• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snowflake Hitler and his slob pals burn tiki torches in defense of confederacy

Beefy

XFEOe1T.jpg

Several dozen torch-wielding protesters gathered in Charlottesville's Lee Park just after 9 p.m. Saturday, chanting ”You will not replace us," ”Russia is our friend" and ”Blood and soil."

After about 10 minutes, Charlottesville police arrived at the scene following an altercation between protesters. The crowd quickly dispersed with no further incidents, according to police.

In April, Charlottesville City Council voted to sell the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee that stands in the park, but a judge earlier this month issued an injunction that prevents the city from doing so for six months.

The city's decision has drawn considerable consternation from Southern heritage groups, Republican gubernatorial candidate Corey Stewart and a number of others in Virginia and elsewhere.

Richard Spencer, a University of Virginia graduate and a white nationalist who popularized the term "alt-right," wrote about the events at the statues of Confederate Gens. Thomas ”Stonewall" Jackson and Lee in several Twitter posts.

Video:
https://twitter.com/craftypanda/status/863564320382349312

Video of them chanting "Russia is our Friend" :
https://twitter.com/craftypanda/status/863564616026263555

Racism doesn't exist though guys...

linkboy

I really wish a lot of these morons grandfathers who fought in World War II were still alive to take those torches and knock some sense in them.

I seriously can't believe we're still dealing with this bullshit.

Neo Nazis clearly don't pay attention to having a well tailored suit. It's not stylish if you look like shit in a sack.
They'd still be shits in a sack.

Boke1879

Can you imagine if the Ferguson protesters came bearing torches? Hell they were teargassed for being armed with only cell phones.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Republicans have completed abandoned optics at this point.

Their brazen behavior is starting to really unnerve me and wonder if we can still step back from the brink.

Buckle

"Russia is our friend."

So much so that they hacked our elections in an attempt to undermine our democracy and weaken us. True pals.

cameron

Charlottesville Mayor Mike Signer:
Statement on the Demonstration at Lee Park

This event involving torches at night in Lee Park was either profoundly ignorant or was designed to instill fear in our minority populations in a way that hearkens back to the days of the KKK. Either way, as mayor of this City, I want everyone to know this: we reject this intimidation. We are a Welcoming City, but such intolerance is not welcome here.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10155255452655629&id=51200715628

Tigress

"Russia is our friend"

Really?! So because your team is being investigated for having ties with Russia and possibly being traitors and you can't spin that as a good thing you've decided that Russia being good is the way to spin it.

Ok, then go live in Russia (though honestly I'd bet smart russians wouldn't want them either. But the leaders might cause they'd make perfect little pawns).

"Russia is our friend."

So much so that they hacked our elections in an attempt to undermine our democracy and weaken us. True pals.

Perspective: The Russian government helped get a white supremacist to the White House (Trump, Bannon, whoever). Additionally, from what it seems, the Russian leadership hues closely toward this groups ideology (I could be wrong, I dont follow much on Russia but the things that have come out recently seem like ideas that these groups would love like forcing one religion, removing women's rights, etc).

Buckle

Perspective: The Russian government helped get a white supremacist to the White House (Trump, Bannon, whoever). Additionally, from what it seems, the Russian leadership hues closely toward this groups ideology (I could be wrong, I dont follow much on Russia but the things that have come out recently seem like ideas that these groups would love like forcing one religion, removing women's rights, etc).
Thats certainly one of the creepiest part about all the stuff coming out about the Trump administration's ties to Russia.

Of course they want to cozy up to Russia, Putin is pretty much living the republican dream.

Dishwalla

Banned
"Russia is our friend" baffles me, what happened to the decades of Russia being the enemy? Rocky and Bullwinkle? Ronald Reagan?

akira28

what if someone were to throw a bunch of unlit fireworks at that crowd? nothing dangerous, just zingers and bottle rockets and witch whistlers.

linkboy

"Russia is our friend" baffles me, what happened to the decades of Russia being the enemy? Rocky and Bullwinkle? Ronald Reagan?

Russia today isn't like the Soviet Union. It's not a communist country anymore. Putin's government is what every right wing conservative orgasms over.

Top Bottom