• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, I Could Own A $10,000 Shenmue Jacket..

XZ8zB9O.gif

uIOzAfQ.gif

Maximo

We could ruin his lif..i mean make his dreams come true or deny him the pleasure and persuade him to say no.

Psyae

Don't forget: you're not just getting the jacket, but you're also getting a special video message from Yu Suzuki!!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
NeoNess
Member with a nice jacket
(Today, 06:04 AM)

Vamphuntr

10k is a lot of money. You can probably do much better than a Jacket from a videogame series. Unless you are confident you can flip it for much more don't do it.

Erekiddo

at first i was like "no you cant, someone already pledged for it", then i was like "oh. i guess you can".

The iOS screencap is from right around when it went up.

What if the message is him laughing that someone spent so much on a jacket?

Odrion

Banned
Please don't look to a gaming forum to persuade you to lose that much money on a videogame jacket, especially if you need it to eat and have shelter.

You could probably get a replica for twenty times cheaper.

Glass Joe

Along with the rest of you and the collective masses overall, I hopped over to Kickstarter immediately during the Sony Shenmue III Kickstarter announcement.

The site was understandably chugging, but I still struggled to put my pledge in for the $29 tier. A couple dozen refreshes later, it finally went through and I got an e-mail confirmation.

I checked sometime later and realized: I'm on the $10,000 jacket tier.

I have the money - but, I need to eat, and pay rent.

I'm going to change this, but does anyone (unlikely?) else on GAF want it before I switch?

Let's all have a laugh. Or persuade me to get a $10k jacket.

Dude, don't switch with anyone on the internet with $10 grand involved. GAF's a good group of people but you're gonna run into some sleazy scammer. Someone who legit wants the jacket will just pledge that tier when it's available again.

ramuh

We as (GAF) should totally fund you buying the jacket and then throw a crazy GAF thing to give away to a lucky fan.

Afrocious

May I ask what you do to have 10k saved up like that? Not to pry of course. I just got a new job that pays pretty well and I'm trying to save 10k myself.

I have a 12k limit, so no.

I'll probably get a lot of flack for this response, but if you're gonna use a credit card for it and not straight up cash, then I say no.

Unless you're trying to get a ton of rewards or something, that is.

ryseing

Keep your pledge.

Some nutter down the line will pay you far more than what you paid, plus you get to have the honor of owning the jacket until then.

Look at it as an investment.

L95

I honestly think you could sell it for more to some collector later.

Not that this is necessarily a wise decision...

Top Bottom