• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection is going to be a thing

I thought B2's story mode was okay. Definitely pretty weak compared to Dragon Universe in B3, though.

Infinite World's story mode was awful, though. Especially those "jump through the rings" missions.

Yeah but like, I didn't play that one. Well the first one had those cutscenes, I don't remember any other PS2 DBZ game having cutscenes like those.

Infinite World did, but it was kinda halfassed compared to Budokai 1.

reKon

Banned
Only DBZ game I brought was Budakai 3 only because of a gamespot review that said it was good and it looked awesome. Even though I didn't end up playing it as much as I thought, it was surprisingly very good and the gameplay mechanics were nice.

TreIII

I would prefer Infinite World, I know a lot of people haven't played it, but it's Budokai 3 with more stuff + no rock paper scissors gimmick.

Would make me happy.

But for the sake of completion, just throw it, B3 and Tenkaichi 3 in a collection together. That way, you stand to make as many people happy as possible.

Seik

Banned
I didn't notice Piccolo in that first pic at first.

Also for those who want to know about the music plagiarism thing here's an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66YnFY3-uBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2l8KtdQ7Ek

Yeah but like, I didn't play that one. Well the first one had those cutscenes, I don't remember any other PS2 DBZ game having cutscenes like those.

Holy shit, and that was one of my favorites back then...It probably mean we won't get these for the HD collection... D:

EDIT: More plagiarism here!

Kokonoe

Banned
Time for some Tenkaichi.

DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Lost Courage (Extended)

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 OST-Gatebraker

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Soundtrack- Dark Half

Many more I could post as well. Some aren't on youtube, though.

shiiiiiit, dat nostalgia. Amazing songs.

Can't forget Budokai 2 intro

Edit: Budokai 3 intro was awesome too

Yep, both of those are pretty good. All DBZ games starting with the first Budokai have had amazing OSTs.
I thought people were pretty happy with Burst Limit this generation?

Burst Limit was good.
Raging Blast 1 was lackluster.
Raging Blast 2 was good.

Just there hasn't been a real great one since Tenkaichi 3.

Kokonoe

Banned
I haven't played Infinite World, does it really do anything different from B3?

It's like a Budokai 3 expansion pack kinda. It has some refinements on the battle system, new characters, removes the gimmick mode in combat where you play a guessing game with your opponent that really consumes up a lot of time in the match and other things.
It's worth the purchase if you enjoyed Budokai 3.

You are opening a huge can of worms

i agree

It's a popular opinion, so not really. I agree with it as well, although that's a topic for a different thread.

Sylver

Banned
What? Burst Limit was great. It was like the original Budokai games. It's the Raging Blast games that suck.

I didn't like the battle system (and It means all in a Fighting game), it changed in Burst Limit, punch and kick on the same button was bad idea.

Takao

Banned

Yes, no Dragon Rush, and it uses some of the game mechanics from Shin Budokai and Burst Limit.

Also, you can shoot Namekians in story mode.

5xHQH.jpg

Aside from obvious stuff like extra characters (Although I'm pretty sure the stages are reused from B3) it gets rid of Dragon Rush, and makes the mechanics more like the Shin Budokai games. It's pretty much a faster paced Budokai 3.

I hope it's Inifinite World, Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

There was a day I would buy every Dragonball game day 1; skipped over the last two ):

TreIII

Super DBZ fans am crai

As if Bamco was going to care about those of us who liked that game anyway...

Anyway, if this is really all that we're going to get in the West this year, then I guess that definitely eliminates the prospect of a Zenkai localization.

Takao

Banned
As if Bamco was going to care about those of us who liked that game anyway...

Anyway, if this is really all that we're going to get in the West this year, then I guess that definitely eliminates the prospect of a Zenkai localization.

6NsZ6.jpg

Zenkai Battle Royale will be 2013's console game.

Revven

Day fucking one if it includes the following:

Budokai 1 (because of its story mode, no other DBZ game has it this good and it's always been praised for it, NEED to see it in HD)
Infinite World/Budokai 3 (either one)
Shin Budokai 2 (missed this game personally because I didn't own a PSP)
Budokai Tenkaichi 3

That would be it. I'd buy it. Especially if BT3's online mode from the Wii version was included and updated to actually be awesome and work well. It would be godlike.

Speaking of Budokai 1, if they do choose it, would they opt with the Gamecube improved version? It became slightly cel-shaded iirc and would probably look better as HD than the original PS2 version.

Edit: I really don't care if Scamco is being cheap or w.e, my PS2 is dead so I can't play any of the DBZ games I own. So, please let this be true, Namco, plzzzzz :(

Hopefully it's the Budokai games, not Tenkaichi. I didn't like the weird camera angle in Tenkaichi or the crappy splitscreen multiplayer. Was confusing as hell.

I remember playing Budokai 3 on PS2 and I didn't have a memory card. Every morning I would wake up and play the story mode until I unlocked every character and then I'd be too exhausted to play multiplayer :s

Budokai 3 is still the best DBZ game to date, followed by Burst Limit. Hope B3 is in this collection.

Also, get Dimps back on DB games please.

Kokonoe

Banned
^ No one here has played DBZ Kinect, though.

I like

Budokai 1-2(I'd like 3 without Dragon Rush)
Infinite World
DBZ Tenkaichi 2-3
Legacy of Goku games
Raging Blast 2
Burst Limit
Tenkaichi Tag

Takao

Banned
Here are the questions Nostal wanted to ask the Scamco guy:

1. We noticed that the game uses Ultimate Tenkaichi as a base. Did you add new content, like new battles against giant opponents?

2. In UT, the HERO mode proposed to create a character, and live an original story. Will it come back in DBZ for Kinect?

3. How will we be able to get the QR cards ? Will we have it when buying the game?

4. Will the storymode be the same than Ultimate Tenkaichi? Or can we expect new chapters, like DragonBall and DragonBall GT chapters?

5. Will there be DLC for this game, like characters, stages or storymode additional chapters?

6. At the E3, Nakajima san said during an interview that we can’t transform in DBZ for Kinect. Can we at least execute fusions, or change our character during the fight?

7. Any plans for a PS Move version of “DBZ for Kinect” in the future?

8. As Dragon Ball Z for Kinect will be exclusive to the XBox 360 system, does it mean that the Dragon Ball fans who only have a Playstation 3 won’t have any game this year?

9. Some “must-have” characters were not in Ultimate Tenkaichi. Chibi Trunks, Goten, the normal form of Teen Gohan, the normal form of Gotenks… Nakajima san told us last year that you didn’t have enough time to bring them back, because of the gameplay changes. Will these characters be back in DBZ for Kinect?

10. We noticed that the game would have 30 minutes of exclusive animation. Does it have anything to do with the “Episode of Bardock”?

11. Can you already tell us who is the “never before seen character”? Is it Chilled-sama?

12. The “Episode of Bardock” proposed an original “what-if” story, in which Bardock becomes a super Saiyajin. Will we be able to transform him in this new game?

13. As confirmed by your European community manager, DBZ for Kinect is not aimed at hardcore fans of Dragon Ball, and even less at hardcore players. And a majority of these hardcore communities feel a little betrayed this year. Can you reassure them for the future?

14. A lot of fans are counting on us to ask you this question : Last year, Shimooka san and yourself told us that if there was enough demand, you would consider about making another “Raging Blast”. Are we now asking it insistingly enough?

15. In May, a lot of gaming sites shared a fake information about an upcoming “Dragon Ball Z: Sparking Omega”. Even if this game never really existed, fans were very excited about having a new “Sparking” game. Is it something that catched your attention?

16. Do you plan something in order to please the players who loved the “Budokai” series ?

17. There are Dragon Ball games on almost every video game systems. But for the moment, nothing has been officially announced on Nintendo 3DS, nor PSVita. Is it a choice?

18. Our fans community follows all the updates of the Japanese arcade games. And we must admit that we are very jealous that the Japanese players get to play with Zenkai Battle Royale and DragonBall Heroes, while we can’t! Do you plan to adapt these games for the European and American players?

19. And once again, can we meet again next year, for the next game?

A shame he didn't ask "Why do your games suck?"

Also, I find question 14 offensive to my taste. I don't want another game from Spike.

Top Bottom