• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Nintendo should sell extras. There are many people who want to use the new controllers for other things other than SNES mini. Hell, that could make them more money than the consoles themselves.

Zen Aku

I wouldn't worry. My Wal-Mart order looks the same. A couple weeks ago I contacted customer support to see if I could change my delivery address, I also asked if there was any chance of me losing my order, and the rep told me no.
We're you able to change your shipping address?

Those of you who did not preorder, will you be camping out? If so, how early should you get there?

For the NES Mini I showed up to my Walmart 1.5 hours before midnight and was barely able to make the cut. I live in a small city and Walmart only received 6. If the reports are true and there will be more units available I would still go in 2 hours early.

Chiramii

Considering each system comes with 2 controllers, I'm sure there are going to be some people who don't plan on playing multiplayer who will sell the 2nd controller.

Or you can look at another possible outcome. Only a fraction of the people that get their hands on the SNES Mini is gonna bother selling it. :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's a week out, but has any stores reported on receiving their stock yet? I'm watching my Bedt Buy status like a hawk this week!

One of my three walmart orders got canceled this morning, and less than an hour later amazon.es let me know they wouldn't be able to get my order to me before the end of October. Bummer.

One of my three walmart orders got canceled this morning, and less than an hour later amazon.es let me know they wouldn't be able to get my order to me before the end of October. Bummer.

Makes you wonder much supply there will be beyond the initial shipment.

Buddy at work had a couple of his cancelled from Walmart today as well.

Einhandr

I tried to create a brand new account and it eventually began asking for address info.

This isn't a brand new account in that sense. It uses the information you already provided from your order. It just needs you to create password to finish the process. Not saying you have to do it, but I did (like 2 days ago) and didn't have to enter any of my information again (and certainly not a UK address).

Lucent

I wonder if I can go in around midnight on Thursday and see if Walmart will be selling them.

I'd call near release and see how they're handling it. The one I work at we handed out numbers for the NES classic around 10pm so they were all spoken for well before midnight came.

Ending up having to register my email with Game, even though the confirmation email lead me to the site...

Anyways, did the whole registration using fake addresses and numbers. Says I have no orders.

Going to assume it was cancelled without me getting an email. If it wasn’t cancelled I’ll be a bit upset because I would have had I way to cancel and not sure how I would get my money back if I won’t want it now.

Ending up having to register my email with Game, even though the confirmation email lead me to the site...

Anyways, did the whole registration using fake addresses and numbers. Says I have no orders.

Going to assume it was cancelled without me getting an email.

Do you have an order number? Send them an email and ask.

Nice look at the poster it comes with.

tumblr_owpdeaMO8i1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

Going to assume it was cancelled without me getting an email. If it wasn't cancelled I'll be a bit upset because I would have had I way to cancel and not sure how I would get my money back if I won't want it now.

Do you need to have an account? I ordered from the US and received an order number confirmation with pending paypal payment in June. Haven't heard anything since then and I never registered anything(I don't think)

Do you need to have an account? I ordered from the US and received an order number confirmation with pending paypal payment in June. Haven't heard anything since then and I never registered anything(I don't think)

Yeah that’s the last thing I know.

I was hoping I could look to see if and when it will ship.

Has it been confirmed for certain that the NES classic controller extension cables will work with the SNES Classic since they are the same port type? No way will the stock cord reach my couch lol

NeOak

Has it been confirmed for certain that the NES classic controller extension cables will work with the SNES Classic since they are the same port type? No way will the stock cord reach my couch lol

They are the same port, same cables. Heck, you can even use nunchuck extension cables.

Oh shit, can you tell me when you placed your amazon.es order? I haven't heard from them about mine.

Time stamp on my confirmation email is Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:00 AM (MDT).

Important (translated) part...

"Sorry to inform you that because you have exhausted the number of units we had available product for delivery in the original delivery date, we can not send it until the end of October. However, as soon as we receive new units, we will process your request and send you an e-mail confirmation with all the details of the shipment."

Time stamp on my confirmation email is Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:00 AM (MDT).

Important (translated) part...

"Sorry to inform you that because you have exhausted the number of units we had available product for delivery in the original delivery date, we can not send it until the end of October. However, as soon as we receive new units, we will process your request and send you an e-mail confirmation with all the details of the shipment."

Mine was placed on the same day as you (not sure about the time)... hmm, I hope mine doesn't get delayed.

Top Bottom