• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
eXxy said:
You guys think this would set a new standard for fakes? Some of you don't follow the tech industry. :lol

Well I can't recall such an elaborate hoax in the games industry at least..(?)

LiK

gofreak said:
Well I can't recall such an elaborate hoax in the games industry at least..(?)

phantom-8.jpg

Vinci said:
Maybe they're wisely - dear lord, hopefully - going to release the Slim in a single SKU. I know, crazy talk. Fucking SKUs are ridiculous anyway, particularly if they're able to get the price down on this iteration.

I agree with someone with a Mario avatar for once.

But... you know you can't please everyone. Even today there are people who still argue that there should be a SKU without a Blu-ray player, a SKU without a hard drive, a PSN-only SKU, etc.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
_leech_ said:
Even today there are people who still argue that there should be a SKU without a Blu-ray player
:lol

How would that even work?

I don't see what's so ugly about these. It's no worse or better than the current design, IMO.

I hope they are BC but I'm sure that ship has sailed long ago. I'd love to get one of these and give my launch unit to my parents for a BR player/occasional golf game. Without BC, I'm not giving my launch unit to anybody, so that's right out the window!

J-Rzez

TheKingsCrown said:
I'm not being a Nintendo fanboy. Sony's 10 year cycle has been and will continue to be derailed. There's absolute chaos on the hardware markets right now, don't expect the current systems to be around as long as they're telling you.

It's obvious the person you were laughing at was talking about games. Not a 10-year cycle that they have never released a new system in even while destroying the competition before, why would they now? They'll continue to "support" the PS3 after releasing new hardware, just like they did the PS1 and PS2.

LiK

_leech_ said:

But... you know you can't please everyone. Even today there are people who still argue that there should be a SKU without a Blu-ray player, a SKU without a hard drive, a PSN-only SKU, etc.

that's not gonna happen.

gcubed

comedy bomb said:
So what's what? Is this supposed PSThree the short fat thing or the weird hook thing?

Either way it's horribly fake.

glad you follow the thread, your input is greatly appreciated.

Vinci

Danish
_leech_ said:

And all those should be ignored utterly as they're ridiculous. But I don't see anything ridiculous about having one SKU. It cuts down on confusion and makes your job marketing it a bit easier.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
LiK said:

It's not quite a hoax of an unannounced product from a major company tho.. :p And I know we've had those before too but I can't recall one as elaborate or plausible as this one.

_leech_ said:

If the only difference between each SKU is HDD size and maybe a bundled game or hdmi cable, then I don't see what the problem is.

Vinci

Danish
H_Prestige said:
If the only difference between each SKU is HDD size and maybe a bundled game or hdmi cable, then I don't see what the problem is.

Speaking of HDMI cables, does the PS3 have some particular cable it works with (I'm too accustomed to Nintendo with their custom plug-ins for everything) or is the standard HDMI cable applicable?

domlolz

Banned
Also why would Sony completely change the font-which makes the rest of their advertising/branding completely redundant?

Vinci said:
Speaking of HDMI cables, does the PS3 have some particular cable it works with (I'm too accustomed to Nintendo with their custom plug-ins for everything) or is the standard HDMI cable applicable?

Standard hdmi cable.

Scotch

Vinci said:
Any HDMI cable will do perfectly. And for the love of god don't spend more than 15 bucks on it. Hell I paid 7 euros for mine.

Vinci

Danish
Scotch said:
Any HDMI cable will do perfectly. And for the love of god don't spend more than 15 bucks on it. Hell I paid 7 euros for mine.

Sweet. Nah, I got one free when I bought my HDTV. Pretty awesome. I'm all sorts of love for the news in this thread: Possible $100 price drop, slim version, HDMI cable standard a-okay.

Yeah, I'm happy.

leech said:

:lol you know it's funny because those hypothetical SKUs could not function without those components.

birdchili

When contacted about the photos, a Sony rep responded, "We don't discuss rumors or speculations. Thanks for asking."
i'm not sure if being this rep is the most irritating or most hilarious job in the world right now. the "thanks for asking" is a nice touch:)

a relaunch with a new form-factor and a bunch of exclusive games seems like a not terrible idea for Sony this year.

Linkified

So quick question if this PSthree, is for real, are hdd's going to be the 2.5" SATA drives or would they maybe make it a proprietory harddrive solution.

birdchili

HUELEN10 said:
What if this were real were to stay at 400?
they wouldn't sell as many? and they'd have a much harder time getting good mainstream publicity for the redesign.

it's far better than the current design from what I can see, but i'm not sure that that's a legit sell-point for many people on its own.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This with onboard flash 16GB is what I think. The HDD takes up a good amount of space. Although, maybe not if they're looking to expand it more into a downloadable PSN moviebox.

I still think it's ugly though.

itxaka

Defeatist
Maybe is not a "slim" model yet, and it's only a redesign to save money thus not promoting it into the package?

I mean, the ps2 was slim....slim. This one still looks too big, more if you compare with the wii so I don't think they are ready for a "ultra slim" console yet.

*Hugs big ps3*

billy.sea

Banned
I think if Sony doesn't do a rebranding or major price cut soon, no matter how many or how good the games they have, it will always stay as a 3rd place console.

Many people want a Porsche and know it is hot, but that doesn't mean they will buy one.

lupinko

Linkified said:
So quick question if this PSthree, is for real, are hdd's going to be the 2.5" SATA drives or would they maybe make it a proprietory harddrive solution.

Well if they want to continue saving money, using 2.5" SATA drives would be the way to go with being cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom