• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Credo

This is what I use: https://www.nowinstock.net/jp/

and I search on Amazon JP from time to time, since nowinstock can be a little late to add a listing especially for non-US countries. Here's a saved search on Amazon.co.jp for all products released by Nintendo, you can sort the results by release date, price, etc.

Thanks. I've been checking NowInStock JP every day, but they still won't add a Super Famicom Mini tracker. I even submitted 2 sites to them over a week ago, but I guess they're not going to bother if it's not Amazon JP.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Was there ever an update on the Amazon "we don't know what the date will be" message and emails?

Mine is still there, but also still saying "shrug we dunno lols"

This is coming soon, huh. Getting two afaik.

I know the right thing would be to cancel one but...

I wouldn't cancel any extras. Who knows what can happen between now and when it's finally resting in your hands.

If you have a spare, consider selling it back to GAF. I'm sure someone will want it.

Madness

3+ hours wasted on the source in canada... eff Nintendo. So much for the anyone who wants one will be able to get one shit.

Indirectly grabbed one from exchange thanks to a coworker. I'm glad I was lookin' at GAF this morning. :D

I hope by "indirectly" you mean the co-worker is giving this to you as a gift because if any money exchanges hands, your co-worker could lose his exchange privileges for life. The rules about who can shop at the exchanges and what they can do with the items purchased there are very strict. Not only that, but exchanges are a benefit designed to thank and support those who have served. They aren't supposed to be abused by civilians looking to save on tax or to obtain an item that is meant to be sold to someone who has agreed to potentially give up their life in defense of this country.

Laurent

I hope by "indirectly" you mean the co-worker is giving this to you as a gift because if any money exchanges hands, your co-worker could lose his exchange privileges for life. The rules about who can shop at the exchanges and what they can do with the items purchased there are very strict. Not only that, but exchanges are a benefit designed to thank and support those who have served. They aren't supposed to be abused by civilians looking to save on tax or to obtain an item that is meant to be sold to someone who has agreed to potentially give up their life in defense of this country.

Just invite him to a really fancy restaurant. Problem solved!

Source.ca is back, but just every bit as slow and unstable as it was before the full crash. Still can't manage to pick a store to ship to. Goddamnit.

Laws00

God damn man!!
Over here making me feel scared and shit lol

I used to have a DoD card but when you reach a certain you can no longer get/use one

NeOak

Was there ever an update on the Amazon "we don't know what the date will be" message and emails?

Mine is still there, but also still saying "shrug we dunno lols"
I think you'll be fine. Worst-case scenario, you'll have to walk over to the neighbor's building at launch.

j/k obviously

evil ways

Right Serpico, I don't think the military will lose sleep over a tiny plastic video game emulator.

Has *anyone* been able to secure a unit from thesource.ca? I've been trying for almost 6 hours and it just doesn't want to get through... What a bunch of horseshit.

Don't you mean

hmm??? EEHH!?? Don't lie, guy! We're on to you...

Hope you get to keep them both :)

I have 9 pre-orders. Fight me.

In chronological order:

1x Amazon.co.uk
1x Amazon.de
1x Amazon.it
3x Amazon.com
2x Amazon.fr
1x Amazon.es

G L O B A L B O Y Z

Many of these will be cancelled once release date approaches and I know which options are lowest cost for me and some will be shipped to friends/GAFers.

Right Serpico, I don't think the military will lose sleep over a tiny plastic video game emulator.

Not the point champ. If you aren't entitled to shop at the exchanges (i.e. if you have not served this country or are not a dependent of someone who has served this country) and you're buying this through a surrogate, you are taking away the opportunity of people who have sacrificed a great deal for this country to utilize the few benefits and perks we have provided them. So, yes, you will probably get away with it, but it doesn't make you any less of a scumbag.

kyo2004

So, in our country, finally we have preorders for the SNES Classic (only Tienda Jumbo, Ktronix/Alkosto, Panamericana, Exito will follow next week). The catch?... almost double the price... :/

http://www.tiendasjumbo.co/consola-nintendo-super-nes/p

COP $429.900 = USD $147.95.

That's more than half the minimum wage here... :(. It's ridiculous that importing one from the US is way more cheaper (about USD $92).

Akoi

So far:

1x Wal-Mart order (2nd round on that random product page that no longer exists, ordered two but one was canceled)
2x The Exchange (thank you dad for your 20 years of service)

I really hope I get at least one of these or two total.(3 if I'm lucky)

FUCKING CHRIST!! I spent 6 fucking hours trying to get one on thesource.ca... I had to go out an hour and now BAM, it's gone! The product has been deleted! Has it sold out? What the fuck!

FUCKING CHRIST!! I spent 6 fucking hours trying to get one on thesource.ca... I had to go out an hour and now BAM, it's gone! The product has been deleted! Has it sold out? What the fuck!

Don't worry the site was pretty much dead the whole day until they deleted the product.

I honestly think no body was able to get an order in due to the flood

guyssorry

Don't you mean

hmm??? EEHH!?? Don't lie, guy! We're on to you...

Hope you get to keep them both :)

Haha nah. 100% serious. It's for my big sister. We kinda bonded through playing the SNES (Super Mario World, Mana) back in the day. She was excited to hear about the product, so I told her I would buy one for her.

I feel like I am in the clear, but I still cannot help being worried about a sudden cancellation. I'll be keeping my pinky toes crossed for me and everyone else in this thread.

Akoi

The Exchange just called me, they canceled one of my two orders...

well I have two on order now, lets hope it stays that way, I have ordered 6 at this point and only 2 of those are still valid.

The Exchange just called me, they canceled one of my two orders...

well I have two on order now, lets hope it stays that way, I have ordered 6 at this point and only 2 of those are still valid.
Same here. It's good though that they're limiting it to one per customer.

I got mine from Nintendo's official UK site months ago so I really hope everyone gets one. Feel like I'm holding onto a golden ticket for the Chocolate factory.

Yukinari

So the original 1st walmart wave was cancelled for everyone like a week later right? This 2nd wave seems like its locked in as long as you only ordered 1.

liquidtmd

Banned
I got mine from Nintendo's official UK site months ago so I really hope everyone gets one. Feel like I'm holding onto a golden ticket for the Chocolate factory.

Same, through Nintendo UK

I also had a Smyth's preorder which I cancelled when I got that.

Trouble is, slightly OT, I'm thinking of cancelling the Nintendo UK one also. I love the era. I like the games. The look of the device is appealing but....I know my current gaming habits. I know there's really high quality PS4 / current gen games hitting back to back pretty much for the next four months.

I got caught in the initial pre-order hype and it would be nice to have one but

A) for £70 - that's a new PS4 game and beer money.

B) I can't see me playing it a lot outside an initial few hours on launch

C) if I do cancel it, equally I'll probably feel I've lost out on a collector's item

Lol I'm indecisive

sonto340

Have any orders outside of the intitial accidental Walmart batch been cancelled? Haven’t been keeping up with the shit show. Are people scared for any good reason or are they just being paranoid.

Yukinari

Have any orders outside of the intitial accidental Walmart batch been cancelled? Haven’t been keeping up with the shit show. Are people scared for any good reason or are they just being paranoid.

Pretty sure only people who ordered more than 1 got cancellations. Thats what ive read a lot here.

Tall Paul

Same, through Nintendo UK

I also had a Smyth's preorder which I cancelled when I got that.

Trouble is, slightly OT, I'm thinking of cancelling the Nintendo UK one also. I love the era. I like the games. The look of the device is appealing but....I know my current gaming habits. I know there's really high quality PS4 / current gen games hitting back to back pretty much for the next four months.

I got caught in the initial pre-order hype and it would be nice to have one but

A) for £70 - that's a new PS4 game and beer money.

B) I can't see me playing it a lot outside an initial few hours on launch

C) if I do cancel it, equally I'll probably feel I've lost out on a collector's item

Lol I'm indecisive
Oddly enough I've been thinking the exact same thing, I was an still a huge SNES fan I know the kids would enjoy playing a couple of the platform games but I still think it will be short lived, with the One X on the way I'm thinking the money could go elsewhere.

Hansel

Banned
Are you BY CHANCE in the military?

This is a joke post right? If not this is a whole new low for people griefing others in this thread for helping someone out with a preorder. Would you say the same to my family members that take me to the Navy Exchange and dared to buy an item for me and I pay them back? Oh the humanity.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Did Nintendo ever say how many more units they making of the Snes classic than they did of the Nes classic? It feels like a repeat of last year.
Why only make them for a limited time? Why not year round and also start back making the nes classic as well? Why didn't they plan to make like 4x as many as last year? *sigh*

Cindro

Lmao, I've never seen Nintendo fans descend into madness quite like this.

And I only say "lmao" because I'm feeling it too. Gotta laugh through the pain! :D

*jumps off bridge*

Plum

Don't click the spoiler if you don't want to get mad at me:

I've had a preorder since the thing was announced but I'm not sure whether to keep it or cancel it

If I cancel it I'll post here just in case it becomes available on Amazon UK for a few moments afterwards

Lucent

This is a joke post right? If not this is a whole new low for people griefing others in this thread for helping someone out with a preorder. Would you say the same to my family members that take me to the Navy Exchange and dared to buy an item for me and I pay them back? Oh the humanity.

My thoughts, too. His friend used his ability to buy something from a military only store to help him out. He basically had a special ability to help him out. Nothing was lost. Some people need to chill.

Dr.Acula

Banned

I've had a preorder since the thing was announced but I'm not sure whether to keep it or cancel it

If I cancel it I'll post here just in case it becomes available on Amazon UK for a few moments afterwards

Are you really hurting for short-term cash, and holds are effing with your CC or something? If otherwise, I'd keep that pre-order, at the very least you can sell it very easily I'd imagine.

I don't think it works like that

So the original 1st walmart wave was cancelled for everyone like a week later right? This 2nd wave seems like its locked in as long as you only ordered 1.

Seems like it.

I missed all other preorder opportunities besides the 2nd round of Walmart preorders. Only preordered 1 unit, got the updated shipping date email, and nothing since then. Preorder is still "Procressing"

Kyari

I'm fairly sure Amazon preorders aren't a "one in, one out" system.

Exuro

If you actually want someone on gaf to get your preorder it would be better to keep it and arrange a way to sell/send it with said member.

Neff

On the subject of Exchanges, I asked a coastguard friend of mine to get a US console for me and ship it to the UK. He used his local exchange and he didn't have a problem with that.

3+ hours wasted on the source in canada... eff Nintendo. So much for the anyone who wants one will be able to get one shit.

At launch, no. Demand is insane and the stock just isn't there.

In the months to come? That remains to be seen.

Top Bottom