• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just texted to the immediate phone number above and below me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATF487 said:
2836300591_ef92b4a554.jpg

That's awesome. :lol

Wanace

I want to do this but I'm in China. I guess I should start with a simple 你好 and see if I can manage to get into a conversation that I won't be lost in.

Talon

Cryptozoologist said:
I want to do this but I'm in China. I guess I should start with a simple 你好 and see if I can manage to get into a conversation that I won't be lost in.
Holy shit. Texting in Chinese must be hell.

2220 (me): Quick, You have to trust me!
2219: What? Who is this?
2220: I'm you from a paralel universe, one where my phone number is one digit up.
2219: Oh, How is it over there?
2220: We're all a little bit above you.
2219: Douche.

Edit
syupid cmd v

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Amazing, it is 1:00 AM here, texted the number above me saying "Don't do it, you know better..." and then texted back asking "Why not?" :lol

Thinking about responding saying I am from the future and that IT doesn't go well.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
My bro and I got our phone's at the same time but ours are two digits off. I've always wondered who the missing triplet was...

TheWiicast said:
2220: I'm you from a paralel universe, one where my phone number is one digit up.

Edit
syupid cmd v
winnar

hEist

TheWiicast said:

Edit
syupid cmd v

haha :D

TylerD

Above : I don't know wut u did or how u did it but that wuz amazing.

Below: how did u do dat?

Now I wait...

TheWiicast said:

Edit
syupid cmd v

Awesome. Might as well make use of Google Voice.

CFMOORE!

i'm super tempted to try this, but my number is a corporate phone so chances are i'll get two people who work at my office.

TheWiicast said:
just sent mine...although my roommate has the number below, so I just did the one above mine.
That's insane. You should win a million pound or something.

I'm so doing this now. :lol

Edit: Neither of the numbers worked :( Damn you UK phone numbers!

Zombie James said:
This is crazy. CRAZY.

Contemplating...

Yes, especially to us Hate-Using-Phone Gaffers. Almost too crazy...

Edit: Someone text "FML" to one of your digit neighbors. If they answer who is this. Say, "exactly!! I guess I'm not important."

See where that will lead you.

mcrae

just did it, at 3 am local time. doubt i'll get a response but hey well see what tomorrow brings...

BowieZ

Banned
01 "Hi cellphone neighbor!"
03 "We know each other?"
01 "It is understandable that you might be apprehensive because you do not
know me, but I just wanted to say hi to my cellphone neighbor*! (*note that 02 is disconnected)"

I'm wondering if this is even possible in The Netherlands. Anyone know? I've never heard of cellphone neighbors, let alone that two people who know each other have numbers one digit apart. Sounds hilarious though and might try this.

I've now gone up to 4 above and below, and none of them have worked. :(

Is this even possible in the UK or am I unlucky and texting pikeys who can't keep up with the bills?

hiro4

Rocket Scientist said:
I'm wondering if this is even possible in The Netherlands. Anyone know? I've never heard of cellphone neighbors, let alone that two people who know each other have numbers one digit apart. Sounds hilarious though and might try this.

I'm also contemplating this.
Though I had a wrong call few weeks ago and it was quite a horrifying experience.
Not sure if I want to relive that again :lol

Ferga

Maybe you guys should change the message to something else that will trigger a reaction like:

- I'm so sorry for your loss.
- I love you
- How dare you bitch!

etc...

Good luck

tirant

Rocket Scientist said:

Going to try it today in the netherlands :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom