• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, I Could Own A $10,000 Shenmue Jacket..

minx

Dude... The game is going to get backed way over the 2 million. Put that into your retirement fund. I'm assuming if you are willing to drop 10k on a game that you max out your IRA every year? Right?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Its more than just a jacket, you get:

Special video message just for you by Yu Suzuki
Named as a Special Sponsor in the credits
Includes the $500 Reward

Think of the value!

Grief.exe

Dude... The game is going to get backed way over the 2 million. Put that into your retirement fund. I'm assuming if you are willing to drop 10k on a game that you max out your IRA every year? Right?

Need a cushy retirement to finally finish that Steam backlog...

Odrion

Banned
I should keep the jacket if Mother 3 is announced tomorrow.

You could buy over ten Mother 3 Game Boy Micros with $10,000. Which is also insane but at least they can't be replicated. Or buy one for like $750, and brag about it while keeping $9,250. I promise you that the dopamine reward would be very similar.

RedAssedApe

Banned
all of gaf should pool money to pay for the jacket and it could be like that sisterhood of traveling pants movie...where you pass it along amongst gaffers (at least i think that's what happens in that movie based on the title) lol

-Eddman-

Found a pic of your new jacket, man:

67wS0yF.jpg

Come on, you know you want it...

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I should keep the jacket if Mother 3 is announced tomorrow.

I'm actually starting to doubt your authenticity OP. I mean, this is insane. How do you only intend to back such a low tier, end up selecting the highest tier... and you're not hyperventilating and losing your shit right now?

I mean I would believe your story if you had intended to back the $100 tier, or $1000 tier, like maybe you missed a zero. But seriously... I don't know OP.

The Hermit

I'm actually starting to doubt your authenticity OP. I mean, this is insane. How do you only intend to back such a low tier, end up selecting the highest tier... and you're not hyperventilating and losing your shit right now?

I mean I would believe your story if you had intended to back the $100 tier, or $1000 tier, like maybe you missed a zero. But seriously... I don't know OP.

He doesn't have to pay until the end. Like I said it's a pretty unique item that ended up in his lap.

BTW OP, don't do it.

Permanently A

I mean, a sizeable amount of people were chomping at the bit to get the jacket. I think that they wouldn't mind paying more for it too. Seems like a decent investment to me if you take care of it properly.

ASTROID2

Now he has to do it. To prove you wrong.

What happens if it rips/succumbs to weather wear? Unless you really have that kinda spare cash available, I would advise against that type of purchase.

That's mortgage/ car payment/retirement material.

joecanada

So wait you are thinking of NOT getting it? What are you going to play shenmue in? A regular jacket like a peasant? Cmon gold gaf awaits you...

Lol only if you can actually afford this bro

Odrion

Banned
If it charged my card immediately, I'd be emailing furiously.

It doesn't charge till the end. Wanted to share the story on GAF. Still backed, currently.

I'm hoping that you're not thinking of bailing out of it right at the end. Lmao, imagine if that would cause it to miss a stretch goal.

Josh7289

What happens if it rips/succumbs to weather wear? Unless you really have that kinda spare cash available, I would advise against that type of purchase.

That's mortgage/ car payment/retirement material.

I don't think one is supposed to wear it that much.

Izuna

Banned
Let's all fund it together and give it to a disabled, struggling Shenmue fan and be the best people in the world.

This way we can guarantee that Shenmue III will continue to be as impactful as it has been for the rest of us.

Izuna

Banned
holy shit a raffle would be nice‏

we would all pay 100‏

then whomever wins the raffle gets the jacket‏

--

Please let us do this mods, if he doesn't keep it. NeoGAF getting feels a little like me knowing a guy that knows a guy.

border

I think you could easily sell it on eBay for $10,000 or more if you really need money.

If you're a scoundrel you could probably sell it and then just ship the buyer a fake jacket you bought for $300 at a department store.

HUELEN10

If it is okay with the mods, I can pledge to give you 20 USD so you can buy the jacket, as long as you make a video thanking each of YOUR sponsors which sponsored YOU to sponsor Shenmue.

x3sphere

I didn't realize this came with a special video from Yu Suzuki too. If we all pitched in then maybe he'd namedrop NeoGAF in it.

Top Bottom