• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Gigantic Info Flood And Screens [Update: Tons Of New Info In OP]

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ogrekiller said:
Imagine if the mod system allowed for fan created animations for characters through kinect.

nBYd9.gif

that would be...interesting, to say the least

steadfast

WanderingWind said:
I'm guessing since the controls seem to be focusing on the 360 version right now that the PC version will allow for controller compatibility?

They're sporting the "Games for Windows" logo on their website www.elderscrolls.com and part of that is usually controller support so that is a good indicator. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee417691.aspx#5 section 1.4

Plus demonstrating it for an hour on a 360 build would make it a pretty safe assumption that it will have controller support on the PC version.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Ratsofatsorat said:

Loving the images and updates. My most anticipated game this year by a long shot. I know you probably cannot comment on much, but did you guys do anything to improve your work on the animations? As much as I loved Oblivion and Morrowind, the stiff animations often hurt the great immersion you guys had set up.

Seanspeed

Banned
Stahsky said:
Loving the images and updates. My most anticipated game this year by a long shot. I know you probably cannot comment on much, but did you guys do anything to improve your work on the animations? As much as I loved Oblivion and Morrowind, the stiff animations often hurt the great immersion you guys had set up.
Watch the trailer.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I want to be able to spawn thousands of pillows and build them like stairs so I can walk over mountains on them like a pimp

On a related note, I sure hope that console commands are included. There is a lot of fun to be had with it. I loved selecting NPC's in Morrowind, setting their acrobatics to 99999 and typing in "force jump". I bet you can imagine what happens after that, lol.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Seanspeed said:
Watch the trailer.

The first gameplay one? Or is there a new one I completely missed? I didn't think there was enough to settle my differences on the matter with the first gameplay video.

nickbreckon

Bethesda Community Manager
Stahsky said:
Loving the images and updates. My most anticipated game this year by a long shot. I know you probably cannot comment on much, but did you guys do anything to improve your work on the animations?

Todd's talked about the new animation a good deal. Here's a recent interview where he touches on it. Short answer: yes.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Ratsofatsorat said:

Destructibility of Environment - on a scale from 1 to 10?

1 being, swinging a hammer at a rock or a deer makes the same noise and leaves the same graphical mark

10 being a well placed shout can tear down the inn in which the bar wench has denied your manhood.

I still can't believe how great these models look compared to Oblivion's. The weapons and armor actually look good. The Daedric pieces in Oblivion looked like they were made out of plastic.

nickbreckon

Bethesda Community Manager
Vinci said:
Can I steal pillows in Skyrim?

The team tried allowing it, but systemic pillow-stealing lead to tired NPCs that refused to work, throwing Tamriel into a dark age of sleepless nights and futonic resource wars. (This did not actually occur.)

Paznos said:
I wonder how the PS3 version is doing :S

Looking great.

Wazzim

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
I am slightly prepared for this, just need to see the recommended specs. Looks amazing and they seemed to kick this version up a huge notch. The comparison pics are down right funny.
Don't think you'll need a monster to max this out, doesn't seem that demanding. Big jump from Oblivion though.

Ploid 3.0

Can't wait to trade poison apples and have npc's to eat them again. Oblivion was so awesome, I spent days just stealing stuff for money and possible awesome loot.

It's hard for me to go back to JRPGs because of this game. I'm very thankful for the PS3 port or I might still have been in the dark on these games. Got all 3 of their rpgs (well main) released on ps3. In fallout I didn't use sneak and crit hit like I did in Oblivion, it seemed harder to be stealthy or something. Well for one thing they didn't have those stealth % rings/gear. I never spend my stealth boys either.

I hope in this the return of the assassin play is back.

Wazzim said:
Don't think you'll need a monster to max this out, doesn't seem that demanding. Big jump from Oblivion though.

It looks so good, just kinda not giving my hopes up on running it smooth at good graphics. I just entered the gaming pc thing for this (got it early and plan to upgrade if I need to), Diablo 3, and Saints Row 3rd.

Athlon II X4 640
Asus GTX 460 768mb
4gig ram, win 7 pro

I am so very excited for this game. I'm glad to see the beautiful, naturalistic environments have returned. Unlike some, I am not a fan of the weird, otherworldly environments that characterized parts of Morrowind and the Shivering Isles expansion. Of course there could be plenty of those that haven't been shown yet. To me, the realistic natural vistas are one of the things that really immerse me in the game. Giant mushrooms or unnaturally shaped trees take me right out.

I'll be glad to see controller support in the PC version as well, it's my preferred input method when available. Accuracy be damned it's just so much more comfortable to me.

Regarding theft in Oblivion: I never got caught intentionally stealing unless someone was watching me. Maybe they fixed that in a patch or something but I always stole crouched so that the "eye" would let me know when someone was watching and I never got caught. I did occasionally pick something up by accident in plain sight, which is a pain in the ass, but a load of my last save always rectified such issues.

Ratsofatsorat said:
systemic pillow-stealing lead to tired NPCs that refused to work, throwing Tamriel into a dark age of sleepless nights and futonic resource wars.
): Now I want this as an expansion pack.

Ploid 3.0

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I am so very excited for this game. I'm glad to see the beautiful, naturalistic environments have returned. Unlike some, I am not a fan of the weird, otherworldly environments that characterized parts of Morrowind and the Shivering Isles expansion. Of course there could be plenty of those that haven't been shown yet. To me, the realistic natural vistas are one of the things that really immerse me in the game. Giant mushrooms or unnaturally shaped trees take me right out.

I'll be glad to see controller support in the PC version as well, it's my preferred input method when available. Accuracy be damned it's just so much more comfortable to me.

Regarding theft in Oblivion: I never got caught intentionally stealing unless someone was watching me. Maybe they fixed that in a patch or something but I always stole crouched so that the "eye" would let me know when someone was watching and I never got caught. I did occasionally pick something up by accident in plain sight, which is a pain in the ass, but a load of my last save always rectified such issues.

I did this in fallout 3 a few times haha. I just kept the game going since they just walk up and take that item back. I don't steal in Fallouts, but iirc if you got caught in oblivion they take every item you have a red hand on. I don't remember if Fallout have the red hand thing due to not stealing. I don't even know if you needed a fence in fallout or if it just don't matter. since resources are hard to come by, people may be willing to buy anything.

--------
(Animate)

There's a lot of animation hints in the trailer. Third person and first person. Like that bow and aiming at the wolf, or the spin attack with the sword fighting something in third person.

GhaleonEB

Ranger X said:
You mean, goodbye life!
I'm literally taking a vacation day on 11/11. Possibly two depending on whether I have any left at that point.

Not that it will help with the following weeks/months.

bathala said:
they have doggy.
does that mean u get dog companion like Fallout
As long as I can kill the dog and eat its meat like in Fallout, I'm happy.

Ploid 3.0

boris feinbrand said:
I know the chances are very slim, and some here might actually hate the idea, but is there any chance you'll support Move for sword and melee combat as an option?

After no move support in portal 2 there's no hope for it outside of sony games it seems. Heck Uncharted 3 won't even put it in, it must be some kinda tough or maybe it require a bit of power that the graphics or whatever need to run.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
RPS said:
14. Modding is fully supported, in the form of the Creation Kit. “We’re really big into the mods on the PC. Hopefully day and date with the game, but there might be some slack there.” Bethesda have also been influenced by a few mods for earlier games – for instance, bows have been tweaked as a result of finding an Oblivion balance mod that did ‘em better.

This is kind of a big deal. In a good way.

I'm confident that, by the time I have a PC that can run this game, someone will have made a mod that gets rid of the spiders.

The spiders look epic, but I have the hugest case of arachnophobia. Most games aren't a problem, although the Deep Roads in the first Dragon Age made me a bit uncomfortable.

Seriously, though, this is the reason I won't be playing Skyrim on my 360; well, that and I'm a huge Elder Scrolls devotee and it'll be worth upgrading my PC.

Pollux

For the first time ever in ANY Elder Scrolls game, I'm considering rolling a Khajit. I'll do it after my Nord barbarian and my high elf mage.

Grinchy

Banned
I wish they would have announced this game the week before it was launching.

Even then, that week would take forever. But waiting until November? Will time even continue to flow to such a distant point in the future??!

Well it looks like they finally staffed up some competent character artists because what little we've seen of Skyrim's characters looks leagues better than Fallout 3's or Oblivion's.

Damn, the Khajiit looks sweet. I never actually considered playing as a Khajiit before.

The orc's new look is nice as well.

Everything in these screenshots looks amazing. So I assume it will animate like shit. Prove me wrong, Bethesda! I would love to be wrong.

Eh, you know I'll play and love the game anyway...

EDIT: I am really excited to see how the people from Arkane Studios have influenced the feel of the gameplay, if they have had any noticeable influence.

UrbanRats

Grinchy said:
I wish they would have announced this game the week before it was launching.

Even then, that week would take forever. But waiting until November? Will time even continue to flow to such a distant point in the future??!
You really think this game will come out in November? Man, they will delay it.. they always do.

Top Bottom