

Banned
Any spoilers in the trailer?

Nope.

Also, FYI you guys don't need to wait for the expansion to try out the mounted combat, PC players can grab it now off of the Steam beta update, console players I'm not sure when but I'm sure the patch will be live well before the expansion.

Mounted combat takes some getting used to but it's decently done.

Looks pretty good. I'll be getting it for pc so I guess I'll be waiting a month for it to be released and then another month or two for the mods I use to be updated for it.

I hope its similar in scope to Shivering Isles, with long questlines and a large new map with multiple new areas, been hyped for some Skyrim DLC

Top Bottom