• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What's good, GAF.

Anything new on the cancellation front? Has anybody had their US preorders canceled recently?

My Walmart preorder of 1 SNES is still holding strong. No new available funds authorization check on my account, either.

Yeah crossing my fingers, but it looks like those of us who still have have Walmart orders after that round of multiple quantity cancellations/reductions are probably in the clear.

What's good, GAF.

Anything new on the cancellation front? Has anybody had their US preorders canceled recently?

My Walmart preorder of 1 SNES is still holding strong. No new available funds authorization check on my account, either.
My preorder is still holding strong! Hopefully it stays that way and it gets delivered on the supposed release date. Mine's still showing for Oct 6th.

What's good, GAF.

Target order has been charged to my card 3 times. Wal-Mart order is still alive.

Got mine in. Never bought anything from the online section of the exchange. Hope they are timely and/or don't cancel.
During the Switch's launch I managed to pre-order one at Amazon (We have Prime) and one at Exchange and the one from Exchange showed up at my doorstep before Amazon even bothered to change the order status to "Preparing for shipment".

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Got mine in. Never bought anything from the online section of the exchange. Hope they are timely and/or don't cancel.

The Exchange is solid. I've never had an order cancelled and everything I've ordered is always shipped in nice packaging.

During the Switch's launch I managed to pre-order one at Amazon (We have Prime) and one at Exchange and the one from Exchange showed up at my doorstep before Amazon even bothered to change the order status to "Preparing for shipment".

Awesome. I was able to make an account add payment etc all of 10 minutes after wario tweeted. Pretty neat.

Yeah crossing my fingers, but it looks like those of us who still have have Walmart orders after that round of multiple quantity cancellations/reductions are probably in the clear.

My preorder is still holding strong! Hopefully it stays that way and it gets delivered on the supposed release date. Mine's still showing for Oct 6th.

Think we are fine at this point.

We should be in the clear by now, right? Today is the 2wk mark since the Walmart preorders went up.

This bullshit here is just unneeded anxiety.

Target order has been charged to my card 3 times. Wal-Mart order is still alive.

Yeah, Walmart only checked my bank account once and nothing since. I'm not worried about the funds.

I'm just going to go to my local toys r us and wait in line. I did that for the switch and it worked out. Gaf tipped me off that they were getting a second shipment in and I got to the store a half hour before it opened. After I got mine a couple came in 20 minutes later and got the last 2 while I was paying.

Man the site crashes whenever I attempt to create a profile. What a shitshow indeed. :(

I knew this would happen the moment I saw the post saying they will be up at a specific time. Big mistake of the website to announce it ahead of time, of course it was going to buckle under the traffic. That's why Amazon and others didn't announce when preorders will go live. No servers can handle the attack of the bots, so why give them an advance notice?

Credo

Is there a Wario64 equivalent for Japanese game announcements? I'd like to have a way to track the Super Famicom Mini being listed on Amazon JP and other places, but I don't have any idea who to follow.

TrojanAg

Yeah, it's shitty because there are people out there that want one, but retailers have been canceling left and right for dubious reasons so you probably don't want to cancel one just to get the one you keep canceled on you anyway.

I knew this would happen the moment I saw the post saying they will be up at a specific time. Big mistake of the website to announce it ahead of time, of course it was going to buckle under the traffic. That's why Amazon and others didn't announce when preorders will go live. No servers can handle the attack of the bots, so why give them an advance notice?

I can't imagine the online store operators aren't too happy about this either. Think about it, that means that for most of the day, no one will be able to buy anything on the site. That's a day's worth of lost sales across the board. I'd like to see how the higher ups will react.

Is there a Wario64 equivalent for Japanese game announcements? I'd like to have a way to track the Super Famicom Mini being listed on Amazon JP and other places, but I don't have any idea who to follow.

This is what I use: https://www.nowinstock.net/jp/

and I search on Amazon JP from time to time, since nowinstock can be a little late to add a listing especially for non-US countries. Here's a saved search on Amazon.co.jp for all products released by Nintendo, you can sort the results by release date, price, etc.

Top Bottom