• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, I Could Own A $10,000 Shenmue Jacket..

Falchion

You should absolutely, 100% keep the jacket and post lots of pictures when you eventually get it. Imagine the story you'd have when people ask about it and you tell them it cost $10,000 and you didn't even mean to buy it. That's impulse buying on a whole different plane of existence.

You should absolutely, 100% keep the jacket and post lots of pictures when you eventually get it. Imagine the story you'd have when people ask about it and you tell them it cost $10,000 and you didn't even mean to buy it. That's impulse buying on a whole different plane of existence.
He should change his name to Ryo. That'll get people talking.

Considering no one is saying it, youre being a fucking idiot if you need to "I need to eat, and pay rent. "
Nobody is saying it because the OP has made it pretty clear that he's (probably) not actually going to go through with it and that he posted his story more for the entertainment value. Pretty sure most people here are just playing along and aren't actually serious.

Single handedly the most expensive DDOS site hiccup ever... I don't know if you should keep the jacket or not... it could possibly sell for higher on auction, but you might think it's cool enough to keep.

Quick question. I want my name in the credits but I can't put down any money for a few days.

Will it be too late once it reaches 2 million or will I still be able to donate and get the goodies?

You can donate till Jul 17 when it ends.

tdP6Woq.jpg

Lol, OP cancel that shit and invest that $10,000 in something that'll get you a return or for a rainy day. No matter how much you love the game, this is just not worth it.

RiverBed

Banned
It's a gamble, but if you think demand is there and you sit on it till the game launches and keep the jacket in a new condition (unused) maybe you can sell/auction it on eBay or somewhere else for more?
I don't know how crazy the Shenmue retro-fans are, though. One of the retro PS1-looking PS4's sold for 10k on eBay!

openrob

Along with the rest of you and the collective masses overall, I hopped over to Kickstarter immediately during the Sony Shenmue III Kickstarter announcement.

The site was understandably chugging, but I still struggled to put my pledge in for the $29 tier. A couple dozen refreshes later, it finally went through and I got an e-mail confirmation.

I checked sometime later and realized: I'm on the $10,000 jacket tier.

I have the money - but, I need to eat, and pay rent.

I'm going to change this, but does anyone (unlikely?) else on GAF want it before I switch?

Let's all have a laugh. Or persuade me to get a $10k jacket.

Do a kickstrater to pay your kickstarter

NEO0MJ

If you don't care about money it's one thing but if you need the cash Then let go.

Lol, OP cancel that shit and invest that $10,000 in something that'll get you a return or for a rainy day. No matter how much you love the game, this is just not worth it.

Only reason to keep it is if this thing has potential to raise in value.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Jesus, there was actually only one available, this is hilarious.

Also, who's Huber?

Nikodemos

The sensible route would be to cancel the pledge as quickly as possible, and send mails to the relevant parties (possibly with links to NeoGAF threads) explaining what occurred.

The yolo route would be to launch a crowdfunding campaign of your own to pay for the jacket, and then auction it off for charity or something.

Usobuko

Banned
10k is quite a lot of money to be spent on a video game product with all the bells and fancies. You should know if you are that big of a fan for equating such high value to this franchise.

Piccoro

NeoNess, you have the chance to be part of gaming history. No, make that world history!
This is huge!
Of course you'll get the jacket, and then take a picture of you proudly wearing it!
A proud GAFfer!

Shadders

The jacket isn't worth $10k, don't be under the assumption you'll be able to ebay it on at a profit, because it's extremely rare that any gaming relic/memorabilia gets to those prices.

If you want to pay that money so that you can own a sweet piece of gaming history then go for it, but don't treat this as an investment.

Vex_

Banned
The jacket isn't worth $10k, don't be under the assumption you'll be able to ebay it on at a profit, because it's extremely rare that any gaming relic/memorabilia gets to those prices.

If you want to pay that money so that you can own a sweet piece of gaming history then go for it, but don't treat this as an investment.
See? It is guys like these that try to persuade you into not buying it so they can scoop it up for themselves.

Don't listen to him... With his silly halo helmet. He wears a mask for crying out loud! He conceals his lies like he conceals his face!..
Do not yield, op!

Azzurri

Lol, just don't go over to OTGaf, and tell them you spent 10k on a jacket for a game or you'll be crucified for being an 'evil rich' dude.

LiK

Man, I thought the pledge was from someone who was actually serious about it. Don't pull out at the last minute or you're a douchebag.

Top Bottom