• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

For those of you using Verdant and SFO together, do not forget to turn off the SFO plugin. This allows you to replace the grass from SFO with Verdants instead of trying to use both. I missed this step in the instructions and was having major issues with my framerate like everyone else (even though I am running with a gtx1080 i56600k and at 3440x1440p) until I did this but this seems to have fixed it for me and I get a quite stable 60fps with only some dips that I think are being caused by some other mods like the SKYtest. I'm still trying to figure that out but at this point I really don't think it's the flora mods but I will continue testing. My settings this way are,

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15
iMinGrassSize=55

I also deleted the .ini that came with SFO with those settings in it and just copied and pasted those entire lines of settings to underneath the "[Grass]" section in the Skyrim.ini file for the special edition since they are absent if you don't.

Great find! I'll definitely tryt it out later at home.

Your wish has been granted!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2266/? - SkyHide - Hide Helmet Mod

Fantastic. It also has option which kind of headgear to hide. I think I only need to hide helmets & hats. Hoods, circlet, and masks can still be visible. Perfect.

I didn't actually think anyone played Skyrim in third person.

I never play Skyrim in first person, in fact.

heringer

Verdant looks good, but not worth the performance impact. imo. With reduced coverage I would rather just use the original foliage. It's not like it's barren like OG Skyrim, there's a good amount of coverage.

Ashodin

The super duper Character Creation from Oblivion and Morrowind is ported over!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2725/?

2725-2-1478233017.jpg

ALSO PUT A BIRD ON IT

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2315/?

23771-1-1368655932.jpg

Copper

For those of you using Verdant and SFO together, do not forget to turn off the SFO plugin. This allows you to replace the grass from SFO with Verdants instead of trying to use both. I missed this step in the instructions and was having major issues with my framerate like everyone else (even though I am running with a gtx1080 i56600k and at 3440x1440p) until I did this but this seems to have fixed it for me and I get a quite stable 60fps with only some dips that I think are being caused by some other mods like the SKYtest. I'm still trying to figure that out but at this point I really don't think it's the flora mods but I will continue testing. My settings this way are,

iMinGrassSize=55

I also deleted the .ini that came with SFO with those settings in it and just copied and pasted those entire lines of settings to underneath the "[Grass]" section in the Skyrim.ini file for the special edition since they are absent if you don't.

I'll have to try this. I'm running into some frame rate issues about 45-50 fps outdoors. This is with 6600k @4.6 and a 1070. (Running at 2560 X 1080 ) I have Noble and YALO installed as well as SFO. I have a feeling SFO might be the culprit. Even disabling reshade has no effect on my fps.

Derko1

Neo Member

iMinGrassSize=55

You're actually not supposed to make changes in the skyrim.ini if you're using both Verdant and SFO. Now SFO has it's own .ini and you're supposed to simply make the changes there. It's in your datafiles folder and you can actually run both and play with how much grass you actually want. It's now actually posted by the mod author at the top of the posts for the mod page.

For users with SFO + FPS Issues (thanks to cbons01):
Install Verdant after SFO and overwrite. *BUT*, his mod still loads the following:

skyrim flora overhaul.ini

This ini is located in the /common/Skyrim Special Edition/data folder.

You then need to go into the ini and edit it manually for Verdant:

[Grass]

iMinGrassSize=70

spk

This was so promising :( too bad the creator stopped working on it before anything was released

https://youtu.be/VCmiqfj8yuw

SkyReal is a weather and lighting modification in development for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. SkyReal will bring an immense variety of new weathers to Skyrim. SkyReal focuses to bring balance between realism and fantasy, while at the same time achieve natural and stunning visuals. With new high quality cloud textures and fine-tuned lighting, SkyReal brings new life to Skyrim's sunsets, sunrises, days, and nights, as well as dungeons and interiors.

https://abload.de/img/3485733-1384554481r8k1u.jpg

Why we still got hawks though?

hawks are so strong that weather does not affect them

e: I need some help:

I want to install Windsong, but it says that I should delete any other face/body mods. I currently have Total Character Makeover installed, but it doesn't show up in NMM. Does anyone know how to disable/delete TCM?

I've googled it but haven't found anything. The only other thing I can think of doing is downloading the 225mb to see if the readme says anything :S

ex2: it actually didn't effect Windsong at all so w/e

Recall

Are they any genuinely good or interesting mods on PS4?

Supposedly there are 380+ mods yet everything is close to garbage. Cheat chests, faster levelling and merchants with money :/

Supposedly there are 380+ mods yet everything is close to garbage. Cheat chests, faster levelling and merchants with money :/

Sony doesn't allow any external assets, even scripts, so that pretty much rules out everything other than number changes and maybe text edits, that kind of thing that can stay exclusively in an ESP.

I've just tested Verdant Grass for Special Edition. Note that I have an i7 4790K (stock) and GTX 970 but I know many have commented that it's plummeted their FPS in half, and it really shouldn't be doing that. So what I'll do is post my .ini description pertaining to grass and for others to use these settings.

I have used Verdant Grass since OG Skyrim and it has been utterly flawless, huge fields of grass, very dense and no FPS impact at all.

../My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/Skyrim.ini

The mod author recommends iMinGrassSize=70 but I can't remember if I had FPS drops or just didn't like the coverage, so I lowered the setting (by increasing the number) and found sweet spot at 80 for myself.

I just tested running through the fields outside Whiterun using the console command 'player.setav speedmult 300' (default = 100) so I run stupidly fast just for testing purposes. No drops at all. Smooth, flawless 60FPS.

If you were having FPS issues with Verdant Grass, please test using these settings as I have had good success with this mod and it deserves the attention, it was the biggest visual change for Skyrim for me and I would've missed it had it not been ported.

Edit: Screenshot.

MvOYnzX.jpg

Thanks, I did this and it worked was getting drops into the 40s now stable 60 fps. I'm not using SFO by the way just the Verdant Grass mod.

GTX 1060, i5 6500

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I've just tested Verdant Grass for Special Edition. Note that I have an i7 4790K (stock) and GTX 970 but I know many have commented that it's plummeted their FPS in half, and it really shouldn't be doing that. So what I'll do is post my .ini description pertaining to grass and for others to use these settings.

I have used Verdant Grass since OG Skyrim and it has been utterly flawless, huge fields of grass, very dense and no FPS impact at all.

The mod author recommends iMinGrassSize=70 but I can't remember if I had FPS drops or just didn't like the coverage, so I lowered the setting (by increasing the number) and found sweet spot at 80 for myself.

I just tested running through the fields outside Whiterun using the console command 'player.setav speedmult 300' (default = 100) so I run stupidly fast just for testing purposes. No drops at all. Smooth, flawless 60FPS.

If you were having FPS issues with Verdant Grass, please test using these settings as I have had good success with this mod and it deserves the attention, it was the biggest visual change for Skyrim for me and I would've missed it had it not been ported.
Thanks for this! Getting locked 60 @ 1080 on a 2gb GTX770 and i3 6100. So seems pretty light on :) Will keep this one running!

ISee

Edit: Screenshot.

MvOYnzX.jpg

This really works.

Before
After your ini tweak, slightly different weather and day time

There are a couple cool mods but nothing too exciting.
Here is what I've been using on PC that also works on PS4:

More Bandit Camps By Skillest: More bandit camps! Works, is balanced and it's always fun to discover new locations.
Hold Border Banners: Adds banners to hold borders. Nothing special but it adds some atmosphere.
Artifact Overhaul: One of the most balanced artifact mods I've tried. Changes some stats and effects on the artifacts to make them useful but not overpowered.
Lanterns of Skyrim - Special Edition: Adds lots of atmosphere by placing lanterns along the roads. I like it quite a bit, definitely try this one! There's another mod that does a similar thing but this one's from a very experienced modder so it's probably better implemented.
Point the Way: Adds road signs to intersections that didn't have them.

I've had my first crash to desktop, on the road right before Dawnstar. Always on that very spot. After minutes of investigation, the culprit was WICO. It served me well so far, but to bad I have to uninstall it for now.

I wonder if Total Character Makeover will be a good alternative?

Edit: It seems that I was still using an early version of WICO SE. There's already updates for the crashes issue.

Stitch

Gold Member
For those of you using Verdant and SFO together, do not forget to turn off the SFO plugin.

Nice, FPS seems to be stable now, thx 😊

There's a Beta Patch on Steam btw:

The 1.1.51 Update is available on Steam Beta. Please provide feedback here in our Beta boards. Stay tuned on the forums (and on Dev Notes) for updates on the status of our Xbox One and Playstation 4 updates.

Skyrim Special Edition 1.1.51 Update (PC Specific Changes)

Fixes

General performance and optimization improvements
Fixed rare issue with NPCs not appearing in proper locations
Fixed issue with saves erroneously being marked as Modded, even though no mods are active
Updated some sound files to not use compression

https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/3049/skyrim-special-edition-1-1-51-steam-beta

sfried

Whenever I have Verdant grass installed this happens to some textures. I don't see anyone else having this issue. The grass is all fine but other textures get messed up.

I've had this issue happen to me too, and this was before I started installing and playing with mods. I don't think it's the Verdant or any particular mod, just some data loading error (happens a lot in Whiterun after some time, usually occurs during fast-travel).

Whenever I have Verdant grass installed this happens to some textures. I don't see anyone else having this issue. The grass is all fine but other textures get messed up.

I was able to fix that issue by looking over my load order and sorting it a little more logical.

Top Bottom