• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I got a package from Superbot in the mail this morning

Hero

If people are writing love letters wouldn't they be more likely to buy it? Instead you should be sending Vitas plus the game to the naysayers to convert them.

Alchemy

This is awesome, guess I have to go buy PSABR now because of how awesome SuperBot is. You think the SuperBot guys would appreciate it if I drive down to their offices to hand out hugs? They're just down the road...

KageMaru

This is very awesome of Superbot.

Always love reading stories like this that show true passion within a studio.

Respect +1

Kurod

Banned
An awfully nice gesture from Superbot. Congrats, sn00zer! Must have been one hell of a T-shirt if that's the "smaller stuff".

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
sn00zer's now in bed with corporate interests and he's already posting threads to spread the good word about SuperBot and their terrific debut title, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, available now for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita! Time for a ban.

j/k

or am i?

Rubius

So, yo got a video game console and you post a thanks post.
Marketing for stuff.
You are now a IGN employee felicitation.

sn00zer's now in bed with corporate interests and he's already posting threads to spread the good word about SuperBot and their terrific debut title, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, available now for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita! Time for a ban.

j/k

or am i?

Meanwhile, hey_it's_that_dog has been posting about Capcom and their amazing GOTY 2005 Resident Evil 4 for years now, unabated. :p

And now I just got a pm asking for free swag...

:-/

lol

Wow man, congrats! I'd be so happy with a VITA. I really want one these days with the PS+ deals

Clockwork is very communicative on here, I love hearing from him and Seth when it comes to All Stars. Hope they can reach full potential with the IP with future sequels. +1 to Superbot

If people are writing love letters wouldn't they be more likely to buy it? Instead you should be sending Vitas plus the game to the naysayers to convert them.

OP states he doesn't have the funds to invest in new hardware + software. Also, wouldn't your rationalization make it more likely they're doing this as a nice gesture and not a marketing ploy?

gaming_noob

Do any of the Official Thread creators of new games get swag from companies? I wouldn't be surprised if they do get contacted.

Derrick01

Banned
Do any of the Official Thread creators of new games get swag from companies? I wouldn't be surprised if they do get contacted.

Tony the Amazon rep was perma banned here for suggesting that we should do something really similar to that. So if it does happen it's been kept secret pretty well.

Napalm_Frank said:
10 posts. You are slipping GAF!

In all seriousness they did give the Vita version of PS all stars away more than 10 times as much as it actually sold in america.

GolazoDan

That's nice! Might be a case where they've got a joblot of them though and they're happy to give them away. Like at a supermarket when the cream's going off on the cakes and they reduce the price or just chuck them away.

The cream has gone off in the Playstation Vita, that's what I'm saying.

Tony the Amazon rep was perma banned here for suggesting that we should do something really similar to that. So if it does happen it's been kept secret pretty well.

I'm also pretty sure some people do get some swag for making OPs lol

Actually wasn't this already hinted at by one of them? Pretty sure I remember reading something like that.

ohlawd

That's a good story. More companies should reward their fans like this.

I'm thinking of writing a letter to Nintendo about Super Mario 64 and Diddy Kong Racing because these games made my childhood much more bearable. And to Microsoft because Halo 2 gave me one of the best multiplayer experiences ever.

FREE STOOF PLS

JazzmanZ

Superbot did that huh?
Pretty neat of them, through the game doesn't jell well for me.
I think it has to do with the supers for KO'ing that won't work, even through I thought the gameplay was decent in the trial I had.

Congrats bro! Playing my Vita with Persona 4 right now actually, and I'm thinking my next pick up might be PS All Stars for it.

Post some impressions!

Haha, I remember reading that
long ass
post, OP. If I recall, I skimmed it and intended to get back to it, but never did. I love hearing stories like that. I dont even think many people responded back to that heavily worded effort you made, but it's nice to see that Superbot is watching.

Recently I made a suggestion to Clockwork by PM about a game mode I was fantasizing about for All Stars, and while I know they wouldn't have the resources to probably implement it, it was nice to hear back from Clock that he sent it to the team to hear. Maybe for a sequel.

I always look at All Stars as a fantasized, passionate effort limited by real-world financial barriers, and just hearing your story and sharing PlayStation with other Gaffers in the All Stars thread has been great. I hope All Stars grows with sequels, its always been my worry with recent trends with ESP and Lightbox, but not everything has to be a blockbuster AAA effort from the start. And definitely get PS+ for VITA. Tell us how you enjoy All Stars, see you on the forum! :)

The BOMBA of PSASBR must have hit Superbot hard. The last fan that wrote a story got 3 shirts, PS3 and 3 games. I bet your Vita isn't even signed!

664544_4690368144500_1452404158_o.jpg

Celegus

That's super cool of them, I love all the happy stories like this on GAF. Getting a game in an unconventional way like this really adds a lot of sentiment, at least it has for me. I'll never forget when an acquaintance from high school gifted me Skyrim the day it came out because he saw me say something on facebook about how awesome it looked but couldn't afford it. Enjoy!!

TheChits

That is really nice of Superbot and Clockwork. Awesome stuff

Tony got permabanned? wtf

Top Bottom