• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

Widge

Does mods via Bethesda.net bypass the need to mess around with loaders and external software? I miss Steam Workshop for that.

I hate it when mod authors showcasing their mod with ENB.

I'd rather have a before/after gifs and/or video with no other mods installed.

Well, I am trying to find the screenshots I just took... Where are they? I pressed print screen and it looked like the game UI popped up and said something about a .png file...

Well, I am trying to find the screenshots I just took... Where are they? I pressed print screen and it looked like the game UI popped up and said something about a .png file...

If you use prtscrn key from your keyboard, the screenshots should be in your root game folder, where the .exe files in. And yes, they should be in .png format.

If you use prtscrn key from your keyboard, the screenshots should be in your root game folder, where the .exe files in. And yes, they should be in .png format.

Thanks! Here they are. Sorry, no before and after. :/ Might do that later but it's way, way past my bedtime lol.

Code:
[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5748/30729483475_eaba930f14_o.png[/img]

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5453/30729485665_cf97a974f0_o.png[/img]

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5669/30729487065_59ed2e5d4f_o.png[/img]

EDIT: On my browser at least (EDGE) when I click on those images it stretches them out immensely to where they don't even fit on my screen from which they where taken. I don't know what I am doing wrong here. But if you just copy paste them into a blank page they load fine there.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
still can't use SOS, I feel sad :(

Immersive Sounds Compendium.

I also tried using the new CK last night to package the assets into a .bsa and prepare the mod for bethesda.net release. What I discovered was that this process also auto-converted the wavs into xwms with terrible compression quality. Didn't give you any parameters to manually specify bitrate or anything (much less even told you what it was doing. I had to manually inspect the bsa afterwards because I had my suspicions). This probably explains why it happened to the vanilla SSE sounds.

I don't really feel like releasing it on Xbox through bethesda.net until I find a workaround that doesn't compromide fidelity.

Ah cool, I am using it too! Really great mod!

Just sucks that the audio problem is really in the game itself. I keep hearing attack sounds louder even though I am far from them.

Thanks! Here they are. Sorry, no before and after. :/ Might do that later but it's way, way past my bedtime lol.

Code:
[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5748/30729483475_eaba930f14_o.png[/img]

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5453/30729485665_cf97a974f0_o.png[/img]

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5669/30729487065_59ed2e5d4f_o.png[/img]

EDIT: On my browser at least (EDGE) when I click on those images it stretches them out immensely to where they don't even fit on my screen from which they where taken. I don't know what I am doing wrong here. But if you just copy paste them into a blank page they load fine there.

That looks great indeed. I'm tempted but Skyrim Flora Overhaul has just ported as well, decisions..
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2154/
It seems that they're compatible with each other though, so I guess I can install both?

TheContact

I'm patiently waiting for the Dark Nights mod and Cloaks of Skyrim. The other ones I typically use are already ported.

Banned
Hey, guys. I have a simple question pertaining to mods on ps4. Since a new mod-tagged save file is created, what happens if I decide that mods aren't for me and I disable them? Do I lose all of the time played with mods and have to revert to my original un-modded saves? Or can I pick up where I left off with the mods, just without them now?

Thanks.

If you're in the market for a water mod try Realistic Water.
Massive improvement over vanilla:
BlbqWBa.jpg
The water looks less thick and it really helps with refelctions.

Didn't Sheson find a new alternative to ugrids in this engine? Something like large and medium sized objects drawn in detail for the extra grids, but not small objects and grasses, and no scripts and NPCs. So like a new medium range LOD.

Yes, use uLargeRefLODGridSize=21 in SkyrimPrefs.ini. It's safe but will only affect bigger objects.

Mother of...

That's such a huge improvement to LOD, with literally no impact on framerate for me. 60fps maxed out, i7 2600k at stock. Seriously, EVERYONE should make this tweak. The mountains will thank you! Quick before/after, but the new LOD draw distance goes well beyond the mountains:

30696377306_118569165f_o.gif

That looks great indeed. I'm tempted but Skyrim Flora Overhaul has just ported as well, decisions..
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2154/
It seems that they're compatible with each other though, so I guess I can install both?

Sorry to answer you late! Yeah, I pretty much flopped into bed right after that post lol.

Yup, both of them are compatable as the grass one that I posted only affects grass. He even says they are compatible somewhere on the mod page.

I didn't see the flora overhaul before I went to bed! Checking it out now!

If you're in the market for a water mod try Realistic Water.
Massive improvement over vanilla:

The water looks less thick and it really helps with refelctions.

Yup, this mod is awesome. Been using it for a bit and it looks beautiful.

Mother of...

That's such a huge improvement to LOD, with literally no impact on framerate for me. 60fps maxed out, i7 2600k at stock. Seriously, EVERYONE should make this tweak. The mountains will thank you! Quick before/after, but the new LOD draw distance goes well beyond the mountains:

OMG gonna try this asap! O_O

Just installed SFO and the grass mod. Took a massive hit on my framerate. Went from a locked 60fps to around 42. Urgh. This is on an i5 4690k and 970 OC. Gonna have to dial it back in the ini I think. Had these mods plus much more in vanilla and it ran fine.

On my browser at least (EDGE) when I click on those images it stretches them out immensely to where they don't even fit on my screen from which they where taken. I don't know what I am doing wrong here.

It does the same thing on Chrome and Firefox. It's got more to do with NeoGAF than your browser.

isoku's Realistic Water Two is much more advanced than the other water mod I posted. It also just looks better.
However, I also got my first crash with SSE after installing it. It seems many modders are having issues converting their mods. I heard it's the meshes that cause trouble.

heringer

Mother of...

Definitely a significant performance impact on my end. From 60 fps locked to drops to 40's when looking at some directions.

Lister

Banned
On PC, should I be using the Nexus mod manager and getting my mods from there, or the built in game mod manager?

Ploid 3.0

Nexus, it's better, more mods, and if something happens that causes a crash at startup you can easily fix it (you need to load the game to remove mods in the Bethesda manager. Maybe there's a way around it though).

Ashodin

Crossposting

IF YOU WANT OLD AUDIO ON PC BEFORE BETHESDA'S PATCH:

(YOU MUST OWN ORIGINAL SKYRIM TO DO THIS)

#1 - Get this program - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974/?
#2 - Extract Skyrim - Sounds.bsa into any folder you want (I used BAE's folder)
#3 - Use 7zip to compress it into a .7z archive
#4 - Use Nexus Mod Manager to install the archive over your original sounds.
#5 - Play without shitty sounds!

isoku's Realistic Water Two is much more advanced than the other water mod I posted. It also just looks better.
However, I also got my first crash with SSE after installing it. It seems many modders are having issues converting their mods. I heard it's the meshes that cause trouble.

Was thinking of getting this for xb1 but maybe I'll give it another week or two for kinks to be ironed out.

Angelina

Banned
I can't say I like this at all. Area around Whiterun looked like total shit after this. It was too clean, lacked the fog and atmospheric effects that masked some of the lower level LOD stuff.

seems to be an issue with vivid weathers aswell im guessing these weather mods need to be tested more instead of direct porting, hopefully true storms will shine here

I can't say I like this at all. Area around Whiterun looked like total shit after this. It was too clean, lacked the fog and atmospheric effects that masked some of the lower level LOD stuff.

Yup, it's terrible.
Vanilla weathers look very good actually. Much better than in 2011 Skyrim. Not sure it modders will be able to create better weathers.

Just picked up the PS4 edition....is there a list of must have mods, or suggestions? I know PS4 has a limited list and I've always been a console guy, so this is new to me. Can I break my shit?

Patchy

Banned
Immersive AI mod was causing a CTD whenever I fast travelled.

Tried a few different load orders for the same result. Not sure if a bug in the mod or just my machine.

Just an FYI for anyone thinking about installing it.

inner-G

Banned
Lame. A lot of other weather mods break fog and god rays too

Angelina

Banned
i really dislike how most character make over mods make everyone one look all plastic, total character makeover is a huge offender for this ):

sfried

For those of you looking for a grass mod, Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin just went up.

It's pretty awesome.

How do I install this? The Nexus Mod website doesn't give instructions other than "NMM, or MO." I assume NMM is Nexux Mod Manager, but I don't want to deal with having a 3rd party mod program for maintaining other mods (I mostly would prefer the official built-in mod manager). I also want to be able to have the ability to disable it later on.

Top Bottom