• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

Unai

Finally! I thought they had given up. There's only two mods that I am really looking forward to (SKY UI complete and SXP Redone), so hopefully they will update soon as well.

Mesoian

So that means existing mods can simply be ported over without having to rewrite the all the code?

In theory, but more larger involved mods will still need to take some time. I'd assume anything particularly script heavy will be pretty troublesome early on.

Still though, this is all very exciting.

Unai

Oh yes! This will make me comeback too Skyrim once again. Playing without Sky UI and MCM was not great!
Edit: Got a link for SkyUI/MCM updated?

People were talking about it here and here.

So that means existing mods can simply be ported over without having to rewrite the all the code?

It seems that with some mods you don't need to code everything again, you just need to export it with the new modding tool that Bethesda provided. It is what these people did.

If I already have the original edition, is it still worth buying SE?

At the moment, no it's not worth it. I would wait until the Winter Sale (or a sale around that time) to pick it up since that'll be around the time I'd expect SKSE64 team to hammer out any bugs. The modders will probably start to bring over their mods around that time too.

Top Bottom