• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

TissueBox

Haven't dipped into the special edition yet but gotta say the modding scene here is in a buzz and I love it. Never woulda guessed 'til I walked into the subreddit. Then to find over a thousand mods already ported really does sent it home. Godspeed mod-makers and -lovers. :p

leng jai

Pretty impressed by how quickly we already have a number of the top mods from vanilla, the Skyrim modding community is insane. The visual mods available already make a night and day difference.

StereoVsn

Would anyone be willing to make some comparison shots using this? I really like the sound of this one
I hope it's not as plastic looking as some of the other character mods. Overall it certainly looks interesting.

Pretty impressed by how quickly we already have a number of the top mods from vanilla, the Skyrim modding community is insane. The visual mods available already make a night and day difference.

Yeah, the progress has been very fast. Really the main thing we are missing are SKSE and SkyUI.

Edit:

Speaking of UI there is a Mod out there on nexus that fixes 21x9 UI res. There are still a few issues it looks like but I played around for 30 min yesterday and things look good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ordinator perks overhaul is pretty fun. I always have a perk I'm looking forward too, and a lot of them are pretty cool. In vanilla you exaust the perks pretty quickly and they mostly only increase your damage output while in Ordinator they can change the way you play.

Yeah it also gives the sense of having a traditional "class" playstyle.

So.. where's the most essential mod Hide Helmet?

giphy.gif

Should I wait to get the Xbox One version to let the mod scene mature a bit?
Lots of good mods already but the longer you wait the more mods there'll be, and the higher quality of mods as well. Some of the big ones are already ported but there's some in progress and others that are still TBD.

My wife and I are both playing on xbox, if she enables a mod will it enable it for me on a different profile? Don't wanna miss my achievements but she doesn't caee about them.

Newboi

Man, my obsession is going to come back. I'll be modding Skyrim more than I'll be playing it. I'm refusing to start playing through the game until I feel like I'll have an appropriate amount of mods installed. I don't want to add too many new mods on a save file deep into the game and risk messing it up.

I've installed like 3 landscape/LOD mods previously and it seems that there's still glitchy LOD leftovers due to overwriting and uninstalling failure. They can be seen from my first pic from above, trees cut in half and yellow/white bushes LOD. They're so distracting at times. I can't find the culprit, I guess I'll have to reinstall the mods from fresh.

I cant believe I am about to mod Skyrim again...

Has someone posted a comparison between vanilla S.T.E.P. and modded and ENB'ed Skyrim Special Edition?

I have not gotten the Special Edition yet on ps4 and I am wondering if the mod scene is there and worth it yet. Are there any great mods out yet for ps4 that helps with magic or reworks magic?

Ashodin

Even without ENB, I'm already pleased with the mods so far. The game looks stunning.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to be content with my helmet on for now.
The ordinator mod has perks that give you the benefit of full armor without the helmet. So you can do that.

Can you use LOOT to fix your load order or do you have to fix it manually?
Yes. Check back a couple pages for my post.

Ah shit Windsong is out? Gotta try that.

Any mods that unlevel the world out for SE yet?

I might consider taking a break from my Requiem playthrough if such a thing is available since Ordinator exists. Could probably use another difficulty mod to add on to it to though.

I've installed like 3 landscape/LOD mods previously and it seems that there's still glitchy LOD leftovers due to overwriting and uninstalling failure. They can be seen from my first pic from above, trees cut in half and yellow/white bushes LOD. They're so distracting at times. I can't find the culprit, I guess I'll have to reinstall the mods from fresh.

I had the same issue. It seems NMM messes up mod uninstalls sometimes. Loose files can get left behind.

Man, my obsession is going to come back. I'll be modding Skyrim more than I'll be playing it. I'm refusing to start playing through the game until I feel like I'll have an appropriate amount of mods installed. I don't want to add too many new mods on a save file deep into the game and risk messing it up.

Haha, I'm right there with you. I've installed about a dozen mods, but have only played a few minutes to make sure they were all playing nice. I'm holding off on diving in until more of the big mods finish getting ported and tested.

justjim89

Pretty sure I'm gonna have to start a new game at 15 hours in. Open Cities is starting to really wig out, and uninstalling it makes all NPCs in a city disappear.

Shit.

inner-G

Banned
Cross-posting these from the screenshot thread. Installed RW2, SFO, Verdant and a few other things. Need to tweak my Verdant ini settings a tad, it makes it drop below 60 in some spots:

heringer

Any mods that change the 3rd person camera to always be like it is inside dungeons (over the shoulder even with weapon drawn)?

Mr Clutch

Armor and clothing has been trickling out the past couple days but nothing too substantial for consoles yet. Give it a week or so and we'll have a lot more to choose from.

I do recommend the Black Mage robes though. They look cool as shit.

Also Triss and Yennifer (Witcher 3) clothing is up.

Awesome thanks! I'll give both a look today.

Matty8787

Guys, little help please :)

I use LOOT usually on Skyrim but it doesn't seem to pick up SSE!

What load order should I put these in :

vE98YK7.png

Ashodin

Guys, little help please :)

I use LOOT usually on Skyrim but it doesn't seem to pick up SSE!

What load order should I put these in :

vE98YK7.png

Two pages back bruh

LOOT is out for Skyrim Special Edition! (PC)

WHAT LOOT DOES:

• LOOT is a plugin load order optimisation tool for TES IV: Oblivion, TES V: Skyrim, TES V: Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4. It is designed to assist mod users in avoiding detrimental conflicts, by automatically calculating a load order that satisfies all plugin dependencies and maximises each plugin’s impact on the user’s game.

Get it here: https://bintray.com/wrinklyninja/loot/LOOT#files/ (must have 7z unzipper)

Top Bottom