• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Ended up getting one at ~$105 shipped USD, which isn't too bad. $20 more than the NA model but a small price to pay in the end.

BTW, I know that the Amazon UK/ES/FR sites say on the SNES product page that they won't ship to the US, but obviously US customers have been able to pre-order for weeks now. I remember there being some concern that Amazon might issue cancellations as we got closer to release. Was there ever any confirmation from Amazon as to whether or not these pre-orders would be fulfilled for US customers, or is it still a "wait and see" sort of thing?

As I said in an earlier post:

Naked Snake said:
I buy from all Amazon sites all the time and never once did my orders not get delivered even when the product page said it doesn't ship to my country. As long as it let's you checkout and place the order, you're good. If they were going to cancel they would have done it shortly after you placed it, not weeks/months later.

Green Yoshi

I'm just hoping that this thing can be modded to add more games. I want to add Turtles in Time to this bad boy. :p

When will we get the confirmation if that's the case? There are so many great SNES games I want to play. If there is no way to hack it, I will use the controllers of the SNES Mini on my Wii.

When will we get the confirmation if that's the case? There are so many great SNES games I want to play. If there is no way to hack it, I will use the controllers of the SNES Mini on my Wii.

Anyone know if SNES classic controllers work on NES Classic? Since that one is already 100% hacked it would be cool to use all the SNES buttons in SNES games.

Penguin

If you're in NYC

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/910866826548191232

DKQL_I5VAAcc2QG.jpg

Better off just scanning the forum there; the alerts are often very late compared to the heads up you'll get from posters.

Disagree. The email alerts for me have even been ahead of Wario64.
The text alerts are late, yes. But not the email alerts.

So it's going to be a party for people who are 90?
Well, that's bound to be an exciting time.

(If they meant for the decade of the '90s, it should be '90s, not 90's)

maxcriden

Can anyone who ordered amiibo or something previously give a ballpark of how long standard Amazon UK shipping takes to arrive in the US? Do you get tracking info with it? Do you need to sign for it?

Edit: says arriving Oct 5-10, will dispatch 9/28. Will it really come that fast? And are int'l orders pretty reliable? Everytime I've ordered something from JP or a random EU country (from sites other than Amazon, I don't think I've ordered from any int'l Amazon site before) it's come much later I think... at least for JP.

Can anyone who ordered amiibo or something previously give a ballpark of how long standard Amazon UK shipping takes to arrive in the US? Do you get tracking info with it? Do you need to sign for it?

Edit: says arriving Oct 5-10, will dispatch 9/28. Will it really come that fast? And are int'l orders pretty reliable? Everytime I've ordered something from JP or a random EU country it's come much later I think... at least for JP.

Opposite of my experience. I always get my int'l Amazon orders much earlier than the estimated date they give. But I don't live in the US.

maxcriden

Opposite of my experience. I always get my int'l Amazon orders much earlier than the estimated date they give. But I don't live in the US.

That's good to know, thank you. I didn't mean Amazon orders, BTW. I meant like random other sites, esp. eBay. (It seems like your country is much closer to the UK based on your profile, so that makes sense.)

That's good to know, thank you. I didn't mean Amazon orders, BTW. I meant like random other sites, esp. eBay. (It seems like your country is much closer to the UK based on your profile, so that makes sense.)

I mostly buy from Amazon, and mostly from Amazon US, and those arrive very quick, same with Amazon Japan, and those two countries couldn't be farther away from me :)

Most "random other sites" don't ship to my country, and if they do they don't offer customs clearance in advance like AmazonGlobal does, so yeah I stick with Amazon. eBay's Global Shipping Program is good (similar to AmazonGlobal) but not many sellers on eBay ship via that program, so I rarely go to eBay except when I can't find what I need on Amazon.

maxcriden

I mostly buy from Amazon, and mostly from Amazon US, and those arrive very quick, same with Amazon Japan, and those two countries couldn't be farther away from me :)

Most "random other sites" don't ship to my country, and if they do they don't offer customs clearance in advance like AmazonGlobal does, so yeah I stick with Amazon. eBay's Global Shipping Program good (similar to AmazonGlobal) and I use it when I can't find what I need on Amazon, but that's rare.

Oh wow, that is comforting and very helpful to know, then. Thank you. Do you get tracking info on those int'l orders? Like step by step info? A lot of other sites don't give such tracking info when sending to US.

I’ve had My Amazon UK preorder since June and it’s scheduled to ship on the 28th or before. Should I still go stand in line at a retailer or am I good?

Oh wow, that is comforting and very helpful to know, then. Thank you. Do you get tracking info on those int'l orders? Like step by step info? A lot of other sites don't give such tracking info when sending to US.

Yes for tracking info. They're usually shipped with DHL in my experience.

To my country Amazon usually only offers two shipping speeds (AmazonGlobal Priority and AmazonGlobal Expedited. I use the cheaper Priority option) but I noticed recently when shipping orders from Japan and Europe to the US, you can select from multiple options, like 3 or 5. I make sure to select the cheapest one that has AmazonGlobal in the name, since that ensures that it will be shipped with a good courier and there will be no import tax surprises when it arrives.

8 days to go boys and girls!

Already planned to focus on playing my SNES all weekend. That case that went up on Amazon looks pretty hideous. The one that I got for my NES Classic was a lot classier. Hopefully that company is also planning on releasing a case.

dock

I have a couple of spare UK pre-orders that I might end up cancelling. I should check if any friends are after them first tho.

I've had My Amazon UK preorder since June and it's scheduled to ship on the 28th or before. Should I still go stand in line at a retailer or am I good?
Amazon have been pretty good with hardware delivery. They haven't messed up any of my orders since the Wii U launch.

jrcbandit

Why is everyone cancelling? What did I miss?
I think it's mostly people cancelling foreign orders or rip off bundle orders because it won't be as scarce as NES classic at launch with up to 4x the numbers at specific stores. But it's still guaranteed to sell out day 1...

Syriel

Unless those scalpers already sold their pre-orders before launch, then they'll be laughing, not crying.

Depends. If they did it locally, and with cash in hand, they're good and it's the buyers that will be crying.

If they did it via eBay/Paypal and don't make that 30 day delivery window, buyers can demand a refund.

Of course that all depends on supply. No one knows for sure if this will be another NES Mini or a Wii U situation.

I would say definitely. Really really hard to make something completely hack proof. Especially something that will never get an online update to patch it.

Pretty easy to do here. Remove the USB port from the design. Epoxy the board after flashing. Not "completely hack proof" but effectively so for most people.

When someone gets a retail unit in hand.

Unconfirmed leaks/reports that there will be tons of units at retail on launch day. Like single Target locations getting as many as 300 per store, and the lowest like 60.

Which still doesn't make sense to cancel. Pre-order is a guaranteed copy. Why cancel when you have one (essentially) in hand?

maxcriden

Yes for tracking info. They're usually shipped with DHL in my experience.

To my country Amazon usually only offers two shipping speeds (AmazonGlobal Priority and AmazonGlobal Expedited. I use the cheaper Priority option) but I noticed recently when shipping orders from Japan and Europe to the US, you can select from multiple options, like 3 or 5. I make sure to select the cheapest one that has AmazonGlobal in the name, since that ensures that it will be shipped with a good courier and there will be no import tax surprises when it arrives.

Oh, I see. I wonder what kind of shipping I have. Let me check. Thanks for all this info!

Standard Delivery (6-10 business days)
(currently selected)
AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping (5-9 business days)

AmazonGlobal Standard (9-12 business days)

AmazonGlobal Priority (2-4 business days)

Sadly it seems I've done Standard Delivery, not knowing AmazonGlobal was so crucial. :( I'm loathe to change speed now lest it mess up the order.

inner-G

Banned
Pretty easy to do here. Remove the USB port from the design. Epoxy the board after flashing. Not "completely hack proof" but effectively so for most people.

But then they'd need to manufacture/include some sort of power cable/adapter. USB is how it gets juice.

Unconfirmed leaks/reports that there will be tons of units at retail on launch day. Like single Target locations getting as many as 300 per store, and the lowest like 60.

If I've got a guaranteed preorder, I don't see the logic in cancelling that to deal with a B&M location for one of these things. They may be piled high to the ceiling but you're still gonna be dealing with long lines and whatever else.

Oh, I see. I wonder what kind of shipping I have. Let me check. Thanks for all this info!

Standard Delivery (6-10 business days)
(currently selected)
AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping (5-9 business days)

AmazonGlobal Standard (9-12 business days)

AmazonGlobal Priority (2-4 business days)

Sadly it seems I've done Standard Delivery, not knowing AmazonGlobal was so crucial. :( I'm loathe to change speed now lest it mess up the order.

In the last week alone I've changed speeds, addresses, and payment methods numerous times on my SNES Mini pre-orders (I sold like 10 of them). Nothing went wrong. But don't come crying to me if yours gets messed up, I'm just relaying my experience :)

Granted I haven't done it on Amazon UK, that's the only Amazon site I haven't done it at, cause that unit is getting shipped to me.

Which still doesn't make sense to cancel. Pre-order is a guaranteed copy. Why cancel when you have one (essentially) in hand?

If I've got a guaranteed preorder, I don't see the logic in cancelling that to deal with a B&M location for one of these things. They may be piled high to the ceiling but you're still gonna be dealing with long lines and whatever else.

I think people are only cancelling extras they kept for various reasons (safety measure, friend, to resell). Nobody is cancelling their only pre-order. Edit: or overpriced bundles.

cordy

Banned
I used Amazon credit for mine so I'll let ups deliver it. It's not like I could have played during the day anyway. I clock out around the time UPS arrives.

I was literally about to come in and post about thinking to cancel, then i see all the other posts saying the same.
I should clarify though that it is my only pre-order and via amazon.
Call me crazy but I just can't justify the price when the only games i will play on it are zelda, mario world and yoshi's island(played all the other games to death before and these 3 are the only ones i would still replay over and over).
Shame it doesn't have donkey kong 2 and 3 on it, that might just about sway me but it's not that big a loss as i'm sure these games will end up on switch in 2-3 years or so.

I see some newly listed systems on eBay for $170
Going down and down
Resellers shook

The ones that sold it before hand should be shook too because you can easily return it within like 60 days
eBay is all buyer, even if you put all sales final

Just saw one for $160 lol

Well. I had two orders. One shitty $160 bundle from Thinkgeek and one order from Walmart. These stock rumors certainly gave me enough confidence to cancel my Thinkgeek order. Fuck you, Thinkgeek!

Gojeran

This is good news. I definitely want one eventually but I'm not in a rush. I hope to buy on from Europe as I prefer the design and controller to the US version. Hopefully global stocks are as high as they are apparently supposed to be here.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well. I had two orders. One shitty $160 bundle from Thinkgeek and one order from Walmart. These stock rumors certainly gave me enough confidence to cancel my Thinkgeek order. Fuck you, Thinkgeek!

Everyone should cancel their thinkgeek orders. Fuck that corporate scalping bullshit.

Top Bottom