• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, I Could Own A $10,000 Shenmue Jacket..

Syriel

I have the money - but, I need to eat, and pay rent.

I'm going to change this, but does anyone (unlikely?) else on GAF want it before I switch?

Let's all have a laugh. Or persuade me to get a $10k jacket.

Keep it. That's only 2 month's rent in SF. What a steal! ;)

ChrisD

If you actually, really, definitely, honestly can spend $10,000, I'd buy it just to sell back in a few years from now. Just BABY that thing, but make sure not to get attached to it.

Then again, I don't know if I'd want to conduct in business with that much money. Would be really risky.

In typing this, I think my opinion just changed to a sad, "No, you shouldn't buy it, even though it's a once in a life-time thing."

Hip Hop

Nah man, cancel it.

people out here dying for $10k.

might as well just donate that if your gonna go spend it on a jacket.

But hey, you might be rich, so I guess it's okay.
I would donate $10k and buy that jacket at once if I had the money.

fedexpeon

Banned
May I ask what you do to have 10k saved up like that? Not to pry of course. I just got a new job that pays pretty well and I'm trying to save 10k myself.

I'll probably get a lot of flack for this response, but if you're gonna use a credit card for it and not straight up cash, then I say no.

Unless you're trying to get a ton of rewards or something, that is.

It is a good idea to use credit card for points then go pay it off in a few day so that the points can register, plus, you have a better fraud protection.
You are worse off by using your debit card.

Evo X

Dude. It's the ONLY one in the world. Definitely worth the $10K.

It will be a part of history and some super rich collector will probably buy it off you for more than that if you ever want to sell it.

If you pass this opportunity by you'll likely regret it for the rest of your life.

shia-_just_do_it.0.gif

JediLink

Just realise that going through with this will probably alter the course of your life significantly, for better or for worse. That's my two cents. And to be clear, that's a figurative two cents cause like hell if I'm donating anything for you to do this.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
NeoNess
Wears your net worth as a jacket
(Today, 06:04 AM)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I have the money - but, I need to eat, and pay rent.

I'm going to change this, but does anyone (unlikely?) else on GAF want it before I switch?

What the fuck... "You have the money?"

Damn son. That's one hell of a stealth brag man. Shit.

Just buy it.
You won't have to buy anything else for the rest of your life. For now on, wearing that jacket entitles you everything in this world. Anything you want can be yours.

-Eddman-

Ok, here's the plan:

Buy it, then shoot Shenmue: The Movie starring yourself, and the jacket will pay itself with the profit. Everybody wins.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Once in a lifetime opportunity versus living in a box and eating coal?

Do you have a talent? Move to LA and get noticed after you get back.

Erekiddo

Worst part? Est. delivery Dec 2017.

So my money is in limbo for 2 1/2 years? Are physical rewards shipped a lot sooner than the game release?

kase23

I'll send you $15 bucks if you let me wear the jacket for a night, it needn't be the whole night either, just a few hours, balls in your court

Odrion

Banned
You could also buy a leather jacket and fashion it into a shenmue jacket yourself for a tiny fraction of that cost.

Or just buy a great looking jacket.
Yeah but this is 1 of 1 nerd merch. It's like getting the opportunity to buy the original Vader helmet in SW or something.
This is not like buying the original vader helmet. This is spending $10,000 on a replica jacket for a fundraiser for an old and relatively obscure videogame.

Harl3

They will probably do more jackets if fans ask for it.

Edit: Woops. I see it can't. It was worn by someone.

Odrion

Banned
They will probably do more jackets if fans ask for it.

YEAH. ALSO THIS. DON'T SPEND $10,000 ON A BET THAT THAT'LL BE THE ONLY SHENMUE JACKET IN EXISTENCE.

We're like four years into Kickstarter. Either remember or research the trend that companies take with merchandising. A lot of game studios end up making more of that merchandise if people demand it.

Top Bottom