• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So GAF, what do you and your side-chick (or side-guy) text/email/ chat about?

I just wonder what people actually talk about or is it just sex. I've been cheated on before and at that time I wondered (although ultimately unhealthy) what was it? Was it normal conversation or purely physical lust?
This really should have been how you started the thread.

riotous

Banned
I wouldn't want that as my main girl, I'm contradictory conservative in that regard and probably wouldn't respect her.
Depends on the situation but I kinda feel the opposite; it's pretty badass when a girl is turned on by their partner being with other women. And it often comes along with the opposite of what people think; they aren't doing it because they are doormats but because they are actually super secure with themselves and their relationship. If it comes along with confidence it's sexy as hell and gets nothing but respect from me.

Man, most of my friends are married now. Perhaps it's from being raised in a hyper masculine environment, and/or the ease of access to attracting woman and maintaining their interest, but I believe most of my friends operate on having a wife/girlfriend who they love, take care of, and treat right as a source of stability while having a side chick or two to reinforce their ego and sexual desires.

Really having your cake and eat it too.

I'm guilty of it myself.

Bu thats the defintion of an open marriage isn't it?

Its disrespecful and also dangerous to keep your partner in the dark about that shit. Especially if youre the type to tell your partner "hey we dont need protection since were only having sex with each other."

Its the definition of cheating. He said afterwards that he doesn't want a girl that's okay with him doing that.

Im saying an open marriage gives the stability of a family while also leaving options open for other partners. If thats what he wants, there are couples who have made it work. But he wants it to be a one sided open relationship where only he is engaging in other options and his partner doesnt know about it. That is not an open relationship. Thats cheating.

He doesnt want a girl that is okay with an open relationship.

riotous

Banned
You seem like you have some mental illness.

It's a pretty common attitude; not gonna accuse lightskin of anything because I don't know him but in my experience it's an insecurity thing. They'll claim it's about respect "I don't want the mother of my children being overly sexual".. but the real issue is the fear that a highly sexual woman is more likely to cheat.

I had a large group of friends who all cheated, and everyone single one of them was about as hypocritical as it gets. They cheated, but would flip out if their significant other so much as talked to another guy. Really transparent; all about their fragile ego.

Could you elaborate on this

Meaning I'm pretty conservative and simple when it comes to my girlfriend, than I would be with a "side chick" or "friends with benefits". I would never want to be in an open relationship.

Depends on the situation but I kinda feel the opposite; it's pretty badass when a girl is turned on by their partner being with other women. And it often comes along with the opposite of what people think; they aren't doing it because they are doormats but because they are actually super secure with themselves and their relationship. If it comes along with confidence it's sexy as hell and gets nothing but respect from me.

Definitely, and I know guys who are in relationships like that. It's just not for me if I were to ever take the girl seriously.

Bu thats the defintion of an open marriage isn't it?

Its disrespecful and also dangerous to keep your partner in the dark about that shit. Especially if youre the type to tell your partner "hey we dont need protection since were only having sex with each other."

I don't think me nor my friends are under any illusion that it's right nor that there aren't risks involved,

You seem like you have some mental illness.

Do you honestly feel better about yourself after saying this? May I ask in what way does this contribute to anything outside of making a very poor assessment while simultaneously making light of mental illnesses?

It's a pretty common attitude; not gonna accuse lightskin of anything because I don't know him but in my experience it's an insecurity thing. They'll claim it's about respect "I don't want the mother of my children being overly sexual".. but the real issue is the fear that a highly sexual woman is more likely to cheat.

I had a large group of friends who all cheated, and everyone single one of them was about as hypocritical as it gets. They cheated, but would flip out if their significant other so much as talked to another guy. Really transparent; all about their fragile ego.

Upon self reflection, I think there's no questions it's about ego. Although It's not about her being highly sexual or me being extra controlling which is lame tbh.

Pizza

I was a side guy for a bit. I've been cheated on in the past and it really didn't feel too great, so I was uncomfortable with it tbh

In the past, it's been a legit friendship connection that became a secret cheating thing for a couple different reasons. The nicest reason being they didn't want to hurt me, but lol just go bone them I don't need to stick around for that.

I was pretty much just a friend I guess. As it was ramping up to regularly more-than-friends I asked her to either dump her boyfriend, stop coming onto me, or stop bringing him up bc it wasn't fun. She pretty much wanted to dump him and date me immediately and I wasn't about that considering all the red flags she was actively throwing up. I already made that mistake once.

Idk! I'd probably be down for inviting a third into bed with my s/o if the vibe was right, but I'd rather not fuck with the concept of a side piece.

Top Bottom