• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, I Could Own A $10,000 Shenmue Jacket..

Have some respect for gaming history.
image.php

Tall Paul

Wow, this is a classic GAF moment.

Remember...you also get all the other stuff from the previous tier...you could wear your jacket and look at stuff...plus im pretty sure if you wore it to any type of convention you would be followed around by lots of people because you were "that guy"....buy it.....all the cool kids are doing it.

You could be a god among men...

Back to earth, it's a serious matter and you're the only one who has to make a decisión.

God among men...

jay

Please cancel your pledge now instead of waiting till the last minute. Someone out there actually wants to pay for the jacket and if you cost Yu 10k by your imprudence, may Chai find you in an arcade.

Diamond

Please cancel your pledge now instead of waiting till the last minute. Someone out there actually wants to pay for the jacket and if you cost Yu 10k by your imprudence, may Chai find you in an arcade.

Would have been hilarious if Shenmue 3's kickstarter just barely passed 2 million by a few dollars on the last day and Neoness canceled his pledge at the last minute.

Donos

Would have been hilarious if Shenmue 3's kickstarter just barely passed 2 million by a few dollars on the last day and Neoness canceled his pledge at the last minute.

A mod hitsquad with Leader Commander Bishoptl would have tracked him through his email and banned him irl.

But seriously, i had to be a gaffer. If he keeps the jacket in mint condition and Shenmue 3 takes off, more than 10k with reselling is not that unlikely (in 3-4 years).

DarKshodaN

This, just chancel it if you don't want it

The Cowboy

I'm going against most of the grain, i say cancel the pledge and let someone who wants to pay for it get it - sorry GAF, i know i am a spoil sport :(

MrMephistoX

Along with the rest of you and the collective masses overall, I hopped over to Kickstarter immediately during the Sony Shenmue III Kickstarter announcement.

The site was understandably chugging, but I still struggled to put my pledge in for the $29 tier. A couple dozen refreshes later, it finally went through and I got an e-mail confirmation.

I checked sometime later and realized: I'm on the $10,000 jacket tier.

I have the money - but, I need to eat, and pay rent.

I'm going to change this, but does anyone (unlikely?) else on GAF want it before I switch?

Let's all have a laugh. Or persuade me to get a $10k jacket.

GAF Sisterhood of the traveling pants: we kickstart it and treat the jacket like a time share ;)

I would go the raffle route, the jacket stays in Gaf.

Personally not for me, but I'd say you'll easily find 1000 people to participate on here.

Alienous

I don't give a shit about Shenmue. I certainly don't give a shit about a Shenmue jacket. But if you decide to raffle this off to 1000 Neogaf members I'm in for buying a $10 ticket.

Erekiddo

I'd be willing to do a raffle + whatever excess funds received goes to charity. I'm not looking to make money off of this.

At this time, still pledged. 1000 people is a lot though, and I still think probably frowned upon here.

Top Bottom