• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how about that heatwave this week in California?

It'll be high 70's to mid 80's in the OC this week, that's perfect weather. Feel bad the the parts that'll be hit with this heatwave though.

Jopie

I live in the high desert in California. It is 106 currently.

My A/C was on until 3 am today and then came back on around 8 am. It is going to be a long week.

Linkura

shouts out to all the people picking our fruits and veggies in this heat

IMG_3584-001.jpg

#fucktrump

True American heroes.

LA doesn't look bad on that map but everywhere else... I'm sorry.

34570048404_cb2ff5559b_z.jpg

I always have Furnace Creek on my "favorites" in my weather app because I know at almost any time, I can look comparatively at their weather to see that I don't have it so bad.

Sky Chief

It's perfect here in Monterey, about 70°. I just flew in from London last night and there the heat was unbearable. So happy to be back in California.

Raven117

Damn. Not even as hot here in Texas. Well not Houston at least.

But hey, at least a potential hurricane isn't coming your way.

Shoot. 100 degrees is easier in Houston because it burns off the humidity.

96-97 just after it rains in Houston in July/August? You need gills.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I wish Yelp had a filter to search for restaurants with air conditioning.
I was on a date last night at a bar that was freaking hot, no ac or the weakest thing possible. Afterwards we went to another bar and boy did that ac feel amazing lol.

f0nz0

Sacramento here, I jumped into my pool last night around 10pm.... a/c on full blast, my smud bill (electricity bill) gonna be littttttttttt

I don't look forward to later in the summer. It's already miserable here and it's not even that hot.

But if we get those temps with our humidity it's gonna be awful.

Parks are nice and dead for running here in Modesto. We'll be peaking out at ~113 so it shouldn't be too bad
A fellow Modesto native. Such a wonderful city we live in. Lol

Also this heat is miserable. AC broke for like an hour before we replaced a fuse.... was hell.

Mascot

Almost 11pm and a humid 31°C in my UK bedroom right now. Fan on full.

I've lived in Australia and South Africa before and can't ever remember feeling this uncomfortable.

Damaniel

Banned
WoW, the lows are higher than the highs where I live lol (Washington)

Same. We're going to hit 88 today (PDX), then back into the 70s for a few days.

The highest temperature I've ever been (knowingly) in was 103 (though apparently it hit 107 once when I was really young). However, I have a trip to Vegas planned for the first week of August. I don't even want to know how hot it's going to be there. To all you people who live in SoCal/Nevada/Arizona right now, I'm sorry.

Swiggins

This is of course the weekend that my parents decided would be a great weekend to try cleaning out the house.

Haha..ha...

Kill me

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I feel like I'm physically getting sick because of this heat. My scalp feels sore and the energy is being sapped from my body. I need to pack this week and move this weekend but I'm not sure how I'll cope with this heat :'(

It's supposed to be 122 F tomorrow in the Coachella Valley. :"(

I actually don't mind the dry heat that much, having been raised in the desert. when it gets humid though RIP

I'm so happy I'm in an area with a constant breeze. It makes it so much more tolerable. 90+ is always bad in the sun, but with a breeze and appropriate attire, it can be quite pleasant in the shade.

The high is 122 this Tuesday in Goodyear, AZ. Good lord, LOL.

I'm in Phoenix right now, its almost 120 degrees. I kind of wish I would have taken that trip to So Cal right now, LOL. I wonder how hot it gets in Death Valley.

Kind of wish I would have got a call back from an area in the city Brea, ugh.

Was doing fine until I lost power between 4:30 and 10:30 last night... Which would have been pretty fun except for it coinciding with the one year old's bedtime.

Here's hoping that the lights stay on the rest of the week!

Top Bottom