• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Kaibutsu

I don't even have any words about how stupid this entire preorder situation has been... Literally screwing out an entire geographic segment of your customers... Fucking Nintendo, Best Buy, Amazon or whoever made this stupid decision

I don't even have any words about how stupid this entire preorder situation has been... Literally screwing out an entire geographic segment of your customers... Fucking Nintendo, Best Buy, Amazon or whoever made this stupid decision

Nintendo sold out of the console, I don't think they give a shit about how anyone feels.

Saganator

Noooooo I missed it :/ I have all kinds of notifications and following Wario + NeoGAF New Threads for over a month, all for naught, since I was asleep when it all went down. Mother fucker.

I'm going to be so disappointed and sad if I can't get one without being ripped off by a scalper.

So you're cool with it? It's horseshit any way you slice it.

I'm bummed as well that I missed it but I'm not shocked it happened in the middle of the night. It'll definitely come back in stock at some point at least. Hoping to get one at Gamestop so I can use my credit.

FaidSint

2 sites (maybe 1 and a half if that Amazon thing is legit). There are still probably 5 major and 20 minor retailers who have yet to take pre-orders. Now you know today is the day, so pay attention.

And each of those sites (Best Buy and Amazon) will likely do rounds of pre-orders or availability over the next couple (hours? days? weeks?), so it's not all lost.

I think by the fact there has been no announcement and the strange Amazon listing its safe to assume this was maybe *not* the intended way these were going to be released. So before you "give up on Nintendo as a company" or get too mad, just see how the rest of the day plays out. Maybe you'll get your announcement tweet, or you 1pm launch, or whatever else. Just give it some time. These two stocks seemed like the exception rather than the rule.

Really hoping to get the European model I have preordered through Amazing. Sucks to have reminders w/ both Amazon and Best Buy and both result in a new listing. I'm thinking multiple orders through Amazon will be canceled, though (since that's how it went in Europe). Fingers crossed that's the case.

reggie-fils-aime-shrug-640x426.jpg

How this useless bag of old cow farts is allowed to run a major business operation is beyond me.

muteki

I can only hope the UK amazon preorders ship. That, or the Japan version being available for longer. NA version might as well not exist.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I wonder if it went up overnight because NoJ authorized when pre-orders could begin. There is a time difference at play for those of us in the Americas.

That said, F Nintendo and their limited quantity BS and putting this up at 5 AM or whatever. Some of us sleep to function. I guess they just don't want my money.

I lucked out.

I fell asleep on the couch waiting for Uncharted to unlock at 9:00 pacific. Then I sleepily woke up at 1:30 and looked at my phone. I was immediately bummed because I saw all my twitter notifications from Wario saying the Best Buy link had come and gone while I was asleep.

I had just gotten into bed when I heard my phone rumble on my dresser. I picked it up and saw Wario's Amazon link. I preordered that product without a second thought. That was 1:37 am, pacific.

My apologies to all who missed out. Maybe the 10:00 am Walmart rumor is legit?

I lucked out.

I fell asleep on the couch waiting for Uncharted to unlock at 9:00 pacific. Then I sleepily woke up at 1:30 and looked my phone. I was immediately bummed because I saw all my twitter notifications from Wario saying the Best Buy link had come and gone while I was asleep.

I had just gotten into bed when I heard my phone rumble on my dresser. I picked it up and saw Wario's Amazon link. I preordered that product without a second thought. That was 1:37 am, pacific.

My apologies to all who missed out. Maybe the 10:00 am Walmart rumor is legit?

You lucky dog. LOL I'll be spamming the Walmart page at 10am, just to be safe.

maxcriden

From what I remember the person who said 10 AM PST for WM said the time has changed and that they'd post the new time. I still plan to check then just in case it ends up happening at that time.

So I had both the Amazon alert set up and the nowinstock alert for Amazon and never got anything?

Really?! What's the point of the Amazon alerts if they are going to release that late at night and not even send the alerts!

Dammit! I hope they don't screw my X pre-order like they did BOTW.

maxcriden

I hope they don't screw my X pre-order like they did BOTW.

Regarding preorders with Amazon, I would definitely start bugging customer service a day or two before release if a game hasn't shipped yet, since they may still be able to get it to you on time that way and my impression is their customer service is excellent while their preorder reliability isn't. I hope that helps.

muteki

So I had both the Amazon alert set up and the nowinstock alert for Amazon and never got anything?

Really?! What's the point of the Amazon alerts if they are going to release that late at night and not even send the alerts!

Dammit! I hope they don't screw my X pre-order like they did BOTW.

I got nowinstock texts for best buy, doesn't help when it is 1am though.

Amazon alerts are useless.

btrboyev

I got one in at Best Buy and one in at Amazon.

I'm not a dick, so I'll be canceling one of them by the weekend. Most likely Best Buy of the Amazon one turns out to be legit.

2 sites (maybe 1 and a half if that Amazon thing is legit). There are still probably 5 major and 20 minor retailers who have yet to take pre-orders. Now you know today is the day, so pay attention.

And each of those sites (Best Buy and Amazon) will likely do rounds of pre-orders or availability over the next couple (hours? days? weeks?), so it's not all lost.

I think by the fact there has been no announcement and the strange Amazon listing its safe to assume this was maybe *not* the intended way these were going to be released. So before you "give up on Nintendo as a company" or get too mad, just see how the rest of the day plays out. Maybe you'll get your announcement tweet, or you 1pm launch, or whatever else. Just give it some time. These two stocks seemed like the exception rather than the rule.

Cool. I'll just send out a quick email to all in my office that my entire purpose today is being on split-second alert for preordering the SNES mini, so don't bug me with any pesky work shit I'm getting paid to do today.

Top Bottom