• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

clUIf.jpg

ZBihL.gif

^^^^^These noodles seem to be a variety show staple.

y3lSf.gif

X-Frame

Salazar said:
Like a hater who makes a job of hating.

And SNSD has so many, why?

Why would people actually HATE them?

.. So these are just other Koreans that hate them, or people from other countries as well?

Mr Jared

X-Frame said:
And SNSD has so many, why?

Why would people actually HATE them?

.. So these are just other Koreans that hate them, or people from other countries as well?

Yeah, this is the part of SNSD fandom that I totally don't understand. Is there a site or some kind of write-up that explains all this? D=

CaptYamato said:
People hate those that are popular. How many people hate Justin Beiber and have never heard him sing?

Most people who don't like Beiber hate for largely superficial reasons, but I haven't heard people say "Beiber is a disgrace to America" the way I see some say "SNSD is a disgrace to Korea." There's something deeper to it that I totally don't understand.

Mr Jared said:
Most people who don't like Beiber hate for largely superficial reasons, but I haven't heard people say "Beiber is a disgrace to America" the way I see some say "SNSD is a disgrace to Korea." There's something deeper to it that I totally don't understand.
:lol

I was told this morning JB was a disgrace to American POP music.:p

Ashhong

Salazar said:
Nope. Fans and anti-fans would flood it.

I dont see how you could "flood" a twitter, since they dont show up on their page.

They actually had a twitter before, but all the antis reported the account as fake or something like that and it got banned. I think they are also worried that the antis will hack it account.

SNSD has the most antis out of any other idol group afaik. It's mostly because they are so popular, but I think some people just dont like the image they give off. They are practically representatives of Korea, they are so popular, and I guess people dont like how they are?

edit: what Peru says vvvvvv

Peru

Mr Jared said:

SNSD had their debut at, well, the worst possible time in terms of getting anti-fans in droves. Girl groups weren't particularly popular at the time, while some of the most popular boy bands were at their peak. Now, these days there are so many girl groups out there that fans are used to seeing boy bands interact with and be friends with them every week.

Back then, SNSD was launched by SM Ent, home of TVXQ and Super Junior, and before their debut tons of pictures of them as trainees, hanging out with the boys, were released. The crazy fan-girls went batshit and started anti-fan sites before they even had debuted, especially for some, like Jessica, who was rumoured to be in a relationship with various male stars. To the mentally deranged this seemed like some sort of super-girl-group made to put the purity of their favorite guys at risk.

Something about their timing, and their label, and their rise in popularity made for a potent mix. No k-pop group will ever get as many haters as them again, I think.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
crazy monkey said:
how is sunny considered sexy? need examples. :p
It's mostly something she does. On variety shows she'll do it sometimes, and on stage for their "sexy songs" she puts a little extra sauce on it, so to speak. She just understands how sexiness works better than the rest of them. She has the biggest boobs, if that's your thing, but I also understand that some guys are biased against short girls. You may be one such guy if you see this...

ZRO6B.jpg

...and actually find something wrong.

She has two sides to her blatant fanservice, the cute side and the steamy side. In some cases, such as the pic just before the gifs in post #140 of this thread, she has the heat turned all the way up. Other times, she mixes the cute and steamy together in a way that says "I know that you know that I'm just playing and you still like it anyway so here it is"

2j3qlvr.gif

b0079087_4bde3aca19fb2se5t.gif

And really, it's how she handles everything, she's playing the game and comes off way more mature and hot because of it. But even aside from this, she is just freakin hot. Someone already posted a pic from this same event, but it was quite popular so we may as well repost it in this thread.

*min.us reset*

And fancams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISJD0wwXaMY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ2FXQpRSPs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXUv8qjRJwM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NPC7WDS4-g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaT5GoC0SGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URC6xVfmNG0

Girl is mad sexy. Why did you doubt?

Also check out Invincible Youth EP38 because she really shows her charm all through that one.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
CaptYamato said:
It is nice, isn't it?
I have a custom script editor that can function like an adblock for specific site elements. I currently have it disabling avatars, which somehow also connects to the display of ignored posts so they completely disappear, not just put up a message of "click to show" or whatever it was.

Dice said:
I have a custom script editor that can function like an adblock for specific site elements. I currently have it disabling avatars, which somehow also connects to the display of ignored posts so they completely disappear, not just put up a message of "click to show" or whatever it was.

Damn. Wish I had that for chrome.

Edit: I need a sexy Jessica avatar.

Salazar

Regarding MC Mong's draft-dodging, this is the Wikipedia summary:

In September, 2010, allegations regarding his national service prompted the South Korean Military Manpower Administration (병무청) to conduct an investigation. Due to public outcry, he has left from all public appearances, including TV programs. Originally, according to reporters one of his dentists publicly stated that he received money from MC Mong to remove two teeth instead of repairing them. MC Mong strongly denied these allegations. On October 10 MC Mong has been officially charged with the violation of military service laws by the Seoul Central District Court. Although on MC Mong's second trial on November 29 after four of his dentists came forward to support his case the fifth and the one previously stated who took out teeth 46 and 47 changed his statement. He explained that tooth 47 was acutely damaged, so he pulled it out. He pulled out 46 because there was a hole in the tooth, and explained that he could not know why the hole was there. He also explained that MC Mong had not taken good care of his teeth and most of his teeth needed either care or removal. He also explained that the police told him to write in words such as “forceful” and “intense” into his account, and that he was bothered about it constantly when he did not. He explained that he had never talked to MC Mong about enlistment evasion. He explained that unlike the reports suggested, he had never gotten money from MC Mong for taken the teeth out, and that the reason he took the teeth out wasn’t from MC Mong’s request. His third has held on December 20. The 4th trial is scheduled on 24th January 2011, but is postponed until February 8th.

Is the Korean military physical really so stringent that a couple of teeth can get you flunked ?

This is also baffling, in a different way.

zIMdg.gif

Ashhong

Yea...I would never do that.

Gonna post this here and the Kpop thread:

For LA gaffers, or diehard kpop fans, the Korean Music Festival tickets are going on sale this Saturday at 10PST. I'm not sure how quick they sell out but I would imagine pretty quick. No lineup announced but I would definitely expect a few girl idol groups.

http://www.koreanmusicfestival.com/

You going Yamato? Dont know any other LA gaffers

Salazar

Ashhong said:
For LA gaffers, or diehard kpop fans, the Korean Music Festival tickets are going on sale this Saturday at 10PST.

I am on holiday, but it would involve an extraordinary detour. I will get along to one of the SM Town things at some point.

Qjq8T.jpg

GNt6y.gif

Salazar

Taeyeon and Hyungdon We Got Married is so excruciatingly awkward and hilarious.

He offers her a banana. She instantly phones him on it. He picks up with another banana. She hangs up. Then she rings back, and hangs up again. Then rings again. "Quit it with the prank calls".

8A20t.gif

vmwzD.gif

^^^^^^^ Gangster Yoona is so damned cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom