• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

Ashodin

Awww yiss the best hair mod is out

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2014/?

u27jer8.jpg

StereoVsn

if it's working the way skyui works in regular skyrim, you can go to the mod manager tab in the start menu and increase the size of the font. It won't be a huge amount, but it'll make things easier to process.

If that's not there though....there's not much that can be done.
Doesn't Mod Manager require SKSE? The team behind that just started work in the SE version.

Morokh

Doesn't Mod Manager require SKSE? The team behind that just started work in the SE version.

Nexus Mod Manager - No
Mod Organizer - No
MCM menu (which is derivative of SkyUi) - Yes

Don't know what you meant by Mod Manager exactly :p

The thing is, the guy who made Mod Organizer has joined with the guys on the Nexus to develop a new version of a mod manager which should be the best of both worlds, and as such has stopped updates on Mod Organizer.

Also you guys shouldn't distribute the SkyUI version I saw posted on the last page, it was removed for a reason.

inner-G

Banned
Anyone remember/know what that 'ugrids' thing was in Skyrim that made stuff render at high LoD further away?

I have a better card now so I think it'll help me if it still works in this version

Christine

uGridstoLoad is in Skyrim.ini, not SkyrimPrefs.ini.

But I'd recommend against fucking with it unless you back up your save files, any file you touch with that setting will eventually become unusable.

Wait for a DynDOLOD / TE5LODGEN update, it's a much better solution.

lazygecko

Increasing uGrids is a bad idea for actual gameplay because there are a lot of scripted events and stuff in the world that are dependant on the original uGrid threshold to trigger.

inner-G

Banned

But I'd recommend against fucking with it unless you back up your save files, any file you touch with that setting will eventually become unusable.

Ah ok. Glad I asked before I just looked up a tutorial!

Firehead

Anyone know of any mods for the SE that make leveling and combat more like Morrowind? Particularly, I want to be able to level jumping and sprinting by... jumping and sprinting (Plus, the insane jumping heights you could reach in Morrowind.)!

Or any mods that would make other aspects similar to Morrowind?

Didn't Sheson find a new alternative to ugrids in this engine? Something like large and medium sized objects drawn in detail for the extra grids, but not small objects and grasses, and no scripts and NPCs. So like a new medium range LOD.

Anyone remember/know what that 'ugrids' thing was in Skyrim that made stuff render at high LoD further away?
Didn't Sheson find a new alternative to ugrids in this engine? Something like large and medium sized objects drawn in detail for the extra grids, but not small objects and grasses, and no scripts and NPCs. So like a new medium range LOD.

Yes, use uLargeRefLODGridSize=21 in SkyrimPrefs.ini. It's safe but will only affect bigger objects.

Also heres vivid weathers link for peeps on X1:
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3014547
Really awesome. Loved his work in Fallout 4.

I tried it and don't like it at the moment.
It seems that there are several CK bugs that prevent the author to fully implement volumetric lighting and god rays. Without those the game looks a lot worse.

Sai

Is it truly impossible to implement SkyUI/MCM, or something similar on the Xbox One?

Happy about the extent to which you can mod the game, but changing settings via spells...

Ashodin

I can't wait until they fix the audio issues this week, man that 5.1 surround patch makes the compressed audio really sound like total dogshit

Immersive NPC - AI Overhaul is up.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/173/?

I always love these immersive mods. Oh, and of course this one as well.

Bowlegged jump animation fix
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2215/?

Tried and unfortunately all the previous stored stuff in my home chest vanished.
I had to remove SkyUI to the game show my stored stuff again :/

I guess that's an oversight, too bad. I haven't actually bought a house, maybe I'll try it later and see if it'll affect me or not.

I would like a mod that adds better wetness and puddles when it rains.

Anything like that? Even for vanilla skyrim?

This one?
Improved Puddles
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1462/?

Ashodin

Wish there were more lore-friendly hair and face mods. I feel like most people's solution to making characters look better is to glam them up, and that's really not my thing. I'm into mods that feel seamlessly integrated into the vanilla game, and most hair mods just don't achieve that.

lore-friendly? You consider Bethesda's terrible model designers lore-friendly?

Zexen

Wish there were more lore-friendly hair and face mods. I feel like most people's solution to making characters look better is to glam them up, and that's really not my thing. I'm into mods that feel seamlessly integrated into the vanilla game, and most hair mods just don't achieve that.
I use this mod for hairs as Apachii is really not my thing. You can easily install it through NMM via the archive, or by manually dragging the files, works fine.

For body/face textures (male and/or female), I use Xenius work with Mature Skin textures, slightly tweaked for being compatible and it produces a really lore-friendly results regarding character's faces/skin. Both are not currently compatible unless you modify them a bit.

I think I saw higher res vanilla hair mod the other day, but I can't find it right now. Maybe they took it down.

I use this mod for hairs as Apachii is really not my thing. You can easily install it through NMM via the archive, or by manually dragging the files, works fine.

For body/face textures (male and/or female), I use Xenius work with Mature Skin textures, slightly tweaked for being compatible and it produces a really lore-friendly results regarding character's faces/skin. Both are not currently compatible unless you modify them a bit.

Right, that one. I'm sure they've ported this over to SE. I guess there's something wrong with the port so they took it down for now.

Ashodin

I just need more options than "Caesar haircut" for short hair.

mulac

Can someone please point me on PC to where I can learn about these? I downloaded the SE via Steam last week and havent switched it on yet - what is "SkyUI" i keep reading about.

How do MODS work and how do i install them?

Is there a good place to look for Xbox Mods outside of the game that isn't Bethesda's site? They don't have a lot of good sorting, and Nexus is obviously PC only. Super helpful for my PC install but something that collects the best Xbox One stuff would be nice too.

StereoVsn

Nexus Mod Manager - No
Mod Organizer - No
MCM menu (which is derivative of SkyUi) - Yes

Don't know what you meant by Mod Manager exactly :p

The thing is, the guy who made Mod Organizer has joined with the guys on the Nexus to develop a new version of a mod manager which should be the best of both worlds, and as such has stopped updates on Mod Organizer.

Also you guys shouldn't distribute the SkyUI version I saw posted on the last page, it was removed for a reason.
Yeah, meant MCM menu and not Mod Organizer. Good news about Nexus and MO author joining forces. It's going to be best of both worlds.

Carlius

Banned
man i cant get past the intro..its just so bad and looks so ugly. are there any enbs or something that make it look good? any better hair and faces creator mod? SOMETHINGGG

Ashodin

LOOT is out for Skyrim Special Edition! (PC)

WHAT LOOT DOES:

• LOOT is a plugin load order optimisation tool for TES IV: Oblivion, TES V: Skyrim, TES V: Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4. It is designed to assist mod users in avoiding detrimental conflicts, by automatically calculating a load order that satisfies all plugin dependencies and maximises each plugin’s impact on the user’s game.

Get it here: https://bintray.com/wrinklyninja/lo..._0.9.2-140-g621eb49_better-update-checking.7z (must have 7z unzipper)

Has anyone played with Darkness Falls (darker nights) mod? The description says there's a water glitch that comes with it so I'm wary of installing.

Top Bottom