• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection is going to be a thing

Ultimadrago

Well it's got competition now with the purple people eater up there

True, although Sagas didn't get a jaw-dropping "amazing" trailer.

MvjgL.png

You get 'em, Jake.

chris3116

Cool, I used to play Budokai 1-2 and I enjoyed them very well. I also remember playing the Legacy of Goku games (especially the 2nd one on the Cell saga) on GBA.

Takao

Banned
Repost for new page:
Here are the questions Nostal wanted to ask the Scamco guy:

1. We noticed that the game uses Ultimate Tenkaichi as a base. Did you add new content, like new battles against giant opponents?

2. In UT, the HERO mode proposed to create a character, and live an original story. Will it come back in DBZ for Kinect?

3. How will we be able to get the QR cards ? Will we have it when buying the game?

4. Will the storymode be the same than Ultimate Tenkaichi? Or can we expect new chapters, like DragonBall and DragonBall GT chapters?

5. Will there be DLC for this game, like characters, stages or storymode additional chapters?

6. At the E3, Nakajima san said during an interview that we can’t transform in DBZ for Kinect. Can we at least execute fusions, or change our character during the fight?

7. Any plans for a PS Move version of “DBZ for Kinect” in the future?

8. As Dragon Ball Z for Kinect will be exclusive to the XBox 360 system, does it mean that the Dragon Ball fans who only have a Playstation 3 won’t have any game this year?

9. Some “must-have” characters were not in Ultimate Tenkaichi. Chibi Trunks, Goten, the normal form of Teen Gohan, the normal form of Gotenks… Nakajima san told us last year that you didn’t have enough time to bring them back, because of the gameplay changes. Will these characters be back in DBZ for Kinect?

10. We noticed that the game would have 30 minutes of exclusive animation. Does it have anything to do with the “Episode of Bardock”?

11. Can you already tell us who is the “never before seen character”? Is it Chilled-sama?

12. The “Episode of Bardock” proposed an original “what-if” story, in which Bardock becomes a super Saiyajin. Will we be able to transform him in this new game?

13. As confirmed by your European community manager, DBZ for Kinect is not aimed at hardcore fans of Dragon Ball, and even less at hardcore players. And a majority of these hardcore communities feel a little betrayed this year. Can you reassure them for the future?

14. A lot of fans are counting on us to ask you this question : Last year, Shimooka san and yourself told us that if there was enough demand, you would consider about making another “Raging Blast”. Are we now asking it insistingly enough?

15. In May, a lot of gaming sites shared a fake information about an upcoming “Dragon Ball Z: Sparking Omega”. Even if this game never really existed, fans were very excited about having a new “Sparking” game. Is it something that catched your attention?

16. Do you plan something in order to please the players who loved the “Budokai” series ?

17. There are Dragon Ball games on almost every video game systems. But for the moment, nothing has been officially announced on Nintendo 3DS, nor PSVita. Is it a choice?

18. Our fans community follows all the updates of the Japanese arcade games. And we must admit that we are very jealous that the Japanese players get to play with Zenkai Battle Royale and DragonBall Heroes, while we can’t! Do you plan to adapt these games for the European and American players?

19. And once again, can we meet again next year, for the next game?

A shame he didn't ask "Why do your games suck?"

Also, I find question 14 offensive to my taste. I don't want another game from Spike.

Spike made the Tenkaichi series, so if they just made a Tenkaichi 4 I wouldn't mind that at all.

They also made Raging Blast, Raging Blast 2, Ultimate Tenkaichi, and DBZ for Kinect.

shaowebb

Whats the general opinion on Ultimate Tenkaichi? I heard it had destructible environments and open world and that sounds kind of neat.

Kokonoe

Banned
Whats the general opinion on Ultimate Tenkaichi? I heard it had destructible environments and open world and that sounds kind of neat.

It's too automated, it's like full time Dragon Rush coin flips. It's flashy and appealing to look at, but you don't have too much control and it's mainly like watching cutscenes.

5-6 for me. Although the game does have some of the scenes in DBZ remade with okay animation I suppose. Nothing great, though.

They also made Raging Blast, Raging Blast 2, Ultimate Tenkaichi, and DBZ for Kinect.
I liked Raging Blast 2. Although like I said, if they made Tenkaichi 4 I wouldn't mind. Tenkaichi Tag was made and that plays pretty well, so it's not impossible.

shaowebb

Ultimate Tenkaichi isn't a video game.

It's too automated, it's like full time Dragon Rush coin flips. It's flashy and appealing to look at, but you don't have too much control and it's mainly like watching cutscenes.

5-6 for me. Although the game does have some of the scenes in DBZ remade with okay animation I suppose. Nothing great, though.

Ah, thanks for that. Oh well open world and destructible environments had me interested but no more.

also.

True, although Sagas didn't get a jaw-dropping "amazing" trailer.

MvjgL.png

You get 'em, Jake.

Lol at "become a super CYAN." Dude has never watched an episode in his life.

Revven

Awful. Save your money. Aside from character creation, it doesn't add anything new to the franchise and also takes away tons of control from the player.

Pretty much what Kokonoe said.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

THAT GAME CAN SUCK MY ASS AND BLOW A BIG BROWN BUBBLE I'M GLAD I LOST THE CART SOMEWHERE

I remember effects being different from cart to cart too. In my game Kamehamehas were yellow while in my cousin's game it was blue.

so bad

so ugly

uguhusfa

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
We need a Burst Limit 2. It was basically Budokai onHD consoles, shame it only went up to Cell saga.

Suairyu

Banned
All three Budokai's are definitely worth playing.

Budokai 1 has the most accurate to the manga/series story mode. It's actually incredible that no other game since has done the story anywhere near as well. It only went up to Cell, but as Buu was when the story got super-shit rather than just slightly shit, that was a good place to stop. Had the worst fighting system though.

Budokai 2 had an amazing board-game story mode that was loosely based on the series, but kind of not. It was an alternate universe telling. I love the board game and the hunting for items and dragonballs. Much improved gameplay.

Budokai 3 has the best gameplay, but the least interesting story mode. This is the one you bust out for multiplayer.

So in a way it kind of mirrors the Super Butoden series on the SNES.

Korgill

My favorite thing in any DBZ game (I think from Budokai 2) was being able to put 2 capsules on Frieza that would let him transform and gain all his health back, twice. Basically three fighters in one slot.

Suairyu

Banned
Cool I didn't get to play these games much, but from what little I did I could realize they were great.
I wouldn't go that far. They were fun and a fantastic way to pass an afternoon, but the core mechanics never really stopped being messy and the problem remained through-out the series that different characters just meant the same character with a different model.

Takao

Banned
I wouldn't go that far. They were fun and a fantastic way to pass an afternoon, but the core mechanics never really stopped being messy and the problem remained through-out the series that different characters just meant the same character with a different model.

You're describing Spike's games.

Revven

I'm describing all of the Budokai games.

Umm... maybe B1/B2 are what you're describing but B3 the characters all definitely felt distinct from each other. Especially when you throw in the juggle combos you could do with each character.

I'd love to have Dimps come back and do a true sequel to Budokai 3. With the resurgence of fighting games, maybe it would also pick up competitively and we'd actually have a crazy DBZ fighter instead of people making comparisons with UMvC3 :p.

Ahh but that's only a pipe dream of mine...

Even with the guard cancel combos in B3 I don't think many people took it seriously since it was an anime game primarily... it'd need some serious marketing towards the competitive players. Something I doubt Dimps/Namco Bandai would do... that's about the only hurdle I guess.

/rambling

Derrick01

Banned
I'll buy it if it has Budokai 3 (I admit to not reading through the thread so sorry if it was confirmed). That's my favorite fighting game ever.

I want Budokai 3 in HD the most.

I still have Budokai 1 and 2, but never got to own Budokai 3 (Cube owner). Missed out on some really awesome additions for 3. :(

lawful

Banned
I read one site that said tenkaichi hd collection is a thing, I said awesome I'm sold.

I read another site that said budokai hd collection is a thing, I said awesome I'm sold.

If they release both of these collections I will drop Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 in a heart beat I swear.

Valnen

Budokai 3 was the best of the non Tenkaichi games. Will be nice.

I'd prefer Tenkaichi 3 HD though. All those characters.

Top Bottom