• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

bronk

Banned
I ordered a second one from Amazon Germany as a backup system in case I couldn't get one. Im thinking of cancelling it now.

Pikma

Banned
I've been waiting to hear from you about that. Good looking out.

Did they say anything else? Can we assume everyone will get theirs too?
Rep told me you'd have to ask personally, she didn't want none of this "waiting for Pikma to ask for me" stuff

yes, her wording seemed to imply all orders would be fulfilled without any delays, warehouse are expecting the shipments to arrive on time.

BorntoPlay

please cancel all your multiple amazon preorders, i need one and amazon is my only hope.....

By the way. anyone from atlanta who can help me with an order from amazon fresh?

Denali

I checked my stuff on the site and it says delivered? But has a different date for when it is supposed to be here. Anyone else have this?

Same thing here. Pretty confident it's just a bug with the site. If you click on "Track", it'll say that it's preparing to ship.

I checked my stuff on the site and it says delivered? But has a different date for when it is supposed to be here. Anyone else have this?
Nope. But mine doesn't have an image for the item and still has the Oct. 5th delivery date.

Now I'm worried that some of you have images and proper delivery dates. Really hard to trust Walmart not to fuck this up somehow, even at the 11th hour.

x8at81B.png

Denali

Nope. But mine doesn't have an image for the item and still has the Oct. 5th delivery date.

Now I'm worried that some of you have images and proper delivery dates. Really hard to trust Walmart not to fuck this up somehow, even at the 11th hour.

x8at81B.png

His screenshot is from Target, not Walmart.

Carlisle

Walmart finally canceled one of my two orders. I knew this day would come, but as we got closer and my order stayed intact, I started to get excited. My heart fucking stopped when the subject line said "Items from your order have been canceled." But confirmed on my account page that it was just the one. Fair enough, though. The 2nd was going to be a wedding gift for my cousin and his fiancee, but if Nintendo's accurate about its bolstered production for this thing, it shouldn't be a problem to get another.

x8at81B.png

My Walmart order is the same way. Product image is gone, preparing order, etc.

Still undecided on which model to keep, EU or US.

I love the look of that EU model but I can’t check status because I ordered from Game. If I try to create an account to check it will require a UK address and stuff, which I do not have and worry it will mess with my order and someone in the UK will get a free console.

Help me GAF!

scurker

Friend got pre-order at Best Buy but has since sold his house. He's worried about delivery because you can't change the address online.

Can he call or anything?

Best Buy's system is really stupid. If a pre-ordered item is out of stock, you can't change any details about the order. My guess is when you change an order, their system treats it as a "new" order, and since the SNES Classic is out of stock it prevents you from changing any details.

I had this same issue with FFXI on PS4 when I moved and couldn't change to store pickup or the shipping address. However, once the order shipped Best Buy was able to call UPS and intercept the package in route to ship to my new address. It sucks, but have your friend call Best Buy once he receives a shipping notification.

Apples_89

I love the look of that EU model but I can’t check status because I ordered from Game. If I try to create an account to check it will require a UK address and stuff, which I do not have and worry it will mess with my order and someone in the UK will get a free console.

Help me GAF!

So you're able to create a new account on GAME and transfer existing orders placed as a guest to that new account? If so, this may make the process of cancelling much easier.

So you're able to create a new account on GAME and transfer existing orders placed as a guest to that new account? If so, this may make the process of cancelling much easier.

I’m guessing so since my Game confirmation email has a link to check status and that link of course then states I need account.

After it’s created I have no clue what happens. I keep stalling because I don’t want to risk losing the SNES Classic.

US version I have (3) of so I’m okay there. Target account was already active.

(1) for 10/6 and (2) for 10/11.

If 10/6 successfully goes through then other two get cancelled. If all three ship same time then oh well, it’s off to Target I go to make returns.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really hope that by this time next week my SNES has shipped from Walmart.

Saganator

x8at81B.png

I wouldn't worry. My Wal-Mart order looks the same. A couple weeks ago I contacted customer support to see if I could change my delivery address, I also asked if there was any chance of me losing my order, and the rep told me no.

Rival

Gold Member
So I have a preorder with Walmart and the card I had used for my order was stolen so I had to replace it. I updated the new card on my account. Hopefully the order still goes through. I'll be so pissed if it gets cancelled.

Damn, all three Target orders went through at the same time.

Guess I’m going to need to head out to Target in a week or two.

That or some Long Island GAFer wants to come get them. :D

BorntoPlay

Help me GAF!

I gladly take your US order for you...

inner-G

Banned
Will SNES controllers be available for purchase? Don't really need the SNES Mini when I have the NES version.

I just use an adapter for my NES classic. It makes your system see your original NES/SNES controllers as the classic controllers it ships with.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does the NA version have concave buttons? Hopefully I can swap the buttons with my original sfc controller.

Carlisle

Does the NA version have concave buttons? Hopefully I can swap the buttons with my original sfc controller.

I saw some early promo shots that showed all 4 buttons as convex and my heart sank. But I saw it in person at PAX a couple weeks ago and the XY buttons were definitely concave. Must've been an early unit they used for the announcement or something.

robrueda

I just use an adapter for my NES classic. It makes your system see your original NES/SNES controllers as the classic controllers it ships with.

What adapter is that? Would I be able to conect such adapter to a Wii Remote and use a NES OG controller on the Wii U VC?

Einhandr

I’m guessing so since my Game confirmation email has a link to check status and that link of course then states I need account.

After it’s created I have no clue what happens. I keep stalling because I don’t want to risk losing the SNES Classic.

US version I have (3) of so I’m okay there. Target account was already active.

(1) for 10/6 and (2) for 10/11.

If 10/6 successfully goes through then other two get cancelled. If all three ship same time then oh well, it’s off to Target I go to make returns.

I clicked the link in my email and created an account and nothing happened except now I can login and check my order status as well as cancel my order if I want.

Top Bottom