• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Kildrek

If the stock thing is true, I don’t feel so...attached to the second preorder I got to give to my buddy as a wedding gift then.

I was gonna do it, but I was conflicted because I’m a bad person.

B.K.

It would be great if those numbers are true, but I don't believe it. I'm leaving this Saturday to go on vacation. I'm going to be coming back next Friday. I'll probably find a 24 hour Wal-Mart to camp out Thursday night and stop at every Wal-Mart and Gamestop on the way home to try and find one.

how do you connect it then?
If you're getting the American model, it comes with AC adapter. If you're getting European one, it comes with the USB power cable, just plug it into any USB port (TVs have USB ports, PS4 or any modern console has USB ports that will work) or you can use a phone/tablet charger you already have.

hwy_61

Banned
If you're getting the American model, it comes with AC adapter. If you're getting European one, it comes with the USB power cable, just plug it into any USB port (TVs have USB ports, PS4 or any modern console has USB ports that will work) or you can use a phone/tablet charger you already have.

ah yeah, i forgot to mention that im getting the EU model. awesome, thanks!

It's common af now? Now I don't want it ;p

Scalpers can just return it, they have 30-60 days which is forever in resell world
Like I said in another thread, consoles should really be all sales final/ exchanges only.

Might cancel my extra European model now
Should've traded a snes classic for nes classic 👀

Among the UK stores that have already done pre-orders, does anyone know which ones offered shipping to the US? Starting to consider canceling/returning one of the two US models I have pre-ordered and picking up a PAL version as a backup once these stores get more in stock after the 29th.

Among the UK stores that have already done pre-orders, does anyone know which ones offered shipping to the US? Starting to consider canceling/returning one of the two US models I have pre-ordered and picking up a PAL version as a backup once these stores get more in stock after the 29th.

Amazon UK, France, Germany, and Spain all ship to US (and to most other countries). System is identical across all Europe.

Amazon France seems to have the most stock and put up pre-orders several times so far. They had it up for a full hour the other day, and they had it up again two times today. Costs 90 Euros shipped to US.

Amazon UK, France, Germany, and Spain all ship to US (and to most other countries). System is identical across all Europe.

Amazon France seems to have the most stock and put up pre-orders several times so far. They had it up for a full hour the other day, and they had it up again two times today. Costs 90 Euros shipped to US.

Thanks, that sounds great. I'll keep an eye out on Amazon.fr over the next few days.

SOLDIER

Think this will get cracked to play ROMS like the NES Classic? The latter didn't require any hardware modding, right? Just a modded SD card or something?

If that becomes the case for the SNES Classic, it would make me pretty stoked. I would love to just use it as a definitive SNES box.

Megatron

Think this will get cracked to play ROMS like the NES Classic? The latter didn't require any hardware modding, right? Just a modded SD card or something?

If that becomes the case for the SNES Classic, it would make me pretty stoked. I would love to just use it as a definitive SNES box.

I would say definitely. Really really hard to make something completely hack proof. Especially something that will never get an online update to patch it.

tootie923

I cancelled my Walmart and Amazon US orders. Hopefully my Amazon UK order will still go through. It's listed as shipping on Sept 28th.

SOLDIER

I would say definitely. Really really hard to make something completely hack proof. Especially something that will never get an online update to patch it.

How did the NES ROMS run on the Mini? Was it comparable to the best NES emulator?

I'm trying to mess around with Retroarch, but if all I have to do is have a card with dumped ROMS in it, the SNES Classic would be much more convenient...assuming my Wal-Mart order sticks.

My Wal-Mart pre-order was made with a credit card that I had to replace. It's getting cancelled isn't it?

this is happening to me too. I contacted walmart and they said it will 100% be cancelled :(

Im really hoping the person I talked to didnt know what they were talking about. How is there not a way to change an order, makes no sense

I talked to 7 or 8 different agents (phone, chat, email) and was finally escalated to someone who in turn escalated me to the orders department.

That person claims — claims — that when the card ties to get charged and failed, we will get an e-mail giving us options including "try a different card".

So while the card can't be changed now, but hopefully can be changed then.

Odds of this being true: 17%

Either way I think we can all agree: Walmart sucks

My debit card linked to my checking account is being deactivated tomorrow (thanks, Bank of America) and I have a new debit card.

I updated the card in the Credit Cards section of the Account page of wal-mart.com, and the person I spoke to on the phone said that if the card on the order doesn't work, that it'll try charging the card from the Credit Cards section of the Account page.
That's what they said / what I was told, anyway...

But, but people told me Nintendo didn't learn or do anything after the NES Classic based on preorders (despite the fact that we got preorders this time)....

Ashhong

I don’t know why anyone would cancel their preorder. You can always return it. You can’t guarantee that you’ll be able to find one though.

Persona7

Banned
My local Target apparently has four boxes but they don't know how many are in each box. Anyone know how many NES classics fit into a single box direct from the factory?

But, but people told me Nintendo didn't learn or do anything after the NES Classic based on preorders (despite the fact that we got preorders this time)....

They are definitely doing better this time around but pre-orders were a total, unorganized clusterfuck.

Still, they look to be getting much more product out onto the shelves.

chrono01

I really hope stock isn't an issue as several Canadian website have still yet to make pre-orders available. I guess I'm camping the F5 key come release...

spad3

Unless of course they're brave enough to try "Playing the Float."

Too risky for such a high-demand item. They're not going to do that whatsoever. Some low-traffic stores usually don't even get non-reserve units for high-demand items, they usually get the pre-allocated amounts only so floating isn't an option.

Awesome! I appreciate it.

no prob.

I'm probably not going to forget but do they call to remind you?

Depends on the reserve amount, they usually call but for a high-demand item, they probably won't.

ToonLink

Tried to cancel my Smyths Toys order, but their website doesn't have a way to cancel any orders, and they're not responding to emails. Great...

Ended up getting one at ~$105 shipped USD, which isn't too bad. $20 more than the NA model but a small price to pay in the end.

BTW, I know that the Amazon UK/ES/FR sites say on the SNES product page that they won't ship to the US, but obviously US customers have been able to pre-order for weeks now. I remember there being some concern that Amazon might issue cancellations as we got closer to release. Was there ever any confirmation from Amazon as to whether or not these pre-orders would be fulfilled for US customers, or is it still a "wait and see" sort of thing?

Top Bottom