• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snowflake Hitler and his slob pals burn tiki torches in defense of confederacy

Koomaster

So KKK rallies are back and no longer require anonymity - good job Trump's America. So glad we get to repeat this wonderful part of our nation's history. :|

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Umm... wielding torches is not the best idea for protests.
...if you're black. I'm imagining if that was a non-white crowd, they would definitely be fucked.

Breads

Banned
Yeah real fucking scary holding mosquito torches.

Wow, pretty much a clan rally. And how was that allowed to continue?

Freedom of speech and right to assemble protects hate.

If you try to silence hate you are accused of attacking other people's rights (don't ask me I'm not stupid enough to make this claim).

This is life in 2017.

ThisGuy

If you think that is a strong point in any way, shape or form, then go right ahead. The two have zero correlation with each other and you probably know this.

I just think it muddies the conversation and it becomes a pre-school shitflinging contest. Who gives a fuck about how he looks, it's about what he preaches.
It didn't work on Trump either, it just galvanized his base and made the entire thing about 'us VS them'.

It is us versus them. I wonder how many gaffers refrain from posting about wanting to go toe to toe with them and beyond? I wonder if these minor pot shots are just a way to get a little out without coming across as...blood thirsty.

Lubricus

Are these the last gasps of folks who are afraid of a changing world?
I just don't understand their sense of public relations.
"Russia is our friend" is not going to attract many people to one's cause. I don't think many Americans are ready to trust Putin.

WedgeX

Banned
Title change is fantastic.

Carrying torches *in defense of the Confederacy* makes it pretty clear they are unabashedly hate-filled.

Ithil

I despise the guy, but you guys need to come up with better insults than 'his clothes don't fit well'.

It smacks of the 'look at that bitch eating crackers over there, like she owns the place' meme. Let's be above that.

No it doesn't, because part of Spencer's "alt-right" rebranding is supposedly being well-dressed and "dapper" to claim they are respectable gentlemen, unlike those dirty liberals.

Him in an ill-fitted, wrinkled ass suit kills that notion.

If you think that is a strong point in any way, shape or form, then go right ahead. The two have zero correlation with each other and you probably know this.

I just think it muddies the conversation and it becomes a pre-school shitflinging contest. Who gives a fuck about how he looks, it's about what he preaches.
It didn't work on Trump either, it just galvanized his base and made the entire thing about 'us VS them'.

But when part of Spencer's image is about how well he dresses because he is a stylish, civilized white man, there's some relevance to making fun of him wearing an ill-fitting suit. I never said it was a particularly strong argument, but your hand-wringing didn't really call for much.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I despise the guy, but you guys need to come up with better insults than 'his clothes don't fit well'.

It smacks of the 'look at that bitch eating crackers over there, like she owns the place' meme. Let's be above that.

"Look at these white supremacists protesting the removal of a statue of a hate monger like they own the place.

Also they're poorly dressed and protest using fucking tiki torches."

Naw checks out.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Putin has really done a number on the US, creating actual Russia cultists.

The opportunistic partisan heel turn of Republicans on the Russians is the most surprising part of their rhetoric lately.

Like, 2012 was dominated by how soft the Democrats were being on Russia, and four years later they're somehow being unfairly tough on them.

[boots]

tumblr_nw15bvdqdI1tbcweeo1_400.gif

Oh damn you....!

Choking on a mouthful of basmati rice because of this....

Dehnus

Video:

Video of them chanting "Russia is our Friend" :
https://twitter.com/craftypanda/status/863564616026263555

That face is already pretty punchable, right up there in punchable face magazine's top 10 faces that need punching right now (Loved that joke by John Oliver ;)). And now his love for Russia which has concentration camps for people like me... yeah... erm..

Even Hippie me wants to start punching. My goodness... such a punchable mug.

temp

posting on contract only

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Eastern_Front_(World_War_II)

"We are fifty or a hundred years behind the advanced countries. We must make good this distance in ten years. Either we do it, or they will crush us."—Stalin, 1931

The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was the Soviet Union's strategic defense against impending invasion by Nazi Germany. They were not friendly governments or ideologies. I don't agree with the phrasing that the Soviet troops want to crush anybody "between their teeth," but it's closer to reality than your misleading cherry picking of historic events.

"Russia is our friend", LOL.

These chodes didn't even get the memo that they're supposed to be denying that so that mainstream Republican don't get nervous about including them. Then again, I guess the GOP has already shown remarkable cowardice in standing up up to their little internal Nazi uprising, so they may as well.

DJMicLuv

"Russia is our friend."

McCarthy is turning in his grave. UnAmerican activities. They're reds alright!

As has been pointed out before, they wouldn't have lasted a fucking second in early 40s' Europe. Silly cunts.

"We are fifty or a hundred years behind the advanced countries. We must make good this distance in ten years. Either we do it, or they will crush us."—Stalin, 1931

The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was the Soviet Union's strategic defense against impending invasion by Nazi Germany. They were not friendly governments or ideologies. I don't agree with the phrasing that the Soviet troops want to crush anybody "between their teeth," but it's closer to reality than your misleading cherry picking of historic events.

As brutal as Stalin's rapid industrialization was, you have to wonder if they were better off for it.

There's no way they would have been able to push back the Nazi war machine and generalplan ost called for the extermination of 80% of the Russian population.

Beartruck

As brutal as Stalin's rapid industrialization was, you have to wonder if they were better off for it.

There's no way they would have been able to push back the Nazi war machine and generalplan ost called for the extermination of 80% of the Russian population.
I don't buy that argument, as Japan was able to industrialize fairly quickly without killing millions of their own people.

televator

All that was missing was to have the banjo player carry a ukulele instead. Don't these slack jaw racist rallies always have a banjo?

2ba.jpg

All of them. Anyone who said Russia is our friend is a traitor like Trump.

Nothing new considering the confederacy was an enemy state that betrayed the US and had their own traitor's flag.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

Cherry-picking of historic events.. That's a new one.

Stalin and Hitler had more in common in their ideologies and plans for Europe than any other two empires in European history. Yes, they were destined to go at each other's throat, eventually, but they had no problem with leaving that for last. Luckily (or not, depending on perspective), that did not go as planned by either of the sides.

Lois_Lane

I don't buy that argument, as Japan was able to industrialize fairly quickly without killing millions of their own people.

Eeeeehhhhhh. Japan was only able to do this because it is-

A. Way more ethnically homogenous.
B. Tiny. Russia is 41 times the size of Japan with its current borders. It was much bigger back then.
C. Naturally prone to autocratic rule. The crazy shit that has occurred in Russian history has no equivalent in Japanese History.

Stalin was the worse of all options but millions dying were likely to occur regardless.

Top Bottom