• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So besides the mysterious possible Zygarde forme, there's a new Pokemon too?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Remember that after credits thing in the Hoopa movie (speaking of which apparently it was more successful than the Diancie movie had a more positive response), it showed a silhouette whose head reminds of Zygarde? Well apparently another thing was shown.

Courtesy of serebii:

4FUbqGR.jpg
LF5NoT1.jpg

41VlZMF.jpg
newpokemon4.jpg

Could still be an alt form or something or whatever. Remember the Trevenant stuff where people sketched said Pokemon (then known as Orotto) when it showed up in a commercial? This seems to be the case lol

It matches up with the tumblr of the guy who managed to saw the early premiere too.

tumblr_nr1yk1qODJ1tene32o1_r1_1280.png

EDIT:

And here it is! Taken from /vp/

Bumping because finally, there's a capture of this "new creature"

http://webm.host/d3cc4/

Enjoy the cuteness

NAiM5gu.png

Hatchtag

Banned
Please be Gen 7, please be Gen 7, please be Gen 7.
Though I can't see Gen 7 appearing before Spring 2017 if it is.
EDIT: I wonder if the glowing parts on the new Zygrade form in the third image on the leaked scan are these. They don't match up too well with the rest of the new form's body, and I doubt Zygrade's crotch would glow.

Boss Doggie

Maybe it's Zygarde's minion or something.

Maybe an off-shoot from Zygarde?

Maybe Zygarde fetus, a la Mew?

The obvious assumption is that it's a new Pokemon, but part of me wouldn't be surprised if it's a second Zygarde form/mega (or somehow related to Volcanion).

Delio

The difference in scale between this and the giant NotZygarde does remind me a bit of the size difference between both of Hoopa's forms.

Yeah. Just feels like it could be something related to it. I read someone say on 4chan that it could be one of it's eyes that it uses to monitor the world since that seems to be it's thing.

ash_ag

Strange Souvenir time?

FkVCEMZ.png

Now, one has to wonder what this is. Could they introduce a new Mythical Pokémon not in the game's data? Gen 6 does miss its "Tiny" Mythical. (Although now that I think about it... Hoopa may be intended for that role.)

Or...

Sterok

Not impossible that they're teasing something from gen VII, though it is rather early for that. Some sort of form is more plausible, but without a picture we can't guess of what it could be a form of. So basically, throw darts at the moment.

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm guessing it's a Gen 7 Pokemon that related to Zygrade somehow, though maybe only in the anime (like how Manaphy and Kyogre related and the Regis and Lucario related). Maybe you can get like an egg for it or something in the 6th Gen February 2016 game, and then transfer it to gen 7 in Spring 2017, like with Manaphy.

It'd be the first time since Gen 4 that they marketted a new gen before the year it came out, but considering Gen 5 was on the same handheld as Gen 4 and Gen 6 wasn't released until the 3DS was nearly 3 years old, I could see them wanting to counter a possibly lower install base by starting marketting for Gen 7 early.

It looks adorable and I want one.

If it it a little green slime looking guy, what type would it be? Normal? Fairy? Water?
Dragon?

Hatchtag

Banned
You would have to think that gen 7 is coming out on the next handheld after 3DS given X2 Y2 would be coming out 2016.

It probably would be, and given that another Gen 6 game in Spring 2016 seems likely, that would put Gen 7 at Fall 2016 at earliest. Probably either Spring 2017 or Fall 2017, depending on when the handheld launches, which is hard to tell considering people aren't sure if Nintendo's next home console or handheld is coming first.

JoeM86

Whatever this is, we won't have to wait too long to see. They typically reveal the things from the teaser within a month after it first airs.

Perhaps my theory of a World Championship reveal is still on the table, but whatever is going on, I'm excited.

Yeah, it's definitely connected to Zygarde somehow (especially given its apparent color). It'd be strange for them to reveal a Gen VII Pokémon now when they'll be wanting to promote the game(s) featuring Zygarde next year.

Hatchtag

Banned
Whatever this is, we won't have to wait too long to see. They typically reveal the things from the teaser within a month after it first airs.

Perhaps my theory of a World Championship reveal is still on the table, but whatever is going on, I'm excited.

When are we do next for Coro Coro? Though I'd guess an August Direct. This seems like too big of a revelation for a World Championships reveal. I know they've revealed Megas there before, but the first new form(s)/Pokemon of a new game are a bit bigger than that

Yeah, it's definitely connected to Zygarde somehow (especially given its apparent color). It'd be strange for them to reveal a Gen VII Pokémon now when they'll be wanting to promote the game(s) featuring Zygarde next year.

They've done cross-gen promotions before. Gen 4 Pokemon appeared in several Gen 3 spin-offs, and Pokemon that triggered Gen 5 events were distributed in Gen 4.

JoeM86

When are we do next for Coro Coro? Though I'd guess an August Direct. This seems like too big of a revelation for a World Championships reveal. I know they've revealed Megas there before, but the first new form(s)/Pokemon of a new game are a bit bigger than that

Well, as I said in the Iwata thread, Masuda and Iwata met recently (Masuda commented that Iwata seemed well), and based on Masuda tweeting when he goes places, he was at The Pokémon Company on July 3rd, which is where I think he met with Iwata. A nagging thing in me thinks they filmed a Direct, but I personally hope not. It'd be such a mix of emotions.

I wouldn't say that Worlds is too big for a new game reveal, ORAS was revealed unceremoniously in a video that just randomly came out of nowhere, afterall.

Next CoroCoro is out on August 12th, so if anything's in it, we'll get leaks around August 10th.

Boss Doggie

according to /vp/ these were posted in 2ch as fan interpretations

RuPwgOP.jpg

there's only one blob shown in the movie, and that these are different interpretations of it

according to /vp/ these were posted in 2ch as fan interpretations

RuPwgOP.jpg

there's only one blob shown in the movie, and that these are different interpretations of it
If this is correct, it's completely Zygarde's baby forme or something. I was hoping for a Gen VII sneak peak though...

Boss Doggie

No mention, just found them in 2ch

Heh, reminds me of Inkling early stage. Does this mean Zygarde is a kid now?

Top Bottom